Quick Fix Game 28: Minimalist Elimination

Wyrmhero

1 hour ago, Kynedath said:

If you don't plan on changing your name or anything, do you still have to put you username at the beginning of your post?

No, that's fine. It's just for people changing their names.

2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

What if I put something in yellow?

Other than the person you're voting for being in red, and the person you're removing your vote for being in green, no coloured text allowed :P. Well, other than black.

Edited by Wyrmhero

3 minutes ago, Wyrmhero said:

No, that's fine. It's just for people changing their names.

Other than the person you're voting for being in red, and the person you're removing your vote for being in green, no coloured text allowed :P. Well, other than black.

you're no fun at all

one of these days in going to make a game with a ton of colors. :)

Edited by Steeldancer

@Steeldancer-- Check this out:

Spoiler

Roadwalker's COLORFUL EXPLODING Game!

Tell me how this will work. (not Sanderson set for now, but I could probably configure it into Warbreaker setting.) It will probably be a short QF.

There are five teams. Red, Green, Blue, Factionless, and Yellow. The color teams win by having the most players of their color. The factionless win by (TBD) All factions except the Factionless get a doc.

Each color team begins with one person on the team. (The Originators) The factionless are all the remaining players. 

The cycles are one long cycle, followed by a rollover, actions must be submitted before rollover.

Each cycle, an Originator may choose to convert someone. This succeeds if the target is Factionless and is not exploding on that turn. If the target is part of another color faction, they are not notified that someone attempted to convert them, and the Originator is not informed why their conversion failed.

If the Originator succeeds in converting the person, they gain the win con of the Originator's color faction.

EXPLODING

All players in the game are assigned a number, and as a player dies, all other players move up one number spot. At any time during a cycle, but before rollover, a player may choose to EXPLODE. They send in their order in the GM PM. The player immediately loses the game, regardless of whether their faction wins. If the player chooses to EXPLODE, they may choose a grouping of five players from the number list. They will explode, and a random player from that grouping of five (Determined by RNG) will be EXPLODED. Starting the beginning of the next cycle, they will be dead. They may still win if their faction wins. 

If an Originator is EXPLODED all the members of the Originator's faction will go into shock. (Role-blocked one turn.) A new Originator will then be voted into place by the members of that faction. Every turn, the members of a faction (Not including the Factionless) may vote. This vote determines who has to explode on that turn, and what grouping of five they will explode in. The faction may choose not to vote.

If a member of a faction EXPLODES and RNG chooses a person from their faction, the target is only roleblocked for one turn, and not EXPLODED. 

___

This is a very rough draft. I just wanted to write out a game with explosions.

Edited by Roadwalker

12 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

It amuses me that you guys are naming yourselves, when the whole point of this is that there is to be no RP and no writeups ;)

I got to name my characters.  It's how I connect to them and how they let me know what they want to do.  :)   Glad to amuse you though.

5 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Hmm, what are your thoughts on Bold, Italics, Underline and Strikethrough? We allowed to code our messages with them?  IBoqg2TrvdKpoPrOGEvv4Th3xhUcpe6fLtKJ9ZEgoLUrHrwsHEekHhnkjiScg-RhXAwFfXPJsJaKSIcga85mnJ1PgIE3c8lzkK8aIpFwS_0CDFgHIjrgaoh6FS6wy936SOVsK3N5 I already know you will say no but this is to let everyone else learn that before the game starts.  What about emoji?

In addition to Wyrm's sensible ruling, any player signing up for a game and changing their name in Ookla season must keep their profile picture, rank, and signature the same as before their username change. We hope that the reasoning behind this is clear, and that players continue to enjoy games despite the upcoming festivities.

14 hours ago, Alvron said:

Hmm, what are your thoughts on Bold, Italics, Underline and Strikethrough? We allowed to code our messages with them?  IBoqg2TrvdKpoPrOGEvv4Th3xhUcpe6fLtKJ9ZEgoLUrHrwsHEekHhnkjiScg-RhXAwFfXPJsJaKSIcga85mnJ1PgIE3c8lzkK8aIpFwS_0CDFgHIjrgaoh6FS6wy936SOVsK3N5 I already know you will say no but this is to let everyone else learn that before the game starts.  What about emoji?

Point taken. All formatting bar the standard is banned, other than greentexting the person you're removing your vote from, and redtexting the player you are adding your vote to.

11 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

If all the players are numbered, and you voted for even and odd in a sequence, it could form morse code.

It would be fairly obvious from the sheer number of posts you'd have to make to do that though, as remember that you can't vote for a player and remove a vote from that same player in the same post. Attempting to circumvent the rules in such a way would get you smitten smoted smited killed.

If you have any questions for the GM when the game begins, as all posting in the thread except for votes is forbidden, please PM them to me, and I will clarify the rule in the thread if appropriate.

9 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

Wow. I was like "My game is starting soon, I won't have time for a game!"
then I realized what this game was. 

That's the plan ;)

Edited by Wyrmhero

23 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

I suppose due to the restrictions on thread-posting, though it's kind of the opposite.

The mafia do not have a doc, but they will know who the other people on their team are. I can add the order that the votes were made. I'll post next to peoples' posts (X), where X is the numbered vote on them (even if X-1 has been retracted, for example). I also have no problem with colouring the votes on a player to reflect what alignment the player was when that player dies.

Also, while I am posting, a word to those people who want to take part in the Ookla festivities later this month - Last year, I got very frustrated with people doing this, as I had no warning and suddenly had a load of people posting under different names and sometimes different images. It doesn't help any of the players to change your name, and it certainly doesn't help the GM either, who needs to pay the most attention to who has done what. However, having said that it annoyed me, I also don't want to outlaw it as people don't usually do it to annoy and just want to join in with a religious festival fun forum activity. As such, I'm going to implement a rule to make this manageable:

If you plan on changing your name at any point later in the game, I will require you to preface every single post you make with your actual username, even before your name changes. I will give you one chance to correct all your posts, but after that, if you make another post and one of your posts does not contain your name, I will kill you off

Also remember that this game is about restricting the information players can give to each other. Only your votes should speak for you. As such, if you change your name (or title) in a way that I deem to be an attempt to give out information, I will kill you off. Strictly speaking, this is just the logical extension of my previous comment, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

I only signed in to comment on Oathbringer but couldn't resist stopping by here to troll you. You dropped this:

giphy.webp

14 hours ago, Alvron said:

I got to name my characters.  It's how I connect to them and how they let me know what they want to do.  :)   Glad to amuse you though.

Just for the record, he talked to me about this on our usual channel of communication. Why do you think he later said any attempt to circumvent his restrictions on player interaction would be considered to be attempted rule-breaking?

:ph34r: 

You're welcome. I regret nothing. Trolling Wyrm entertains me.

Edited by Kasimir

12 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I only signed in to comment on Oathbringer but couldn't resist stopping by here to troll you. You dropped this:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.webp

Just for the record, he talked to me about this on our usual channel of communication. Why do you think he later said any attempt to circumvent his restrictions on player interaction would be considered to be attempted rule-breaking?

Kas posted on this thread! That means he's playing! You all saw it!

18 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

In addition to Wyrm's sensible ruling, any player signing up for a game and changing their name in Ookla season must keep their profile picture, rank, and signature the same as before their username change. We hope that the reasoning behind this is clear, and that players continue to enjoy games despite the upcoming festivities.

:( I might have to leave my games...

Sign me out of this one, at least.

10 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Point taken. All formatting bar the standard is banned, other than greentexting the person you're removing your vote from, and redtexting the player you are adding your vote to.

It would be fairly obvious from the sheer number of posts you'd have to make to do that though, as remember that you can't vote for a player and remove a vote from that same player in the same post. Attempting to circumvent the rules in such a way would get you smitten smoted smited killed.

What if we just list their name in green?  We didn't vote for them in that post so technically we wouldn't be breaking any rules....

9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Yeah, I already knew his response but it helps to get things nice and clear before the game starts.  Kinda like the one above.

I was thinking of you and your codes during QF6 when I asked that question too. :P  You are after all, one of the code masters of SE.

8 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Kas posted on this thread! That means he's playing! You all saw it!

I concur.  That looked very much like Kas was signing up to play.  :) 

13 hours ago, Alvron said:

What if we just list their name in green?  We didn't vote for them in that post so technically we wouldn't be breaking any rules....

Can't remove a vote from a player you haven't voted on :P

In other words, that's circumventing the rules, and would be frowned upon most highly. People need to stop trying to game the system >>.

Edited by Wyrmhero

4 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

Can't remove a vote from a player you haven't voted on :P

In other words, that's circumventing the rules, and would be frowned upon most highly. People need to stop trying to game the system >>.

Just trying to have fun :lol:

Promise I won't do anything during the actual game

9 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

People need to stop trying to game the system >>.

I'm just trying to fill in any loopholes you may have missed.

Speaking of, is the wording we use to vote for someone set or are we allowed to go on long tangents in our voting? 

I am voting for Wyrm.
Retracting vote from Kas.
or
Hmm, I think I will have to vote for Wyrm this round.
After some thought, I withdraw my vote from Kas.

5 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Promise I won't do anything during the actual game

I make no such promises. :P