The Art of Baking: All new Hemalurgy Free Bakery

Quickbronze

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Noble said:

He walks over to a waist-height swinging door and opens it for the doctor and his assistant. 

"By the way," He asks, "What type of magic will you be using to scan my products?"

"The old fashion kind: I'm simply going to look everywhere for any sign of a spike, blood, or alloys used in spike making. If that proves clean, then I'll break open a couple cookies, dig through a couple pies, and smash a cake or two. After having paid for them, of course. I've seen enough Hemalurgy in my days as a doctor to recognize the signs."The doctor says all this as he proceeds through the swinging door, followed by his assistant, and follows the owner into the kitchen.

Edited by Ookla the Altruist

2 hours ago, Ookla the Noble said:

"Then what is your assistant's magic item for then?" 

"My assistant's magic item?" the Doctor asks, as they enter the kitchen. "I didn't ask him to bring anything," he says, with a confused tone, turning towards the assistant. In that moment the Rathbore monk drops his cloak and in a flash drives a thin metal spike, about the length of his thumb, into the owner's heart, his other hand muffling any yells or screams the owner might have. In that moment, the owner starts to feel an overwhelming loyalty towards the Dark Alley, as well as a desire to further its cause in the scientific research of Hemalurgy.

The Rathbore monk then pulls out another spike, examining the kitchen to make sure there wasn't someone else there.

Ah, another small guild seeking to grow in the Shadow of our Illustrious Bakery. Reminds me of such memorable occurrences as the Light Alley, The Mediocrely lit Alley, and the Anti-bakery. All rose in proud defiance, and all withered and died. We shall see how long this one lasts.

Good luck!

Edited by Fatebreaker

3 hours ago, Ookla the Noble said:

Not long, obviously 

The Dark Alley has been opposed before? 

Well then, I should have done my homework

*Later that day, the Doctor (whose name is Ookla the Altruist), the Rathbore Monk (disguised as the Doctor's assistant) and the Owner return through the back door, into the kitchen.* "Welcome to the DA," said Ookla the Altruist. "I'm assuming that the next time I come by for an 'Inspection' I'll be finding hemalurgic spikes in most of these baked goods.
"Also, feel free to do some recruiting/spiking of newcomers whenever you want. That tends to help you get more accepted by the DA members. Now, good luck, and see what you can discover about Hemalurgy."

*The Altruist then proceeds to the front, followed by his assistant, declares the bakery Hemalurgy free, hangs a certificate on the wall and leaves without saying anything else.*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The man feels a breeze from the dark alley next to the bakery. When he turns to look at it, he sees a man in a black trench coat and fedora casually step out. 
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," He states calmly with a grin on his face. In his hand there is a metal spike, ready to be thrown at the man with the gun.

"Impossible" he mutters underneath his breath. Glancing back and forth he decides to point his gun at the man who just walked out of the dark alley. Speaking only to him he says,"Stay out of this, I have friends you don't want to meet." Then he grips the gun's trigger even tighter to warn the man.

Seeing the gun, his eyes widen as he pulls a spike out of a capsule on his side. He shoves it into his sternum and then downs a vial of metals.
"I rather think that I would enjoy meeting your friends. After all, they thought they could send someone to assassinate an ally of the Dark Alley," Grinning he says, "you should've shot me right away, now I have the advantage,"

"Well not just shoot you now," he says,"I am the great Kelsier brought back through the work of Spook Lestibornes" Then without another word he shoots the gun firing an aluminum bullet at the man. Then downs a vial of metals saying,"But now have the advantage."

(Vitriolic comment)

(Vitriolic comment)

(Vitriolic comment)

Edited by Szeth-2son-Vallano

Moving with inhumanly fast speed the stranger doges the bullet then stabs himself with 29 more spikes. Running forward at an inhuman speed he touches the man who claims to be kelsier, wiping him of his allomatic reserves. "Now, I again have the advantage, and you no longer have a gun." The stranger is standing where he originally stood, this time with his body bristling with spikes and holding a pistol.

Suddenly, he notices a two armed Herdazian standing in another dark alley. "That was nice gancho, and may I say that that hedgehog look suits your nose. Can I borrow a new spike or two? I saw some potential recruits back there, and I lost all my spiked cookies when fighting a particularly un-sweettoothed iron compounder."

"Gancho, where are your manners? Don't you think the Survivor needs a cookie to sustain all that... surviving?" He walks out into the light, soft whisps of Stormlight rising from his skin, snatching a spike from his friend's hand, sticks it through a cookie, and shoves it in Kelsier's hand. " Come on gancho,  don't be afraid. We are simple bakers, and we wish for you to taste our produce. It is a very rude gesture to decline our offering." His friend took a bag of clips out of his bag in agreement. Kelsier nervously nibbled on the cookie. Suddenly his senses were overwhelmed. He could hear each and every tone perfectly, and distinguish them from each other. The colours around him gained a certain depth. His inner monologue was broken by sounds of awe, which were suddenly stilled by the hand of something terrible. "Dammit Lopen,  do you know how long it took me to spike a Returned? Now hold still Kelsier, this might give you rebellious thoughts for a second." The man deftly pulled the spike from his arm and shoved it into himself. He then took a second spike from his abdomen and stuck it in the place of the first one, while Kelsier was still shocked by a sudden return of free will, and then it was abruptly seized from him. "See gancho, nothing to worry about. We just got a god as a cookie salesman. Now that's worth losing a few Breaths from that old spike, isn't it?" The man responded only with a proud smirk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 3:42 PM, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

"Gancho, where are your manners? Don't you think the Survivor needs a cookie to sustain all that... surviving?" He walks out into the light, soft whisps of Stormlight rising from his skin, snatching a spike from his friend's hand, sticks it through a cookie, and shoves it in Kelsier's hand. " Come on gancho,  don't be afraid. We are simple bakers, and we wish for you to taste our produce. It is a very rude gesture to decline our offering." His friend took a bag of clips out of his bag in agreement. Kelsier nervously nibbled on the cookie. Suddenly his senses were overwhelmed. He could hear each and every tone perfectly, and distinguish them from each other. The colours around him gained a certain depth. His inner monologue was broken by sounds of awe, which were suddenly stilled by the hand of something terrible. "Dammit Lopen,  do you know how long it took me to spike a Returned? Now hold still Kelsier, this might give you rebellious thoughts for a second." The man deftly pulled the spike from his arm and shoved it into himself. He then took a second spike from his abdomen and stuck it in the place of the first one, while Kelsier was still shocked by a sudden return of free will, and then it was abruptly seized from him. "See gancho, nothing to worry about. We just got a god as a cookie salesman. Now that's worth losing a few Breaths from that old spike, isn't it?" The man responded only with a proud smirk.

...one does not simply spike Kelsier...

6 hours ago, Jungah said:

...one does not simply spike Kelsier...

Isn’t that his whole dying shtick? Spiked by the Lord Ruler (i know they were not hemallurgical spikes, but...), and then, as we find out in secret history, spiked through the eye? It appears that Kelsier is quite easy to spike.

On 2/15/2018 at 3:01 AM, LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian said:

Isn’t that his whole dying shtick? Spiked by the Lord Ruler (i know they were not hemallurgical spikes, but...), and then, as we find out in secret history, spiked through the eye? It appears that Kelsier is quite easy to spike.

true, true. but are you implying that you are as powerful as the lord ruler? if so... imma run away now