With what is Khriss invested?

Julio

I was reading through Arcanum and found this. 

Dragon13

Are there requirements to join the Seventeenth Shard, and would they accept, for lack of a better term, a non-enhanced member?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes and yes... Baon is not Invested...

That sounds very much like Khriss is invested. Otherwise, Sanderson would just say that it is Khriss: she is the more obvious choice. 

So, what do you think she is invested with? Did Kenton find a way to give her Sand Mastery, or what? 

Yeah, Khriss isn't a member so she doesn't count for purposes of Seventeenth Shard Invested-ness. We have some vague hints that there's some form of magic magic associated with Darkside (Khriss mentions in the essay on Taldain that it used to be believed that Autonomy only Invested Dayside) but we don't know what form it takes and whether or not Khriss can use it. The prose version of White Sand has some more hints but we don't know if those are canon any more, pending developments in the graphic novel.

3 hours ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

I Think in white sand she mentions some sort of very minor magic system, something called a Skycolor? No idea what it is. Although for some reason I remember associating it with fingernails. 

Anything on Skycolors is speculation.  There is not nearly enough information in the book to have any idea what they are.  I think it was only mentioned once and it felt like a very throw away line.

I asked about a year ago if we would ever see someone using Skycolours like Sand

Brandon:
"It's a different sort of thing, but you might see it, if you watch"

-----------

Also, Skycolours are said to be more of an ecology thing than a magic thing according to Brandon.

Brandon:
In intended the colors on Darkside to be more a matter of the ecology than the magic--though, on that planet, magic and ecology are very closely tied together. (Well, I guess most of the magics are.)

Edited by teknopathetic

There is a magic on Darkside for sure, but we don't know anything about it.

Questioner

Can you tell us something about the magic on the Darkside?

Brandon Sanderson

Not nearly as explosive and obvious as the magic on Dayside. Most of the Investiture you’ll find is on Dayside, but there is some stuff going on over there

[Source]

Personally, I don't think Khriss can use any manifestations of investiture.

• Chaos locked this topic