Hi

Dani da Mano

Hello. I heard about the Mistborn series back in the late 2000s when I was waiting for R.A. Salvatore to come out with his next Drizzt book. Back then, I had a hard time deciding who impressed me more with an original trilogy.

Throughout the series I thought many things that were discussed were just another part of the book with no significant bearing on the story. The "reveal" in the third book did so well in bringing everything together that it completely shocked me in a way that no R.A. Salvatore book ever had. It is the single best trilogy of books I have ever read.

Recently, I discovered 3 more Mistborn books, so I decided to buy them. I am currently re-reading the original trilogy before I dive in to the second set.  I hope it does not disappoint.

Welcome @Dani da Mano, you won't be disappointed by the Wax and Wayne Mistborn books, except for when you have to finish the current three and wait for the last one:D. You just dove headfirst into a world of awesomeness, and I hope you enjoy it. Also, avoid any baked goods around here, unless you like sharp metals stuck into your insides if you know what I mean. Anyway, have you read any of Brandon's other books? One last thing, have an upvote!

23 hours ago, Dani da Mano said:

Hello. I heard about the Mistborn series back in the late 2000s when I was waiting for R.A. Salvatore to come out with his next Drizzt book. Back then, I had a hard time deciding who impressed me more with an original trilogy.

Throughout the series I thought many things that were discussed were just another part of the book with no significant bearing on the story. The "reveal" in the third book did so well in bringing everything together that it completely shocked me in a way that no R.A. Salvatore book ever had. It is the single best trilogy of books I have ever read.

Recently, I discovered 3 more Mistborn books, so I decided to buy them. I am currently re-reading the original trilogy before I dive in to the second set.  I hope it does not disappoint.

I assure you, they won't, though they're less serious than the original trilogy.

Wayne is hilarious.

It's probably a given due to the fact that it's a Mistborn series, but all of the main characters have been awesomified by the end of the second/third book.

Also, Steris isn't nearly as bad as she seems in the first book. Just saying.

Oh, by the way, most of Brandon Sanderson's other books take place in the same universe as Mistborn. This universe is called The Cosmere. Earth doesn't exist in the Cosmere, so any stories set on Earth (Such as Legion or The Reckoners) or some Earth equivalent (such as Alcatraz or The Rithmatist) are automatically not Cosmere.

Also, there's a Mistborn tabletop RPG if you're into that sort of thing. It's actually pretty cool.

By the way, the Drizzt books are awesome.