[OB] Radiants and Silver Kingdoms

Alfa

In one of the gemstones in urithiru the Radiants mentioned that the Kingdoms will take in the Radiants after abandoning Urithiru. It's implied, that the orders will go to "their" Kingdoms (and no one knows what to do with the "normals")

Now, there are ten orders and ten Kingdoms (duh!) and we can make guesses which land was which order's homeland. 

Alethela (nowadays approximately Alethkar) is easy: Windrunners are almost upright stated to come from there in one of Dalinars visions. Also, modern Alethi culture is focused on soldiering, hierarchy (+advancement in hierarchy) and (personal) duty, which is close to the Windrunner way of thinking. 

Natanatan (now mostly abandoned) seems to be the Stonewardens Kingdom. Not only is it "the Kingdom of Stone", it's also the most stormward Kingdom, where people need to be tough as stone to survive. Also, Dalinar's midnight essence vision took place in Natanatan and featured Windrunners and Stonewardens. 

From here on it grows complicated.

Makabakam (today mostly Azir and sattelites) appears to be Skybreaker-ish. Law, formality, consistency and egalitarianism are quite to their taste. Also, being the opposite of Alethkar in almost everything fits the usual misunderstanding between Windrunners and Skybreakers.

Thalath, nowadays Thaylenah, Kharabanth and others might (just might) be the basis of Willshapers. A merchant / pirate culture somewhat fits the theories of Willshapers as explorers.

Aimia could have been the basis of one of the soulcasting orders, evidenced by rhe fact that soulcasters were produced there. My insrinct says more Elsecallers than Lightweavers, but there is no further evidence.

Further ideas on who might have gone where?

I'm unsure if this seems more like grasping at straws or lining up trends.

But speculation is fun.

Kharbranth's libraries are ancient, so perhaps a group based on scholarly activities?

Vedenar, tends to be lots of gardens, and it's people are more expressive in their emotions, specifically revelry.

Urithiru makes me think of the Bondsmiths.

Reshi? Independent, nomadic, laid back, accepting of things outside their control.

Rall Elorim?

Interesting, but feels like a possibly false pattern. Maybe we have it backwards? Maybe certain cultures fostered people who generally lined up with a particular Order, but it was a trend, not an absolute?

My impression was that each individual Knight would go to their homeland, not that Orders are specifically associated with specific Silver Kingdoms. Hence the Edgedancer problems - they, apparently, tended to be people without a home (literally or figuratively).

• Chaos locked this topic