How long will release signings be sustainable?

SOM1else

I’m not sure if this should go here or go in General Brandon Discussion.

Back when TWoK released I showed up to the signing event at almost 10pm and got a number somewhere in the 300’s. With OB I preordered a few hours after it went on sale and got a number in the 1000’s. Fortunately I was able to camp out and got a much lower number.

With how much these events have grown how long do you think Brandon will be able to hold release signing parties? Will he eventually have to call it quits after too many people start showing up or do you think they will have to start limiting the number of people they allow into the event? Maybe something else entirely.

5 hours ago, SOM1else said:

do you think they will have to start limiting the number of people they allow into the event?

This is a possibility but I still don't think they will do this for a number of reasons.

1. Team Sanderson keeps developing smart tricks to handle larger crowds; e.g. pre-signing/numbering books so that those who aren't keen on asking questions can just leave.

2. Sanderson loves his fans and will probably refuse to cancel the signings.

Another thing to remember is that the Wheel of Time probably had larger events but Brandon still handled those. I doubt we have reached "critical capacity" yet.