Brandon's Latest Comment

Mierinx

Hey peepsIn an interview published on November 10, Brandon said something I cannot understand why he said so and that frustrates me to the core.

Nathaniel Sager: What is the best cryptic statement you can come up with that will drive all your fans mad waiting to see what it means?

BS: Ooooh, ooooh. Best cryptic statement, huh? Let me see … That's a hard one because I have to really be careful what I say, because if I give too much away, the fans are really good at picking out things. I'm going to throw them a curveball, and it's going to be a Wheel of Time one. There are things about The Wheel of Time ending … there are secrets that fans have not yet discovered and which nobody has asked me about yet. Major things. Major, kind of world-shaking, Wheel of Time things that are foreshadowed in the last books that no one has yet figured out or asked me about. So, that'll drive them a little crazy."

You can find the interview here: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900003841/qanda-brandon-sanderson-on-the-importance-of-fiction-and-how-writing-influences-his-lds-faith.html

The series have been finished; he did what he did. He may left many readers frustrated with what he did (like myself) and some readers are quite content with the last three books. 

Now, after reading this part of the Interview after a fan asked him a question; he gives this answer above. but why? 

It took me so long to get over my disappointment over the last three books, and he still says something about the series? 

Come on...

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the big secrecy is from Robert Jordan. He wants all the information available to the readers to be in world knowledge. So there are a bunch of rules that the WoT world functions on, but we have to take the in-world interpretation of those rules. There are a few exceptions, such as balefire not being the end of a soul as is believed in-world, but for the most part, clues had to be drawn from the book.