Quick Fix Game 28: Minimalist Elimination

Wyrmhero

2 hours ago, Alvron said:

Speaking of, is the wording we use to vote for someone set or are we allowed to go on long tangents in our voting? 

I am voting for Wyrm.
Retracting vote from Kas.
or
Hmm, I think I will have to vote for Wyrm this round.
After some thought, I withdraw my vote from Kas.

As stated in the rules on the first post, please stick to 'Voting for [Player]' or 'Removing vote from [Player]'

2 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

The middle of these.

While we're closing loopholes... :P

In the event that I typed:

Voting for Joe

or

Voting for @A Joe in the Bush

Would these votes be counted as invalid? And would I die as a result of deviating from the wording? :P Could I somehow use this to make people *think* I'd voted for someone, only for the votecount to come out differently in the writeup? :P OK, now I'm just trying to find ways to annoy Wyrm. It's fun, though...

1 hour ago, The Young Bard said:

While we're closing loopholes... :P

In the event that I typed:

Voting for Joe

or

Voting for @A Joe in the Bush

Would these votes be counted as invalid? And would I die as a result of deviating from the wording? :P Could I somehow use this to make people *think* I'd voted for someone, only for the votecount to come out differently in the writeup? :P OK, now I'm just trying to find ways to annoy Wyrm. It's fun, though...

Please use full player names. Storms, you guys want to make this more complicated than it is >>.

2 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Please use full player names. Storms, you guys want to make this more complicated than it is >>.

Well, this is the 17th shard, home to a 1001 theories. I'd say most people here are at least adept at making things more complicated than they are.

10 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

@Wyrmhero Are we allowed to set up a code to use before the game begins?

That sounds like attempting to circumvent the rules to me.

I think it should be clear enough what is and what is not allowed in the thread  - The exact wording and formatting that you should use is contained on the first post of this thread.

7 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Wait... 

So we're not allowed to post analysis? 

Or defense? 

No, that's the point.

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Wyrmhero

Which of these is allowed, or are all of them okay:

Voting for StrikerEZ

voting For StrikerEZ

Voting For StrikerEZ

Voting For StrikerEZ.

VOTING for StrikerEZ

The 1st, 3rd and 4th is fine. As I say, as long as you're not trying to circumvent the rules on doing anything in the thread other than voting/removing a vote, you're fine.

I can't believe making the simplest game possible invites such confusion >>.

Okay, I changed my mind, since I won’t have to post any analysis or anything, I think I can keep up with this game well enough to not be a detriment to whichever side I’m on. 

EDIT: not sure if there’s even a point to a character name, so I’ll be Jon.

Edited by Jondesu

10 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

No, that's the point.

The 1st, 3rd and 4th is fine. As I say, as long as you're not trying to circumvent the rules on doing anything in the thread other than voting/removing a vote, you're fine.

I can't believe making the simplest game possible invites such confusion >>.

Sorry, I was just trying to join in on the fun. I wasn't actually trying to cheat the game, just wanted to make a joke. 

Ron, the agoraphobic cook, bustled about the kitchen.  So far 21 guests had shown up for his baking.

He carefully arranged the cupcakes on their silver platters.  Each of the baked treats carefully placed in their ideal spot so that each cake was enhanced by its neighbors.

"Perfect.  Mr. Leeds never did appreciate my art fully."

Just because there is no rp or anything other than votes during the game doesn't mean we can't have some fun beforehand.  :P  Who wants to try one of Ron's cupcakes? (Warning: these may or may not be made following the same recipe he used in QF6.)  Also, try not to drop any crumbs on the counter.  Ron likes everything neat and tidy.  He also carries a large cleaver!  :) 

You know, I think your description of Ron was the first SE post I ever read. 

Turn Barrel Tuesday, as the kids say these days, to Roger De Dree and Alex Wunkel, quite possibly the least memorable characters I’ve ever come up with. 

3 minutes ago, phattemer said:

You know, I think your description of Ron was the first SE post I ever read.

Ron is honoured you remember him.  QF6 was your first game iirc.  Ron enjoyed his time working with Roger De Dree.  Alex Wunkel, not so much.  :P