What Next?

Hello all! I'm new to the Shard, and I am looking for good fantasy suggestions.

I've read the majority of Sanderson books so far and plan on reading all the ones I haven't read. I've also read pretty much every fantasy series intended for youths, considering that I am one. Now, I can't find any solid reads. I plan on reading Kingkiller Chronicles and all that good stuff in the future, but from what I've heard all the really good series are adult.

So, if you have any good suggestions that are relatively appropriate, please let me know.

@LordOfTheMists Welcome to Brandon's perpendicularity. Enjoy yourself and avoid offered baked goods as they may be ruinous to your health. As for books I found that the The codex of Alera series by jim butcher was decently written and not to over the top.

Edited by Nathrangking

1 hour ago, LordOfTheMists said:

Hello all! I'm new to the Shard, and I am looking for good fantasy suggestions.

I've read the majority of Sanderson books so far and plan on reading all the ones I haven't read. I've also read pretty much every fantasy series intended for youths, considering that I am one. Now, I can't find any solid reads. I plan on reading Kingkiller Chronicles and all that good stuff in the future, but from what I've heard all the really good series are adult.

So, if you have any good suggestions that are relatively appropriate, please let me know.

Hey, I am also a teenager, so congrats! The first Kingkiller book was great, but I stopped reading Wise Man's Fear after a sex scene popped up, so I also suggest checking out this thread I created, with the same idea in mind as you, clean fantasy. Some great suggestions, so check it out!

4 hours ago, MasterJack said:

Hey, I am also a teenager, so congrats! The first Kingkiller book was great, but I stopped reading Wise Man's Fear after a sex scene popped up, so I also suggest checking out this thread I created, with the same idea in mind as you, clean fantasy. Some great suggestions, so check it out!

Thanks. I saw some good suggestions. If you're still looking for completely clean books, I personally recommend these. They are definitely youth oriented but I really enjoyed them:

Beyonders by Brandon Mull

Summoner by Taran Matharu

Michael Vey by Richard Paul Evans

Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan (follow up to Percy Jackson)

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, if you haven’t read them yet.

The Wheel of Time

The Belgariad (and the Mallorian)

Those were my top three as a teenager. I also loved Piers Anthony. My favorite series of his was Incarnations of Immortality. Anthony is not clean though! (Xanth in particular. Do not be fooled because it looks like a kid’s book.) Some of David Weber’s stuff, though that’s more Si-Fi. The Khaavren romances by Steven Brust are basically fantasy!Three musketeers. I also read Artemis Fowl, but I only recommend the first four.

Those are the ones I remember reading; the rest weren’t that great or I’d remember them better. (I’m not bothering to mention Harry Potter - that one’s a given.)

• Chaos locked this topic