Nice to see a new upvoting system

Walin

I am kind of happy that downvotes went away before I started my "I dislike Jasnah"-thread and kicked of my Amaram Defense Crusade at the same time. That is controversial combination.

Seriously though, I hardly ever thought about the downvote button. I don't think I ever used it on purpose (I came close a couple of times though). I really don't feel that much have changed, except for that I was used to seeing it at the right corner of every post. 

• 5 weeks later...

I'm happy to see this change. I agree that it's a better approach than to deal with potential negativity in other ways - and you do see negativity, even on the Tor.com re-reads. People feel so passionately about beloved characters and cherished theories, which is a great thing! So Bye-Bye Zucchini! ;-)

Well... This post from the Sanderson Memes thread:

Contains a lot of cursing and explicit stuff. I reported it, but nothing happened. I would enjoy the use of a downvote button in this scenario.

4 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

Contains a lot of cursing and explicit stuff. I reported it, but nothing happened. I would enjoy the use of a downvote button in this scenario.

No one is forcing you to follow links, and there isn't even very much explicit there. I don't agree that post should be removed, and it's relevant in that thread.

On 1/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, Roadwalker said:

Yeah, it was explicit, but c’mon. If it gets one more person into the Cosmere it’s worth it.