The lack of an elim kill could also mean that the remaining elims are innactives. So I see a good plan form , if we go after the innactives 

Rae kills one today  and we kill the other one tomorrow , and whorst case scenario one more of us gets killed if arinian  is the elim , but rae gets exhonorated 

If no other kill happens and the game still doesnt end then it could either mean that rae is the elim , or that arinian is an elim and is trying to be cute      (this outcome could result in us being even more confused so I hope that it doesnt come true)

If at any point my suicide will tip the scales in favor of town by not having to split votes between me and someone else

Edited by manukos

9 hours ago, manukos said:

The lack of an elim kill could also mean that the remaining elims are innactives. So I see a good plan form , if we go after the innactives 

Rae kills one today  and we kill the other one tomorrow , and whorst case scenario one more of us gets killed if arinian  is the elim , but rae gets exhonorated 

If no other kill happens and the game still doesnt end then it could either mean that rae is the elim , or that arinian is an elim and is trying to be cute      (this outcome could result in us being even more confused so I hope that it doesnt come true)

If at any point my suicide will tip the scales in favor of town by not having to split votes between me and someone else

I'm going to PM the inactives first, to see if any of them have finally decided to come back.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Rae said:

I'm going to PM the inactives first, to see if any of them have finally decided to come back.

Makes sense I guess 

But if one of them is skaa , I am not sure i'd want them back

How possible do you think this is?

Edited by manukos

A hooded figure strode through the dark streets, deftly weaving her way through the streets. The wind howled and kicked up tufts of ash, but she only pulled her robe tighter around itself. Her dark clothing blended almost perfectly with the night, but her clumsy movements and furtive glances gave her away to the seasoned observer.

ArSuun smiled as he watched her. From his position on the rooftops of Keep Entrone, he could see her every action. “Riri Aurette,” he murmured. “I have such great plans for you.”

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Riri snuck across the streets, darting from corner to corner. As always, she wore her camouflage cloak, an Aurette specialty. She couldn’t even begin to count how many times it had saved her. Before, she had used used it to sneak out to see Variel at night. Lately, however, she’d been using it for...other purposes.

She reached an intersection and turned. The night was eerily silent. Unlike before, her new boots didn’t click across the ash-stained cobblestones. She missed the noise. Riri desperately wanted to hum, to talk, to do anything to take her mind off of the task at hand, but she couldn’t. She had to stay silent, so she wouldn’t be caught. She was the last of them now.

The hopes of the skaa rebellion rested on her.

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Behind him, someone cleared his throat. ArSuun looked turned to face his employers, members of the skaa rebellion. "Ahh, Grayson, Louis, how kind of you to finally show up," he drawled. "I was beginning to think that our deal was off."

Grayson's eyes narrowed. "Don't act so uppity with us. You were the who wanted to wait another two weeks, even after you asked for more atium --"

Louis put a hand on Grayson's shoulder and locked eyes with him. A moment later, Grayson snorted and rolled his eyes. "Mike, are you ready for the swap?"

"Ready? Hell yeah I'm ready. I've been watching this girl for over a month now. I know her like I know the back of my hand. Right now, she's sneaking a message to her boyfriend so they can meet up somewhere and go all kissy-kissy, but her brother's gonna break it up as usual. Now, there's a million and one better ways to do this, but Riri ain't a thinker, let me tell you that." His mouth quirked up in a smile. "Trust me, she's perfect."

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Finally, Riri found the house she was looking for. Keep Hasting. It loomed above her, tall and forbidding, with high spires that looked uncomfortably like spears. Somewhere inside lay Jerol Hasting, her target.
There had to be a way to get in. Riri looked over the building, but couldn’t see anything that would let her enter quietly. She couldn’t enter through the main door, which was sure to be guarded. There had to be another way. She looked around again. There it was! A window. She sidled up next to it, took out her knife, and smashed it in, point first.

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Grayson brushed off Louis's hand and got right up in ArSuun’s face. "You said that you'd pick someone important," Grayson snarled. Globs of spit flew from his open mouth. "Not some teenager!"

ArSuun gently but firmly pushed Grayson away. "Woah, woah, woah. Give a man some space, won't you? Riri Aurette is important. She's got her own little circle of friends, who does what she does and says what she says. She practically runs half of the rumormill." He saw Grayson open his mouth and quickly hurried on. "No one's gonna notice if she acts a little dimmer than usual, trust me. She's important enough for us to infiltrate the nobility, but not important enough for anyone to pay any real attention to her."

Beside them, Louis nodded his head thoughtfully. "I can see that," he said. "Grayson, calm down. He's doing everything we asked him to do."

"Good good, someone gets it," ArSuun said. "Now, let's start before Riri sneaks away, shall we?"

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Riri knew that the sound of the window breaking would bring guards, but she hadn’t had any other choice. She raced through the halls and checked each room she passed. Broom closet, guest room, storage room, nothing.

Finally, at the end of the hall, she found him. Jerol Hasting, sleeping fitfully.

“No! No! I won’t let you take me again,” he whimpered. “No…” His voice broke.

Riri flinched and stepped back. A moment later, she walked closer to him. She’d heard the rumors, of course, that ever since his beating, he’d never left his room, that he’d been left comatose, and the Hastings were scrambling to cover up their mistake. She’d known it was bad, but had somehow never connected it to...this.

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

They crept to the edge of the roof and watched as Rhiannon Aurette knocked on window of Keep Entrone. Then she turned and walked right under their roof.

Grayson dropped down from the edge, right on top of her. ArSuun turned his face so he wouldn't have to watch.

A few moments later and it was done. ArSuun climbed down from the edge of the roof. When he saw the body, he grimaced. The bruises around her neck didn’t paint a pretty story. "I need some privacy for this, yeah?" A sick feeling rose in his throat.

I’m sorry...

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Riri plunged the knife into Jerol’s neck. He screamed, so she wrapped his pillow over his mouth, smothering him. The bed under him gradually turned crimson as the blood pumped out of his body. She turned away, feeling sick.

She repressed the urge to vomit. This...it was just the same as the others...the other kills… It was worth it. Had to be. For the cause, right?

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

By the time the nobleman Variel opened his window, all he would see was a piece of paper with neat, cursive handwriting left in his window planter. Any evidence of something gone wrong had been cleaned up, hidden with piles of ash. Riri Aurette was long gone. In her place, ArSuun was making his way to Fountain Square.

--<<--<<<-0->>>--->>-

Riri Aurette walked out of Keep Hasting, still feeling sick. She drew her cloak around her, hyperventilating. Breathe, Riri. In, out. In, out. Breathe.

Something clattered on the cobblestones near her. A coin? Was there a coinshot nearby? Riri backed up against a wall and looked skywards. A dark figure shot towards her. She strained her eyes trying to make out who they were. Lord Faron? How was it possible? He’d said he was a Lurcher!

Faron extended his hands toward her. A moment later, a coin slammed into Riri. Then another, and another, and another. She slumped down the wall.

-->-->>-|o|-<<---<-

When Faron came down to check the woman’s pulse, he found nothing. Sightless eyes stared back at him. Stupid skaa. She deserved it. He spat on the body. Then, for good measure, he drew his obsidian sword and chopped her head off.

He flew off into the mists, satisfied with his work this night.

-->-->>-|o|-<<---<

Once Lord Faron had left, Riri’s body straightened and stood up. The wounds the coins had left closed. Her arm groped around for her head and put it back on.

“This is way above my pay grade,” ArSuun grumbled. “I was fine with infiltration, a little less with committing murder, but now decapitation? Rust the skaa, they’re all dead anyways. I’m not doing this anymore.”

He wiggled his arms and legs, making sure that he’d regrown all of his nerves properly. Then he walked off to find the place he’d stashed his atium.

The skaa rebellion was dead.

All credit goes to Rae for the writeup.

Rae has been killed! She was the last Skaa! She had no role!

The game is now over!

Final Favor Counts:  

1. 121

2. 86

3. 87

4. 71

My thoughts will be posted later, but good game everyone!

House 1 wins!

Edited by Droughtbringer

heyyy great game , i had a lot of fun , (mostly at the end when i was more active , not a huge fan of the earlygame , too chaotic) i would like to thank Drought for GMing such a mess of a game i am sure it wasnt an easy task 
i have to admit that if it wasnt for the budgie kill i wouldn't have guessed it , arinian i leaned heavily on you too :P but we pulled through at the end thanks to you 
congrads to us for being the best house , and more specificaly @Doc12 @Ookla The Red and even  @randuir even if you were a filthy skaa , it was great talking to you at the house doc 
also i hope that all of the new players had fun as well and i hope that i'll see you online in the future 

Oh well, I only put the kill on Budgie because I thought I could put in a House kill and a Skaa kill in the same cycle, and I declared that I'd kill inactives before I confirmed with Drought whether I could do so. Next time I'm definitely getting clarification before I commit myself to anything inthread.

I enjoyed the RP in this game a lot, and liked being able to yammer away in a House doc. @Droughtbringer, thank you for running the game. @Doc12, @Bugsy, and @Striker, sorry for deceiving you but that's just how the distribution worked out.

Y'all should keep an eye out for ArSuun. This isn't the last you'll see of him.

Well, that was a pretty great game, even though I didn't do nearly as well as I could/should have. First of all, thanks to @Droughtbringer for running this one. Secondly, I'd like to thank my house and my team for a good game. Thirdly, I'd like to thank everyone else who put at least one post in for their contributions too.

I'd like to give a special shout-out to @Doc12 for his ruthless leadership of house 1 and excellent RP, both in-thread when he got around to it, and in our PM. The first did stand Tall.

A bit of introspection on my own performance. I felt like I wasn't nearly as active this game as I could have been. I had a bit of a health issue at one point (nothing major, mostly just a bit of exhaustion), but I still think that outside of that I should and could have posted more. I can also now see in hindsight that my most major mistake was my trust of Doc and Arin. If I had been village, I'd probably have either outed their activities in the thread, or at least informed Lopen about it, but because I knew they weren't evil I could (kinda) figure out the rationale behind most of their kills. I'm not sure if things would have been different if I hadn't made this mistake, but I feel that was my biggest character-break with village!Rand.

That doesn't mean I didn't have fun though, but I think it's important for me to take a look at what I did wrong.

Kieran Aurette sat by the doorway of an empty warehouse, waiting. Waiting.

A figure slinked in, a cloak drawn tightly around its body, hood drawn, its face and body hidden from the world. Slowly, sighing, thinking it was safe, it took off the hood.

No wonder. The girl’s face was now all over town, the news of Rhiannon Aurette’s death and the theft of her body still so fresh. Galen and Rhiannon Aurette. Both dead. The news of his uncle’s death had brought him from the county he had been residing in, and he had arrived just in time to hear about the death of his aunt.

He waited until the creature had crept to the middle of the warehouse, until he had moved between it and the door, before speaking.

“What’s wrong, no body to go out with?”

The kandra started, whirling around in shock.

“None fresh enough for your taste, perhaps? I would have thought you would’ve found a new face by now.”

His aunt’s face stared at him in shock, before she smoothed her features and gave him a wry smile. “Ah Hell, I’d hoped to keep this face for a while, you know? So innocent and trustable.”

“That face will no longer serve you, not with your ‘death’ and the posters I’ve placed all around the city.” Kieran stood, throwing the kandra a small sack which rattled.

It regarded it wryly, using a foot to kick the bag open. Bones spilled out, small ones. The kandra looked back up at him. “A cat. You can’t be serious.”

“You will leave my aunt’s bones, and take the form of the cat. I’m sure you’ll find a way to carry your atium anyway. If you do not, my guards have orders to barricade the door and burn this warehouse to the ground, letting nothing besides me leave in one piece.” Kieran allowed himself a small smile as the Kandra’s face grew uncertain. “It’s not acid, but I think fire will hurt.”

It looked appropriately aghast. “Hey, I was only doing what I was paid to do!”

“Which is why you have the option of leaving peacefully with your atium, and hoping never to cross paths with an Aurette again.”

“In that? Can I at least have a day to find a new body that’s not an animal?”

“Still wearing a dead woman’s face? A face that’s in posters on all the walls?”

“Look man, you can’t make me do this. My brain’s too large to be stuffed into that tiny skull!”

Kieran touched the hilt of his sword. “I’m sorry, shall I help you reduce the size of that brain?”

“You’re crazy, aren’t you?”

Kieran just smiled.

The kandra looked at him resentfully, before it finally shrugged, melting off his aunt’s skeleton, flowing around the cat’s skeleton. A small grey tabby cat trotted out of the warehouse, its nose and tail defiantly held high.

=o=

I have no idea when I’m going to die, but with all this killing going on… It’s always best to be prepared, isn’t it? This is all wrong. I don’t want to be in charge. Tekiel already notices my facade cracking… Gah.

Okay. The hopefully not last will and testament of Galen Aurette.

If I pass before Tekiel, may the leadership of the First House pass to him. He’s capable, and even if I do not know if he is skaa, he has the strength to drive our House forward. Oh Lord Ruler let him not be a traitor.

Everything that House Aurette possesses will pass to my sister Rhiannon Aurette. Riri… she has to be protected. I would give everything I have to protect her. If she passes… Avenge her. By the Lord Ruler, avenge her, and bury her besides me. If she passes, recall Kieran from the outer counties and give him the stupid leadership of House Aurette. He won’t like it, but he’ll have to find someone else to pass it off on.

Faron, Darquez and Manu can have their pick of Aurette’s clothing line, I guess? I don’t know what to give them, but they deserve an honorable mention.

Well. that’s it. Let’s hope I don’t die tonight.

To whoever’s reading this, protect Riri.

May the First stand Tall.

Galen Aurette

=o=

Kieran watched as his Rhiannon’s bones were at last laid to rest beside Galen’s in the small Aurette burial ground. “Your wishes are fulfilled, Galen. Your sister is laid to rest, and the First now stands tall.”

He sighed. “Be at peace. I will take care of the House.”

He bowed to them, paying his last respects, before returning to the Aurette mansion. His new home.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, Drought, so thank you very much for running it! I haven't been this invested in this game for a while, and it was truly a pleasure to be engrossed in playing a game, fleshing out my character, bantering in doc and messaging different people. I had several very fun interactions with people, and I want to give a shoutout to @ShaneysRus for being a new player I very much enjoyed interacting with. To my Housemates, I was sorry that @Ookla The Red died so quickly, as we had a lot of fun in doc. To Arinian, good call on killing Rae :D I knew you could do it, and thanks for trusting me. Manukos, you got fooled by Rae, but you did your best :P@randuir, You did a pretty good job. I was suspicious of you, but I really wanted to trust you :P. @TheMightyLopen, good job killing Rand, someone I wanted to save til the end :P 

@Ookla the Rae, I got seriously protective over your character :P I never suspected you, which you certainly used to your advantage. You had us all fooled until the very end, and still I don't regret dying saving Riri... I had a lot of fun Rping with you, so thanks :)

@BrightnessRadiant too bad nothing came of our plans :P 

(Also, I'm kind of amused at how we completely wiped out the Third House :P)

Thank you everyone for a fantastic game, and once again, thank you very much, Droughtbringer. :)

Edited by Doc12

This was a very cool game. Wish I hadn't been killed so early. Great game Drought. Also, i would have written more love letters to the Lord Ruler if I had survived. Drought did incorporate one into one of his write ups after I died, i wrote that letter. I had more ideas, but what can you do when you're dead? Lol. 

1 hour ago, Doc12 said:

@Ookla the Rae, I got seriously protective over your character :P I never suspected you, which you certainly used to your advantage. You had us all fooled until the very end, and still I don't regret dying saving Riri... I had a lot of fun Rping with you, so thanks :)

(Also, I'm kind of amused at how we completely wiped out the Third House :P)

She didn't fool me. :P I had her at 98% Skaa at the end of N1.  The only reason I didn't kill her N2 was that we needed the House points after Cloud was lynched.   :(   If only Phatt had been lynched instead.  Ah well.   That said, good work @Arraenae for being the last surviving Skaa and almost pulling off a win.

@ShaneysRus I enjoyed our RP.  I hope you will join us for many more games.

@Droughtbringer, twice during N2 you all but told me I was being attacked that round.  The only thing that stopped me from saving myself (and killing my attacker) was my personal code of conduct.  You might want to be careful with what you say in PMs while GMing.  :P  I did enjoy the game a great deal though.  I hope you GM more games in the future.

So close! I thought Rae might've been going to win, but great job on how close you came! @Arraenae I only started to figure it out close to the end, but I failed to get on because I was busy lol. Either way I dunno that I'd have been able to convince the village to lynch you because you played a very perfect villager and honestly I thought that I would've lynched myself if I hadn't been me LOL.

I was unexpectedly busy this game and had things come up that caused me to be inactive and then less active, but I'd definitely have put myself on a high suspicions list from my posts and the fact that I defended Drake. (Which btw was only because it was the first cycle and he was in my house :P)

Anyways, great game @Droughtbringer and I'm sorry I didn't get to be more creative or involved! 

• 3 months later...

This game is now long overdue being closed, but once again, thanks are due to Droughtbringer and Aonar for running such an interesting game, and to all the players for getting involved and contributing to the community. Congratulations to House One for your victory, and to Rae for your spirited defence.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, just get a hold of SeonidAlvron, Wilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list (and the GM PM group), but we'll be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also post game ideas, ask questions, and get feedback from everyone over in our Art of Game Creation thread too. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're working on.

Thanks again to everyone who played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!