Prism

Just something that has interested me since finishing Bands of Mourning, but if Nicrosilminds store investiture, then could you potentially gain any investiture from any shard by being in a certain proximity (or whatever defines the borders of an investitures "range") and then tapping your metal mind?

First of all, for now the only confirmed use of Nicrosil-Feruchemy is storing/tapping the Innate Investiture.

But for hypotesis, we will assume you could store Kinetic Investiture too.

In this context, you still will need to have be able to access that Investiture in the first place. For example, you will not be able to "store the Mists" unless you are able to tap them.

2 hours ago, Yata said:

First of all, for now the only confirmed use of Nicrosil-Feruchemy is storing/tapping the Innate Investiture.

But for hypotesis, we will assume you could store Kinetic Investiture too.

In this context, you still will need to have be able to access that Investiture in the first place. For example, you will not be able to "store the Mists" unless you are able to tap them.

Building on this: Feruchemy stores internal attributes of the Feruchemist. For example, he can store is body heat, his calories, his strength, his memories, his Identity, etc. This would imply to me that he can only store Investiture that is within him or a part of him. For example, you don't see a Feruchemist tapping someone else's strength or speed to fill his metalmind. So, to store the mists, if such a thing is possible at all, he would have to be drawing in the mists. I can see this as potentially having happened if Vin had been a Feruchemist: she might have been able to store the mists as fast as they came, thus avoiding ascension, though it would require an absolutely massive metalmind. Of course, that depends on whether Mists are a form of Investiture that Nicrosil-Feruchemy can store.

• Chaos locked this topic