• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
ookla the aes sedai

Dominion, Devotion, and Sel: the Planet Ascends

33 posts in this topic

are we sure, though? because the planet isn't just Investiture, it is a planet with a soul that has been Invested to the point of Sentience, so it isn't just Investiture like a Spren, it is more like Planet and Investiture, which is closer to Kelsier, which was his soul plus Investiture, I think (you guys convinced me that Kelsier was different, so why not the planet?)

5 hours ago, ookla the aes sedai said:

are we sure, though? because the planet isn't just Investiture, it is a planet with a soul that has been Invested to the point of Sentience, so it isn't just Investiture like a Spren, it is more like Planet and Investiture, which is closer to Kelsier, which was his soul plus Investiture, I think (you guys convinced me that Kelsier was different, so why not the planet?)

This hypotetical sentient/sapient planet would be not too dissimilar from an awakened object and an Ascended Awakened Object was already be RAFOed before (at least I remember that question in regard of Nightblood)

18 hours ago, Yata said:

This hypotetical sentient/sapient planet would be not too dissimilar from an awakened object and an Ascended Awakened Object was already be RAFOed before (at least I remember that question in regard of Nightblood)

OK. I'm going to stop. I just wrote a massive response then deleted it. Essentially, I realized how genius it would be, how well it would tie into the rest of the Cosmere, and how well it might tie into other Elantris sequels, and realized that this might be exactly what Brandon is going to do with Sel. So, just in case I'm right, I'm going to not post it, to avoid spoiling any future Selish books for the 17th shard.

Now, how to get Brandon to confirm that it would be realmatically possible, without getting RAFO'd to death or leading the rest of the 17th shard straight to the answer...

Edited by Ookla the Altruist

2 hours ago, Ookla the Altruist said:

OK. I'm going to stop. I just wrote a massive response then deleted it. Essentially, I realized how genius it would be, how well it would tie into the rest of the Cosmere, and how well it might tie into other Elantris sequels, and realized that this might be exactly what Brandon is going to do with Sel. So, just in case I'm right, I'm going to not post it, to avoid spoiling any future Selish books for the 17th shard.

by "this" do you mean your response that you deleted, or my theory? if it is my theory, then yay! First person to believe one of my theories! 

if it was your response, I, personally would be very interested to hear what you came up with. you might want to put it in spoilers, though, for potentially spoiling future books.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Altruist said:

Now, how to get Brandon to confirm that it would be realmatically possible, without getting RAFO'd to death or leading the rest of the 17th shard straight to the answer...

RAFO'd to death... sounds like it would make Alcatraz's list of unfun ways to die. 

possible, but improbable. might need to activate the Improbability Drive...

2 hours ago, ookla the aes sedai said:

by "this" do you mean your response that you deleted, or my theory? if it is my theory, then yay! First person to believe one of my theories!

At its core, it's your theory. However, I take it 4 or 5 steps deeper, throwing in a bunch of other realmatic explanations, and by and large, building the skeleton for some massive Cosmere plottwists. And I mean some beautifully perfect twists and results. The same kind of stuff that blew my mind when I was reading OB. In hindsight, it's not quite as likely to happen as I originally thoughts, and if it ever gets disproven, I'll let you know. But since it would be Cosmere-wide spoilery stuff (if accurate) I'm going to avoid writing it here.

Edit: OK. So, it's not so much that I believe your theory, as that I hope your theory is accurate.

Edited by Ookla the Altruist

16 hours ago, Ookla the Altruist said:

At its core, it's your theory. However, I take it 4 or 5 steps deeper, throwing in a bunch of other realmatic explanations, and by and large, building the skeleton for some massive Cosmere plottwists. And I mean some beautifully perfect twists and results. The same kind of stuff that blew my mind when I was reading OB. In hindsight, it's not quite as likely to happen as I originally thoughts, and if it ever gets disproven, I'll let you know. But since it would be Cosmere-wide spoilery stuff (if accurate) I'm going to avoid writing it here.

that makes sense, and thanks for being willing to let me know.

16 hours ago, Ookla the Altruist said:

Edit: OK. So, it's not so much that I believe your theory, as that I hope your theory is accurate

eh, good enough. 

On 6-12-2017 at 6:15 AM, Ookla the Altruist said:

Edit: OK. So, it's not so much that I believe your theory, as that I hope your theory is accurate.

Just make a post/thread about it. Predicting what's going to happen is basically what this subforum is about. (well, and understanding more of the world of course)

Also, it's not gonna spoil anything, because you don't have any inside information what's going to happen. If you're incorrect, we had a good read and then get another good read once Brandon gets to it. If you're correct, we have a good read and then another good read because we're like "yes it's correct, and that's correct too and OH MY GOD THIS IS CORRECT TOO", and at any point Brandon might divert from what you've theorized, so there's no suspense lost.

(and if you're really unwilling to write it up just PM it to me please :))

I kind of feel the same as @Ookla the Leyspren, if you don't want to post it to everyone, just PM it to me, also, please.

PS. If anyone finds new info, but it has been a while, I'm ok if you want to necro this thread, since it's mine.

Edited by ookla the aes sedai