Drab Only Club

ElephantEarwax

• 3 months later...

I was down there the other day and I saw a life sized cookie dough chasmfiend, with a gemheart made of spikes. I talked to the baking department about it, they said they knew nothing about it, so I went back to shipping. Turns out that on lower priority orders they mess about with the cookies. I wanted to find out more, but @ElephantEarwax decided to Invest some Breaths in his cookie order for safekeeping, so I Aon Tia'd the Braize out of there. A hemallurgically enabled class IV awakened cookie dough chasmfiend is not something I'd like to get in the way of. 

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

• 5 weeks later...

You prob don't remember, but you or one of yours did in fact ask me to say those words back when I first signed up here.  What do I have to do to wield power over men and women and bring them into our ranks?  I should tell you though that Tuba recruited me, but I'm tired of being a good girl and want to have fun for a change!  Enslave people, command the dead, steal breaths of the innocent! 

Edited by Illythyrra Eldin

On 4/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, Illythyrra Dark said:

You prob don't remember, but you or one of yours did in fact ask me to say those words back when I first signed up here.  What do I have to do to wield power over men and women and bring them into our ranks?  I should tell you though that Tuba recruited me, but I'm tired of being a good girl and want to have fun for a change!  Enslave people, command the dead, steal breaths of the innocent! 

I own your Breath

• 5 years later...

Hi @strmblsd Please try and not post on topics that have been dead for over a year. It is what we called necromancy, and is not the most favourable thing to do.

Here are some tips by @Treamayne

•  

At the bottom left of a post you will see a "+" icon, a "Quote" link.

At the bottom right you will see an heart icon (and possibly different reactions in the future).

At the top right you will see a hamburger menu (three dots) which shows: Report, Share, and (your posts only) Edit and Hide tools.

Likes/Reactions:

• Spoiler
    • The Heart Icon (Like) is how you thank people or "like" a post
      • Likes, Mentions and Quotes should all send an alert to the appropriate person - even when added to an old post through the Edit feature.

Report Tool:

• Spoiler
    • Use  the Report tool to report any post (your own or others) to a forum Mod
      • Use this if you do accidentally double-post (sometimes it's the browser or a slow link that causes a double post) - just leave a message that it was an accidental double post and the Mods can fix it. If it was the first post of a new thread that doubled, they usually can merge the threads if they both have answers, so all of the content is retained.
      • For reporting Spam, only report a single post by the user to let the Mods and Admins know - they get messages for each "report" so reporting each Spam post is annoying and unnecessary. If all posts by a "new user" (bot) are all spam - then all of those posts will be deleted when that account is deleted.
    •  

Hide Tool:

• Spoiler
    • Use the Hide tool to hide your post if you want to remove it after posting (useful for accidental double-posts)
      • Hiding the first post in a Thread will hide the threan as long as ther have been no replies (Needs Testing)
    •  

Mentions:

• Spoiler
    • You can "Mention" a person by typing "@" and slowly typing their user name (spelling matters). As you spell their name, the interface will show a pop-up with matches - when you match appears, click it to add the Mention
      • Likes, Mentions and Quotes should all send an alert to the appropriate person - even when added to an old post through the Edit feature.
    •  

Quote Methods:

• Spoiler
    • The "Quote" link is exactly that, when you click it the quote will be added to the reply at the bottom of the thread wherever the cursor is (adding a carraige return if necessary)
      • So, if you have already started to reply before you decide to quote you can then add the quote before or after your text depending on the cursor location when you click "Quote"
    • The + icon is multi-quote. As you read a thread, if you want to quote multiple items you can click that for each post you want to quote
      • As you click +, you should see a toaster pop-up on the bottom right of the browser window showing how many quotes you will have
      • They are added in the order you click the + icon, not in the original post order, so you can set the order of quotes for your reply
      • When you are ready to reply, click on the toaster pop-up and it will take you directly to the reply section and add the quotes automatically with one blank line between each for you to add your comment(s)
    • Finally, you can also highlight a small section of a post and, when hovering over the highlit portion, click the "Quote Selection" button that pops up.
      • This will also be added to the cursor location, rather than the bottom of the reply.
    • Also note that you can move quotes after they have been added to your reply.
      • For example, you add a quote and realize there are no empty lines below it for you to type - so you can hit "enter" before the quote to make an empty line then when you hover over a quote you will see a 4-way arrow at the top-left that you can use to drag the quote up (or down)  and move the quote to before the empty line. . .
      • This is also how you can add quotes to an Edit of your own post. You quote using any of the methods above and the quote will go to the reply section. You then hover over the four-way arrow and use CTRL+C to cut the quote, which you can then paste into your edit window.

Editing posts:

Spoiler
  • Use the Edit link to make changes to a completed post or add information to your post if it is the most recent (to avoid double posting)
    • Quote buttons will still send a quote to "Reply" if you have a post open for edit, but it is easy to cut/paste the quote to the Edit box
    • Editing the first post in a thread allows the thread-creator to edit the thread title (important for changing accidental spoilers)
    • Editing allows you to add a reason for the edit (Spelling and grammar (SPAG), formatting, clarification, new information, etc.), but it is not required.

Other:

Spoiler

Quotes and Spoilers are very similar, but here are the differences:

• Spoiler tags are default "closed" and are not attributed - they may be opened by clicking the spoiler box title
    • Quotes are default "open" (but may be closed by clicking the Quote Title and are denoted by the basic arrow icon on the left side of the quote title), If the quote was added with one of the methods explained above, it will be attributed - if it was added with the quote icon in the Reply/Edit tools, it will not be attributed.
    • Attributed Quotes will have a curved arrow icon on the right side of the quote title to jump directly to the post from which the quote was taken.

Edited by Scars of Hathsin