Gender Poll of Sharders

Prism

Which do you Identify as?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Gender

• Male
    • Female
    • Other

I'm sorry if this is weird to anyone but I am curious to know on what makes up the community. If you are uncomfortable answering that is fine, this is just a generalization for me or anyone else who would like to know these facts. Again I am just curious as to knowing what the fandom is in general.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22 December 2017 at 11:41 AM, NamelessThirteenth said:

The way the world is right now, you gotta add Lime Green Crayola to the list so that someone out there doesn't get offended. That, aaaand there should be an option to switch, in case of the surgeries people are undergoing nowadays

Surgeries change the biological sex of a person, it doesnt effect their gender. 

2 hours ago, Del-light-full said:

Surgeries change the biological sex of a person, it doesnt effect their gender. 

6y06NQc.gif

I've gotta agree with @Del-light-full here @NamelessThirteenth, not to argue semantics, but words tend to be subject to their definitions. Gender is by definition a social construct. Sex, on the other hand is indeed biological.

Edited by The Sovereign
My post didn't come off as it was supposed to. Sorry Del.

Aaaah I'm the first Other :ph34r:

I was born one gender, lived ten years as the other, then realized that I had to do so much acting in both cases, and both had their share of awful expectations. Now I just concern myself with being me, and I don't bother trying to identify with a gender. I don't make a big deal out of it though. I am pretty androgynous looking, but I most often get read as male, so I use male pronouns and such. The last thing I want is any special treatment or attention, just to be true to myself.

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Nice! I happen to be a guy, all jokes aside, so I have the same gender as the toaster.

"As the Toaster" Toaster has dual personalities confirmed. One being a kind, sometimes funny man. The other a malevolent and insane Toaster that sometimes burns strudel. 

Indeed, I remember the initial ad campaign. It was an attempt to go, "Hey, look how much classier we are than Pop Tarts!" And then they proceeded to double down on pretending like they weren't every bit as full of sugar and devoid of nutrients.

Such delicious lies.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2018 at 6:29 PM, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

This is a weird thread. Also, why are the majority of people who've voted in the poll male...? Are we (sharders) just more male in general?

It tracks with the previous thread we had on gender; yes, there are more males than females on the Shard. But there are still plenty of us lady-types floating around.

14 hours ago, Prism said:

>Makes thread about gender.
>Scrolls down to find picture of toaster strudel.

Welcome to the Shard. ;)