WoB - Awakened Toupees

Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

I was there recording that signing. 

During the public Q&A I was like... 

We know this already, oh, the movie question... 

Yeah, Shardpools were accidentally made during Elantris... 

And then your question was hilarious and awesome. 

Thank you. 

59 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I was there recording that signing. 

Awesome!

Did you record everyone asking questions during their signings or just during the general Q&A?

I had one of the last red tickets, didn't get out of there until 12:30 am and had a 2 hour drive back to Eugene, but I saved enough of the end of Oathbringer to listen to it in audiobook form on the way back.

I didn't record my singing questions because I wanted a picture with Brandon, but I asked him the following questions:

Is Hoid the girl who looked up? (at which point he looked up with a shocked Brandon look). Is this the story of the shattering of Adonalsium, and did the group shatter adonalsium to figure out analytically the nature of Divinity. Was this an attempt to separate the different components of god to understand the unitary whole better? He said that this was not quite right but thinking along the right track (which leads me to believe that the original shattering, at least for some parties, was an attempt to make a better god after seeing what god is truly composed of, making Hoid's actions somewhat clearer, because he is visiting each world and studying the world, it's religions, and it's forms of investiture).

I also asked if Mraize had enough breaths to have achieved the 4th Heightening giving him perfect life sense, and if this could explain his infallible ability to kill cremlings and other hidden fauna with his blowgun during the GB meeting in the Unclaimed Hills, and he said RAFO (he might of been tired of Mraize questions at that point).

I also asked him if Nightblood were in the cognitive realm and was used to stab a bead that was the cognitive representation of a castle, would the castle be destroyed in the Physical Realm? He said if you could get Nightblood into the cognitive realm, then yes. I asked him what would happen to people who were in the castle at the time, and he said that they wouldn't be affected (other than possibly plummeting to their death). I then asked him how about a carpet that had been in the castle for 50 years, and he said that no, 50 years most likely wouldn't be enough time. I asked him if this was like the ship of Theseus and he said yes.

I think that there is a reciprocal relationship between the object of cognition and the cognizant beings that perceive the object of cognition. The Object begins to see itself as it is perceived, and the longer it is perceived as a specific thing, the more durable and unalterable that self-perception is, and the more it is able to influence the perceptions of the observer.

Did you ask Brandon any questions?

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

I had to leave at about 11:45, so unfortunately I probably didn't get your questiona recorded... And my questions I was asked to run past Peter Ahlstrom before I share them online...

Awesome, excited to see the Arcanum entries for those once they get OKed by Peter!

2 hours ago, Fifth of Daybreak said:

You're the hero we need, but I don't know what we could have possibly have ever done to deserve you. 

<3

Well, this is all pretty hush hush right now, but I think Nightwig is going to be one of the first novels set in the Cosmotologyere. ;)

Just having a conversation with myself really, but here is the rough Framework for the works in the Cosmotologyere:

Wigbreaker (Major Characters: Lightsong the Bald, Brushweaver, Brusher (one of the first returned who invented such amazing endowed hair accessories as the self-flowbier, the topsy-tailer, and who made a lifeless out of shaving scum and hair mousse), and Nightwig of course.

Yesteel and the Riddle of the Awakened Clippers (tentative title to book 2 of the Nightwig series, could also be called "Yesteel need a haircut?")

The Highlights Archive (the major all inclusive series that ties all of the Cosmotologyere together)

Book 1: The King of Ways (all about different ways to trim men's unwanted hair, a must read to understand the intricacies of the interconnectedness that is the Comsotologyere, and the first time you meet the master beautician Haired, he's like Paul Mitchell on Earth, his hair care products are on every planet in the Cosmotologyere)

Book 2:  Lots of Radiance (lots of descriptions about beautiful hair, its sheen, its glow, descriptions of it fluttering, etc. This book is notable for Kaladin's swearing of the 3rd ideal, "I will cut peoples hair, even if I hate the hair cut they want" when all of his cosmotology students want to get mullets and civil war mustaches).

Book 3: Stachebringer (This is one is truly epic, Dalinar Kholin, the man with the most attractive mustache on all of Roshar, creates a perpendicularity when he bonds a mustache wax spren, and with one side of his mustache in the Cognitve Realm and the other side of his mustache in the spiritual realms, combines all 3 realms in a brilliant glowing mustache that everyone still agrees is the most attractive mustache on all of Roshar)

Book 4: Pates Unhallowed (this one is the crossover novel where Nightwig really shines, or really decreases the shine as he is spends most of his time covering a lot of bald pates)

Book 5: The Song of Permform (this one is all about how hard it is to give Parshendi perms)

The back 5 haven't been outlined yet....

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
typo

On 11/25/2017 at 4:50 AM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I also asked him if Nightblood were in the cognitive realm and was used to stab a bead that was the cognitive representation of a castle, would the castle be destroyed in the Physical Realm? He said if you could get Nightblood into the cognitive realm, then yes.

Okay, so we're banning like 5 characters from entering Shadesmar now for safety reasons :P. That's actually pretty cool to know, along with your wig questions. Awakened objects can respond to conditions.. this opens up possibilities for the future.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 5:04 PM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Book 2:  Lots of Radiance (lots of descriptions about beautiful hair, its sheen, its glow, descriptions of it fluttering, etc. This book is notable for Kaladin's swearing of the 3rd ideal, "I will cut peoples hair, even if I hate the hair cut they want" when all of his cosmotology students want to get mullets and civil war mustaches)..

Surely you mean, "Locks of Radiance".

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 0:56 AM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I was at the Oathbringer reading in Beaverton, and I got to ask Brandon a question from the audience, I had a spoiler free question ready:

With enough breaths and given the proper command, could an awakened toupee be commanded to behave like real hair, and would it believable.

Brandon said yes, that should work.

I then asked would if it be able to respond to different conditions, like a strong breeze and still be believable as real hair, and he said yes it would.

Then I asked if a toupee could be awakened and given the command to protect, and he said yes but that would be weird.

So I did this little sketch of what could possibly be the best thing to happen to the Cosmere since Kelsier punched god in the afterlife: Nightwig, a fully awakened toupee, given the command to "Live Beautifully, and Fix Ugly".

NightWig_Small.jpg

hahaha.. now that's funny.

I just watched the fan-recorded youtube video where you gave your question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic