Brandon in Boss Monster

Don't know if anyone else is aware, since Boss Monster: the next level is a couple of years old, but I didn't know about it until I played it with a friend today. I was looking through the cards and found a hero named Branadin Wordblessed, who wore a mistcloak, was floating and glowing, and holding a spear. His character description had him travelling between planets, referenced copper, and said that he only stopped writing when fighting evil. I happily told my friend that Sanderson was in the game (my friend has read the first two Mistborn, but he paused before the third to read Twilight, because he wants to know how bad it really is). 

I also discovered George RR Martin (Ser Mortin the Deadly, dangerous at weddings) and Patrick Rothfuss (Wrathfuss the Namer, who knows names).

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Don't know if anyone else is aware, since Boss Monster: the next level is a couple of years old, but I didn't know about it until I played it with a friend today. I was looking through the cards and found a hero named Branadin Wordblessed, who wore a mistcloak, was floating and glowing, and holding a spear. His character description had him travelling between planets, referenced copper, and said that he only stopped writing when fighting evil. I happily told my friend that Sanderson was in the game (my friend has read the first two Mistborn, but he paused before the third to read Twilight, because he wants to know how bad it really is). 

I also discovered George RR Martin (Ser Mortin the Deadly, dangerous at weddings) and Patrick Rothfuss (Wrathfuss the Namer, who knows names).

For those of us uncultured people would you mind explaining what exactly Boss Monster is?

10 hours ago, Jonathon said:

For those of us uncultured people would you mind explaining what exactly Boss Monster is?

I'm not the greatest at board games, but we have a club at school called the Nerd Squad (Nördkåren in swedish) where I played Boss Monster. Basically, every player plays as an evil boss, and build rooms with monsters and traps around you to kill the heroes who cone trying to kill you. It is basically one of these old platforming games, but with cards instead of a video game console, and from the villains perspective. The players gather souls from the heroes they kill, and the first to ten wins. You can also try to help heroes who are attacking another player, to get ahead in the game. Brandons character is one of the heroes, which means that you basically try to kill him and steal his soul.

I can't believe I missed this :( that's what I get for only playing two player games of Boss Monster. (Also, Reddit is saying it's Boss Monster 2 and I don't want to go digging through my games right now to check.)

g7yXxD8.thumb.png.4dd98e72910afb93ee8f0291f7614d83.png

Edited by Fifth of Daybreak

Is it just me, or is he holding a glowing Syl-spear? And that outfit could easily be a Bridge 4 uniform from Words of Radiance. :lol:

I’ve seen Boss Monster on the shelf of my local game store before but never played it. My interest level just jumped from “mildly curious” to “oh my gosh I need this game right now.” :lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: alright, someone tell me, which Boss Monster game(s) and/or expansion pack(s) do I need to play with Branadin Wordblessed and the others? ;)

Edited by Herowannabe

On 14 november 2017 at 3:07 AM, Personification said:

Maybe it is a Mistborn Llama (from Toaster Retribution's Hemalurgic Lord Mistbeaver thread)

The Mistborn llamas are far older than that :-) I believe they date back to the earlier days of the fanbase. 

@Herowannabe I think you just need to buy Boss Monster 2, which is called Boss Monster: the next level. I'm not entirely sure though. That is the game I played anyway.

• Chaos locked this topic