How to contact Brandon - form failed

ai83

Hi everyone,

Just tried to write an email to Brandon using the contact form on his website and very promptly got a mailer daemon with failed delivery in my inbox. Is this form supposed to work? Or is another method currently in use? 

Thanks everyone! I used the contact form but I think I found the problem. I re-read the failure delivery and it seemed to complain about my email address, on a ymail domain, which is basically a newer Yahoo domain. This is the error:

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from ymail.com is not accepted due to domain's
    550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of ymail.com domain if
    550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
    550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the
    550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative. v136si480119pgb.236 - gsmtp

So I tried to resubmit from my google email address and haven't (yet) got a failure notice. 

5 minutes ago, ai83 said:

Thanks everyone! I used the contact form but I think I found the problem. I re-read the failure delivery and it seemed to complain about my email address, on a ymail domain, which is basically a newer Yahoo domain. This is the error:

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from ymail.com is not accepted due to domain's
    550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of ymail.com domain if
    550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
    550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the
    550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative. v136si480119pgb.236 - gsmtp

So I tried to resubmit from my google email address and haven't (yet) got a failure notice. 

Yeah, that seems to be the problem. I looked a little bit into it, and it looks like Yahoo intentionally informed the maintainers of the DMARC protocol (which is a way for email clients to determine what a valid email domain looks like) to blacklist a ton of Yahoo domains, likely due the massive password leak they experienced recently. You can read a little more about it here, but I think it would be wise to look into moving to a different email platform...

1 minute ago, Argent said:

Yahoo intentionally informed the maintainers of the DMARC protocol (which is a way for email clients to determine what a valid email domain looks like) to blacklist a ton of Yahoo domains, likely due the massive password leak they experienced recently. You can read a little more about it here, but I think it would be wise to look into moving to a different email platform...

Time to give up these jerks for good then! I can't believe they would strike at their users because of their own incompetence. Actually I can believe that but it's still awful. Thanks for sharing that info!

On 11/10/2017 at 3:17 PM, ai83 said:

Time to give up these jerks for good then! I can't believe they would strike at their users because of their own incompetence. Actually I can believe that but it's still awful. Thanks for sharing that info!

When I log in to Yahoo from my computer it gives me a warning message that my email is not as secure as it could be. I always have to wonder if they're telling me that because I'm sending it to a third party app on my phone or because I'm still using Yahoo email services.

• Chaos locked this topic