[OB] So about Eshonai

Aggrax

So, if Eshonai is actually dead like we saw at the start of the book, does that mean she is no longer a candidate for a Flashback PoV in the books? Since according to Coppermind the 5 Flashbackers were Kaladin, Shallan, Dalinar, Szeth and Eshonai, but now shes dead. Would we maybe see her as one of the Fused? or in some other capacity?

I think Eshonai is dead. The spren at her corpse is a lightspren that was in the process of bonding with Eshonai that Venli inadvertently picked up. Timbre mentions her grandfather being killed by the Radiants, that doesn't make sense for her to be Eshonai. I want Eshonai to be dead, we've had enough lucky breaks for our characters.

I'm really hoping Eshonai is actually dead, given that Brandon said he was going to do less of the revival thing. I think the way the flashbacks could work is if it's a Venli-centric book, but she's featured in most of Eshonai's flashbacks. I imagine Brandon has some very cool ideas for how to meld the two sister's flashbacks so they eventually combine into one narrative by the end. 

• Chaos locked this topic