Corrections to WoBs

Pagerunner

Transcribing and reviewing of WoBs is an ongoing process, which we want everyone to be able to help out with. At the moment, there is no functionality in Arcanum to support that. It is coming, and it is the highest development priority. But until then, this is the place to suggest corrections you see that need to be made to WoBs.

Here are some of the sorts of things you might find:

• You're listening to a snippet, and you discover a mistake in the entry it is attached to.
  • You notice that a WoB needs clarification, or has been superseded, and thus needs a footnote.
  • You know who the Speaker is, but they are not attributed.
  • You feel a relevant tag has not been added to the entry.

So, if you find any of those, feel free to post them here for the moment. The format that would best make sure your corrections can be properly implemented is:

• Link
  • Existing Text, in a quote box (if you're changing the WoB itself)
  • Revised Text, in quote box (highlighting the portions that you have made changes on)
  • New tags

So, for example, if I'm suggesting a transcription change, I would put something like:

Spoiler

Link: www.wobinator.com/entry/1337

Existing Text:

Pagerunner

Can you tell me how Stormlight ends?

Brandon Sanderson

Of course not.

Revised Text:

Pagerunner

Can you tell me how Stormlight ends?

Brandon Sanderson

Are you stupid? Of course not.

But, on the other hand, if you're just adding tags, you don't need to include the full body of the WoB:

Spoiler

Link: www.wobinator.com/entry/420

New Tags: hoid, jasnah, rafo-plus

So, please post any specific corrections here for the time being. Thanks in advance for all your help - our team of Arcanists has been working very hard on getting some of these transcriptions in, and I'll be the first to admit that I've probably made some mistakes along the way. Your assistance will be essential to making Arcanum the best collection of information it can be.

This is so exciting! I have a small correction to make to one of my own questions (because I'm a narcissist and looked at the event I was at first). Basically, the reference missed Brandon's response and attributed my follow-up question as something he said. Side note: it's very strange to click play on a website and hear yourself speaking.

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/117-boskone-54/#e1676

Existing Text:

BeskarKomrk

[He started to ask the question and then realized that the book he had given him to sign was already signed, so there’s some unrelated stuff in there] When the Listeners change form, they do that by bonding with spren, right?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

BeskarKomrk

Are there specific spren that they need to bond with for specific forms?

Brandon Sanderson

Is the spren for dullform lifespren?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO.

Revised Text:

BeskarKomrk

[He started to ask the question and then realized that the book he had given him to sign was already signed, so there’s some unrelated stuff in there] When the Listeners change form, they do that by bonding with spren, right?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

BeskarKomrk

Are there specific spren that they need to bond with for specific forms?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

BeskarKomrk

Is the spren for dullform lifespren?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO.

3 minutes ago, dendrophobe said:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/87/#e4421

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/87/#e4420

Found a few formatting errors. Both of these have the initial questioner labelled, then nobody listed after that, just a line break.

3 minutes ago, BeskarKomrk said:

This is so exciting! I have a small correction to make to one of my own questions (because I'm a narcissist and looked at the event I was at first). Basically, the reference missed Brandon's response and attributed my follow-up question as something he said. Side note: it's very strange to click play on a website and hear yourself speaking.

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/117-boskone-54/#e1676

Existing Text:

Revised Text:

Done.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34/#e5902

It labels the questioner as Brandon

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson

You have met the Willshaper. 

Questioner

Is it Moash?

Brandon Sanderson

That's a RAFO.

Brandon Sanderson   <- right here

Ok. But it was a good guess?

Brandon Sanderson

Do you want me to write RAFO in this? You got RAFO'd.

Questioner

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34/#e5902

It labels the questioner as Brandon

Reveal hidden contents

Done.

I've done a fair bit of review and revision in the legal field so...yeah.  I tend to just pull stuff and make all corrections.  One thing that owuld be fantastic is if there is any way to scroll back and forth in an audio.  Maybe down the road?  Anyway.  Corrections.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/153-hal-con-2012/

To get us started, Brandon, do you want to give everyone a quick idea of what the Cosmere is?

Brandon Sanderson

(laughs) Okay. So, here's what's going on: When I first was trying to break in—this was over ten years ago now, like fifteen—someone told me that your first five books were generally unpublishable. That was fairly good advice; I found that for most people it's really just your first novel; your second novel tends to get really good. For me, I did end up writing five experimental books that I never published; Elantris was my sixth book. Another piece of advice I got while I was working on it, however, was: you don't want to start with a big epic, the reason for that being is that you want to give a chance for readers to read something, you know, a single volume, or maybe one or two books before—so they can see, so they can trust you to finish a story before you jump into a big epic. It actually seemed like pretty good advice to me; it also works very well with publishing because approaching editors and things like that, you want to be able to send them a book, and if they reject it, but say, "Hey, I'd like to see something else by you; this wasn't the right project for me, but I like your writing." You can't really send them book two of that series, right? Because, you know, they want to see something new, and so I sat down to write a sequence of three or four standalone epic fantasy novels that potentially could have sequels maybe, but the idea was to make them standalone. But, kind of in my heart, I've always loved the big epic. You don't grow up reading Robert Jordan and Tad Williams and Melanie Rawn and people like this, without saying, "I want to do that." And so, what I started doing was actually building a hidden epic behind the scenes with all of these books, the idea being that there were characters who were crossing between the worlds. They would have a story that someday I would tell that wouldn't be directly important to the book itself, but would lay the groundwork and give foreshadowing to something very large coming.

And so I designed this thing—you know, I'm a worldbuilder—I designed this thing with a sequence of planets and a story behind the story, and people crossing between them. And so, when I wrote Elantris, I embedded all of this in there, and then my next books were in that sequence jumping around—some were before, some were after—and so there are these continuing characters. Well, years and years later, I decided I would finally start writing something big and epic; I was tired of not getting published; I was tired of all the advice people were giving me; I had written a couple of books that were not very good based on the advice that people had given me. I said, "I just want to write my big epic," and that's when I started Way of Kings, and wrote that. [?] And I’d done the launch into the big epic, some of these things are going to be more important to the series; it was kind of me honestly giving figuratively the bird to all of publishing, saying, you know, "You've told me that my books are too long, that two hundred thousand words is too long; I'm gonna write one that's four hundred thousand," so...you know: "I don't care; it's gonna be big and awesome and it's the book for me." I spent eighteen months working on this book, and write after I finished it, I sold Elantris. It sat on an editor's desk for a year and a half. He finally picked it up and read it, and tried to get ahold of me the next day wanting to buy it.

And so, suddenly I sell Elantris which I had written like five years before, which had all these things embedded in it, and I sent that editor The Way of Kings, because you know he wanted to buy two books from me. He's like, "Alright, the standalone is great; what else do you have?" so I sent him Way of Kings, and he panicked. [laughter] He was like, "Ahhhhh, this is huge, and what are all these illustrations that you're talking about, and I don't know if we can...can we break this into like four books?" And I'm like, "No no, it's gotta be all one book." And he's like, "Ahhh...." But fortunately for him, I didn't feel the book was ready at that point, otherwise I might have forced him to publish it. I felt my skill wasn't up to the task of doing that since I'd practiced only doing standalones up to that point, and so I said, "I want to do a trilogy so I can practice the series format; I've got a pitch on this book called Mistborn that I want to write for you." And Mistborn was the first book that I ever wrote knowing it would get published. So when I sat down to write Mistborn, I had already sold Elantris, and Elantris was coming out, and it all of this stuff embedded in it, and I'm like, "Do I keep going with that or not? Do I just go all in?" And so I decided to go ahead and do it, and so Mistborn has all of this behind-the-scenes sort of story things built into it, and there's a character from Elantris—it's the beggar that Sarene meets near the end—who is also in Mistborn, who is the beggar that Kelsier talks to, that they wanted [?—5:30] pretending to be blind, that he gets information from, and then this character keeps appearing in all of the books as kind of a little Easter egg that was not so Easter-eggery because the fans found it right away. [laughter]

And so the Cosmere is my name for this big universe, which is actually, you know, just a play on "cosmos"—it's not the most original word—but it's something I had actually come up with when I was a teenager, so, it's one of those relics that's in there that if I were to do it now, I might name it something a little less obvious. I don't know; it does work, and it is a fun name, so that's there. The character's name is Hoid, and there are other characters moving between the planets, and so there is a buried deeper story to all of my big fantasies. The thing that I want to tell people, though, is that you don't need to read them in order because these are just Easter eggs; there's not a story there that you can really piece together yet. I don't want people to feel they have to read Elantris before Mistborn, or they can't, you know....if you read them all, at some point you will have some little extra tidbits of information, but there's not something there that's going on that's chronological and that you need to know about right now, but that's in a nutshell what's going on there; there is an underlying theory of magic for all of the epic fantasies that they all follow. I love the concept in science of the unifying law, right? If you guys have studied physics, there's this belief that somewhere out there there's a unifying theory that will unite all of physics, and because right now, you know, the things that happen on the macro scale don't really match what happen on the quantum scale, and you kind of have to have two sets of equations, and people believe that someday we’ll find that link that'll put them all together, and that's fascinating to me, science is, and so I have a unifying theory of magic for all of my worlds that people in-world on various planets are figuring out with regards to theirs, but if they had all of the pieces they could kind of put it all together.

So there you go. Long answer. You're going to get long, rambling answers to all these questions. Just warning you. This is what I do. This is my time to ramble, so... [applause]

Corrected Text

To get us started, Brandon, do you want to give everyone a quick idea of what the Cosmere is?

Brandon Sanderson

(laughs) Okay. So, here's what's going on: When I first was trying to break in—this was over ten years ago now, like fifteen—someone told me that your first five books were generally unpublishable. That was fairly good advice; I found that for most people it's really just your first novel; your second novel tends to get really good. For me, I did end up writing five experimental books that I never published; Elantris was my sixth book. Another piece of advice I got while I was working on it, however, was: you don't want to start with a big epic, the reason for that being is that you want to give a chance for readers to read something, you know, a single volume, or maybe one or two books before—so they can see, so they can trust you to finish a story before you jump into a big epic. It actually seemed like pretty good advice to me; it also works very well with publishing because approaching editors and things like that, you want to be able to send them a book, and if they reject it, but say, "Hey, I'd like to see something else by you; this wasn't the right project for me, but I like your writing." You can't really send them book two of that series, right? Because, you know, they want to see something new, and so I sat down to write a sequence of three or four standalone epic fantasy novels that potentially could have sequels maybe, but the idea was to make them standalone. But, kind of in my heart, I've always loved the big epic. You don't grow up reading Robert Jordan and Tad Williams and Melanie Rawn and people like this, without saying, "I want to do that." And so, what I started doing was actually building a hidden epic behind the scenes with all of these books, the idea being that there were characters who were crossing between the worlds. They would have a story that someday I would tell that wouldn't be directly important to the book itself, but would lay the groundwork and give foreshadowing to something very large coming.

And so I designed this thing—you know, I'm a worldbuilder—I designed this thing with a sequence of planets and a story behind the story, and people crossing between them. And so, when I wrote Elantris, I embedded all of this in there, and then my next books were in that sequence jumping around—some were before, some were after—and so there are these continuing characters. Well, years and years later, I decided I would finally start writing something big and epic; I was tired of not getting published; I was tired of all the advice people were giving me; I had written a couple of books that were not very good based on the advice that people had given me. I said, "I just want to write my big epic," and that's when I started Way of Kings, and wrote that. [?] And I’d done the launch into the big epic, some of these things are going to be more important to the series; it was kind of me honestly giving figuratively the bird to all of publishing, saying, you know, "You've told me that my books are too long, that two hundred thousand words is too long; I'm gonna write one that's four hundred thousand," so...you know: "I don't care; it's gonna be big and awesome and it's the book for me." I spent eighteen months working on this book, and right after I finished it, I sold Elantris. It sat on an editor's desk for a year and a half. He finally picked it up and read it, and tried to get a hold of me the next day wanting to buy it.

And so, suddenly I sell Elantris which I had written like five years before, which had all these things embedded in it, and I sent that editor The Way of Kings, because you know he wanted to buy two books from me. He's like, "Alright, the standalone is great; what else do you have?" so I sent him Way of Kings, and he panicked. [laughter] He was like, "Ahhhhh, this is huge, and what are all these illustrations that you're talking about, and I don't know if we can...can we break this into like four books?" And I'm like, "No no, it's gotta be all one book." And he's like, "Ahhh...." But fortunately for him, I didn't feel the book was ready at that point, otherwise I might have forced him to publish it. I felt my skill wasn't up to the task of doing that since I'd practiced only doing standalones up to that point, and so I said, "I want to do a trilogy so I can practice the series format; I've got a pitch on this book called Mistborn that I want to write for you." And Mistborn was the first book that I ever wrote knowing it would get published. So when I sat down to write Mistborn, I had already sold Elantris, and Elantris was coming out, and it all of this stuff embedded in it, and I'm like, "Do I keep going with that or not? Do I just go all in?" And so I decided to go ahead and do it, and so Mistborn has all of this behind-the-scenes sort of story things built into it, and there's a character from Elantris—it's the beggar that Sarene meets near the end—who is also in Mistborn, who is the beggar that Kelsier talks to, that they wanted [?—5:30] pretending to be blind, that he gets information from, and then this character keeps appearing in all of the books as kind of a little Easter egg that was not so Easter-eggery because the fans found it right away. [laughter] but then all sorts of other things.

And so the Cosmere is my name for this big universe, which is actually, you know, just a play on "cosmos"—it's not the most original word—but it's something I had actually come up with when I was a teenager, so, it's one of those relics that's in there that if I were to do it now, I might name it something a little less obvious. I don't know; it does work, and it is a fun name, so that's there. The character's name is Hoid, and there are other characters moving between the planets, and so there is a buried deeper story to all of my big fantasies. The thing that I want to tell people, though, is that you don't need to read them in order because these are just Easter eggs; there's not a story there that you can really piece together yet. I don't want people to feel they have to read Elantris before Mistborn, or they can't, you know....if you read them all, at some point you will have some little extra tidbits of information, but there's not something there that's going on that's chronological and that you need to know about right now, but that's in a nutshell what's going on there; there is an underlying theory of magic for all of the epic fantasies that they all follow. I love the concept in science of the unifying law, right? If you guys have studied physics, there's this belief that somewhere out there there's a unifying theory that will unite all of physics, and because right now, you know, the things that happen on the macro scale don't really match what happen on the quantum scale, and you kind of have to have two sets of equations, and people believe that someday we’ll find that link that'll put them all together, and that's fascinating to me, science is, and so I have a unifying theory of magic for all of my worlds that people in-world on various planets are figuring out with regards to theirs, but if they had all of the pieces they could kind of put it all together.

So there you go. Long answer. You're going to get long, rambling answers to all these questions. Just warning you. This is what I do. This is my time to ramble, so... [applause]

Edited by Mulk

3 minutes ago, Mulk said:

I've done a fair bit of review and revision in the legal field so...yeah.  I tend to just pull stuff and make all corrections.  One thing that owuld be fantastic is if there is any way to scroll back and forth in an audio.  Maybe down the road?  Anyway.  Corrections.

Done. Honestly whoever transcribed that monster with that few errors deserves a medal.

A better audio interface is on the list. If it makes you feel better the interface for editing the snippets has a scrubber.

Edited by Kurkistan

This entry is missing any text/tags, but it does have the audio source there. Not sure if this has already been transcribed somewhere but I went ahead and wrote it down anyway.

Also a feature suggestion: previous/next event links at the bottom of the page (like 17th Shard has). If we could get some way of tracking which events/WoBs an account has read that would be incredibly cool (but that's probably harder).

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5903

Existing Text:

Revised Text:

Questioner

Is Adolin and Shallan going to get together, or will Kaladin and Shallan?

Brandon Sanderson

That is quite the question. I will eventually answer that, but you are getting Read-and-Find-Outed. It is intentionally a bit of a mimicry of something else that happened in the past.

10 minutes ago, BeskarKomrk said:

This entry is missing any text/tags, but it does have the audio source there. Not sure if this has already been transcribed somewhere but I went ahead and wrote it down anyway.

Also a feature suggestion: previous/next event links at the bottom of the page (like 17th Shard has). If we could get some way of tracking which events/WoBs an account has read that would be incredibly cool (but that's probably harder).

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5903

Existing Text:

Revised Text:

Got it. Thanks for going the extra mile. For the feature suggestions... Tell you what make a thread for general "wouldn't it be nice..." and I won't yell at you.

Another small correction here.

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/127-salt-lake-city-comiccon-2017/#e5129

Existing Text:

Lurcher

I have a question on the recording, since that's mine. To clarify, we need to send it to Peter? The transcripts, or the audio?

Brandon Sanderson

The transcripts.

Lurcher

Of all three days?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. *inaudible*, they're gonna cut out almost all of this. Run it by him There's a question I'm trying to remember where I flubbed yesterday. I can't even remember what the question was. A lot of times, you're sitting here, and you're just, like, brain dead as people are coming through, and they say something and you're like "Yeah, uh-huh."' And then, you're like, "Wait, no. That's not even the question they asked." I'm pretty sure I got the important words right, but send it through him. It's a practice that I want to get in the habit of doing.

And he sometimes will have all these things all in the notes, so he gets them, and can add them to make sure they're in the notes, for continuity and stuff.

Revised Text:

Lurcher

I have a question on the recording, since that's mine. To clarify, we need to send it to Peter? The transcripts, or the audio?

Brandon Sanderson

The transcripts.

Lurcher

Of all three days?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. Only the things you're going to post, they're gonna cut out almost all of this. Run it by him. There's a question I'm trying to remember where I flubbed yesterday. I can't even remember what the question was. A lot of times, you're sitting here, and you're just, like, brain dead as people are coming through, and they say something and you're like "Yeah, uh-huh."' And then, you're like, "Wait, no. That's not even the question they asked." I'm pretty sure I got the important words right, but send it through him. It's a practice that I want to get in the habit of doing.

And he sometimes will have all these things all in the notes, so he gets them, and can add them to make sure they're in the notes, for continuity and stuff.

#5 Share

Play/Pause

Play/Pa

Questioner

Any more Mistborn stories in the works?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. For those who aren't aware, when I pitched the Mistborn series to my editor originally, way back when, I pitched it as a trilogy of trilogies—a past-present-future—where I would do an epic fantasy trilogy and then I would jump forward hundreds of years and explore what happens with the magic in a modern-day technology setting, and then I would jump forward hundreds more years and allow the magic to then become the primary means by which FTL—faster-than-light space travel—is able to happen. And so, the three metallurgic magic systems actually have FTL built into them. And so there will be a space-opera series set in the future, because I was able to plan all this stuff out finally knowing what I would be publishing. One thing that I ran into doing that was, when I delved into The Way of Kings and the Stormlight Archive, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to get to that second Mistborn trilogy any time soon, so I didn't want to have two big epics going on at the same time—I wanted, you know, one epic, and then other things—and so what I did is I said, well I'm going to try writing a short story in the Mistborn world, and this will be something exciting for people that, you know...I kind of sort of do some of these things to keep Mistborn going.

And, I tried writing a short story and it flopped horribly. It was a terrible story. Wayne was in it, but otherwise it was awful. It just didn't work...

Okay. Anyway, so...back to your story. I tried to write this short story, and it was awful. And I said, well, it's just not working, but there's some ideas here that I want to expand on. Maybe I'll write something bigger. And I started working on it, and I got about three chapters in, and said, okay, this is a novel.

Fortunately, I'd built into—this was a time where I'd built in myself a couple of months between Wheel of Time books to just do whatever I wanted. You can go back to my blogs at the time, and I said, people, I need a couple months to do something else to refresh myself.—and so, I went in my outline to a full short novel that because Alloy of Law, and this is an interim book meant to be kind of more fast-paced, only focused on a couple characters, to deal with, you know...I describe it as, sometimes you want to go have a big steak dinner, but sometimes you really just want to have a hamburger, and Alloy of Law is a hamburger. [laughter] It's faster. It's fun. It's meant to be a cool character interaction story, and with a mystery, as opposed to something that big.

And so I plan to do some more of those; I actually got about halfway through a sequel during moments of free time that unfortunately I can't continue because the Wheel of Time project went...I would do it when I'd like send a revision to Harriet, and it would be, she'd be like, "I'll get back to you in three days," and I'm like, alright, I'll work on this. And then when the revision comes back, I don't keep going on this; I have to work on the Wheel of Time. It's not something I can put off. And right now with Stormlight 2—I have to do Stormlight 2; deadlines are so tight—but I will eventually get back to Shadows of Self, the second Wax and Wayne book, and you will get some more of those, to have some things going on in the Mistborn world until I get to the second epic trilogy, which will happen eventually.

Play/Pa

Questioner

Any more Mistborn stories in the works?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. For those who aren't aware, when I pitched the Mistborn series to my editor originally, way back when, I pitched it as a trilogy of trilogies—a past-present-future—where I would do an epic fantasy trilogy and then I would jump forward hundreds of years and explore what happens with the magic in a modern-day technology level setting, and then I would jump forward hundreds more years and allow the magic to then become the primary means by which FTL—faster-than-light space travel—is able to happen. And so, the three metallurgic magic systems actually have FTL built into them. And so there will be a space-opera series set in the future, because I was able to plan all this stuff out finally knowing what I would be publishing. One thing that I ran into doing that was, when I delved into The Way of Kings and the Stormlight Archive, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to get to that second Mistborn trilogy any time soon, so I didn't want to have two big epics going on at the same time—I wanted, you know, one epic, and then other things—and so what I did is I said, well I'm going to try writing a short story in the Mistborn world, and this will be something exciting for people that, you know...I kind of sort of do some of these things to keep Mistborn going.

And, I tried writing a short story and it flopped horribly. It was a terrible story. Wayne was in it, but otherwise it was awful. It just didn't work...

Okay. Anyway, so...back to your story. I tried to write this short story, and it was awful. And I said, well, it's just not working, but there's some ideas here that I want to expand on. Maybe I'll write something bigger. And I started working on it, and I got about three chapters in, and said, okay, this is a novel.

Fortunately, I'd built into—this was a time where I'd built in myself a couple of months between Wheel of Time books to just do whatever I wanted. You can go back to my blogs at the time, and I said, people, I need a couple months to do something else to refresh myself.—and so, I went in my outline to a full short novel that became Alloy of Law, and this is an interim book meant to be kind of more fast-paced, only focused on a couple characters, to deal with, you know...I describe it as, sometimes you want to go have a big steak dinner, but sometimes you really just want to have a hamburger, and Alloy of Law is a hamburger. [laughter] It's faster. It's fun. It's meant to be a cool character interaction story, and with a mystery, as opposed to something that big.

And so I plan to do some more of those; I actually got about halfway through a sequel during moments of free time that unfortunately I can't continue because the Wheel of Time project went...I would do it when I'd like send a revision to Harriet, and it would be, she'd be like, "I'll get back to you in three days," and I'm like, alright, I'll work on this. And then when the revision comes back, I don't keep going on this; I have to work on the Wheel of Time. It's not something I can put off. And right now with Stormlight 2—I have to do Stormlight 2; deadlines are so tight—but I will eventually get back to Shadows of Self, the second Wax and Wayne book, and you will get some more of those, to have some things going on in the Mistborn world until I get to the second epic trilogy, which will happen eventually.

This entry has duplicate text for everything both the questioner and Brandon say. I'm not sure if it's a formatting problem or a text problem.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5998

Questioner

So, the original Steelheart, David's father, vs David, once he gets his new steelheart powers, which one do you think would be better?

Questioner

So, the original Steelheart, David's father, vs David, once he gets his new steelheart powers, which one do you think would be better?

Brandon Sanderson

More powerful you mean?

Brandon Sanderson

More powerful you mean?

Questioner

Yeah, and, like more, skill-wise and...

Questioner

Yeah, and, like more, skill-wise and...

Brandon Sanderson

Oh definitely original Steelheart but, you know, give David some time.

Brandon Sanderson

Oh definitely original Steelheart but, you know, give David some time.

Also from the same event, this entry has no text or audio--i think it's simply empty.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34/#e5994

1 hour ago, ccstat said:

This entry has duplicate text for everything both the questioner and Brandon say. I'm not sure if it's a formatting problem or a text problem.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5998

For now we're not fixing it so devs can study it and figure out why it's happening.

Regarding audio scrubbers: 

Yes! We need these on entry pages. When we have editing for the general populations--where you can just directly submit your suggestions, which we then approve--you will be able to press Edit, which has an audio scrubber on the edit screen.

On the front end, we need a overhaul on audio playing which will not be done for a long time. 

We do not expect people to transcription edit work until we have that system ready.

I'm on mobile at the moment, and I can't figure out how to highlight the text on this interface. I've underlined the differences instead, I hope that's okay. I'm sorry if it's a problem. 

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5717

Questioner

Was Sadeas involved with Gavilar's death?

Brandon Sanderson

No, good question. He legitimately thought that Gavilar was a good king and so he legitimately wanted him to live. Sadeas had...his *inaudible* with Dalinar, he was way more ruthless, and things like this. But at the end of the day he really did want the kingdom to succeed and he did not want to be king.

Questioner

Was Sadeas involved with Gavilar's death?

Brandon Sanderson

No, good question. He legitimately thought that Gavilar was a good king and so he legitimately wanted him to live. Sadeas had...his disagreements with Dalinar, he was way more ruthless, and things like this. But at the end of the day he really did want the kingdom to succeed and he did not want to be king.

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34-arcanum-unbounded-seattle-signing/#e5901

Questioner

What happens if you burn duralumin while compounding?

Brandon Sanderson

Duralumin while compounding. So, what duralumin does is it burns out of all of your metal in one burst. So it doesn't necessarily gain you power, it makes it all happen at the same time. The same thing would happen.

Questioner

*inaudible*

Brandon Sanderson

Oh you could totally *inaudible*. That is within the power of using that, doing *inaudible*, yeah you could totally... You'd be really dangerous.

Questioner

But it wouldn't really do much?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh it would have explosive...it does things really fast. That's what it does. Yes you could achieve very powerful sudden effects through that. It'd be scary. Controlling it can be dangerous, regardless of which metal you use.

Questioner

What happens if you burn duralumin while compounding?

Brandon Sanderson

Duralumin while compounding. So, what duralumin does is it burns out of all of your metal in one burst. So it doesn't necessarily gain you power, it makes it all happen at the same time. The same thing would happen.

Questioner

Could you turn into a baby? 

Brandon Sanderson

Oh you could totally turn into a baby. That is within the power of using that, doing *inaudible*, yeah you could totally... You'd be really dangerous.

Questioner

But it wouldn't really do much?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh it would have explosive...it does things really fast. That's what it does. Yes you could achieve very powerful sudden effects through that. It'd be scary. Controlling it can be dangerous, regardless of which metal you use.

Mislabeled Brandon as Questioner. I also had to underline instead of highlight because I'm on mobile (edited to be highlighted). 

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/127-salt-lake-city-comiccon-2017/#e5204

Original Text:

Questioner

[Way of Kings] is my best book, but it also is the one that requires you to trust me the most.

Revised Text:

Brandon Sanderson

[Way of Kings] is my best book, but it also is the one that requires you to trust me the most.

Edited by BeskarKomrk
Replaced underline w/ highlight

Here's a WoB that I got, and I remember what I asked.

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/35-arcanum-unbounded-hoboken-signing/#e4399

Existing Text:

Ravi

I'm curious how you were *inaudible* the graphic novel. *inaudible* because I have the draft. 

Brandon Sanderson

Uh-huh.

Ravi

*inaudible* You know, you were very descriptive. *inaudible* It's not so much-- although I did see *inaudible* on here. 

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, so, I focus on the positives. *inaudible*

Ravi

I think that's fair. Of course.

Brandon Sanderson

And I-- what we came up with was the *inaudible*... Like the only one that really bothered was... where is the big battle? *searches through the graphic novel* Right there. I'm like... *inaudible* white people verse brown people? You've read the book. This isn't about white versus brown. This is, again, how did we end up with white versus brown? Why aren't these people wearing armor? These guys are the ones that are outcasts and these are the high society. And so when I got this stuff, I was like, "Uhh..." These panels where they'd done earlier where they have the skin tones and the *inaudible*, I'm like, "Really good!" But then when that one came together I was like, "Oh great, oh great, here we go." And when you put the whole thing together, some things came out really cool. Like I think the Darksiders turned out cool. The Darksiders were awesome. The magic turned out really great. But again, I'm like, "Where's the armor? Where's the cultural markings? Where's that stuff?" But yeah, yeah. The thing is, the guy who's drawing them is Asian, right? So... alright, so that's my thing. But again, you've read the book. Like, where... But that's-- when you give the story to someone else you have to let them *inaudible*.

Corrected Text:

Ravi

I'm curious how you were feeling about whole process of the graphic novel. Specifically how you felt about the whole thing translating, because I have the draft. 

Brandon Sanderson

Uh-huh.

Ravi

You were kind enough to send me that. You know, you were very descriptive.

Brandon Sanderson

And it didn't translate well?

Ravi

Not so much-- although I did see glimpses of you popping through

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, so, I focus on the positives. But there might be some things I might not agree with.

Ravi

I think that's fair. Of course.

Brandon Sanderson

And I-- what we came up with was the a list of a few things... *inaudible* Like the only one that really bothered me was... where is the big battle? *searches through the graphic novel* The big splash page right there. I'm like... when did this turn into white people verse brown people? You've read the book. This isn't about white versus brown. This is, again, how did we end up with white versus brown? Why aren't these people wearing armor? These guys are the ones that are outcasts and these are the high society. And so when I got this stuff, I was like, "Uhh..." These panels where they'd done earlier where they have the skin tones and the clothes for the Darksiders, I'm like, "Really good!" But then when that one came together I was like, "Oh great, oh great, here we go." And when you put the whole thing together, some things came out really cool. Like I think the Darksiders turned out cool. The Darksiders were awesome. The magic turned out really great. But again, I'm like, "Where's the armor? Where's the cultural markings? Where's that stuff?" But yeah, yeah. The thing is, the guy who's drawing them is Asian, right? So, he should, you know? Alright, so that's my thing. But again, you've read the book. Like, where's that detail? But that's-- when you give the story to someone else you have to let them do what they will.

It seems that somehow an answer to another question replaced the real question here.

Link: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/39-sandersonchat-twitter-qa-with-audiblecom/#e453

Existing Text:

Maria Goulet‏

RAFO. (Sorry. I am toying with a book on Threnody, and don't want to lock myself into anything yet.)

Brandon Sanderson

Depends on the situation and the Radiant order.

Revised Text:

Maria Goulet‏

Radiant vs. Mistborn: who wins?

Brandon Sanderson

Depends on the situation and the Radiant order.

Edited by xxcyv

@BeskarKomrk, @Ravioli (I trust your word on that stuff!) and @xxcyv - fixed.

23 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

There's one in Boskone that is "Steeldancers Ex"... but I don't feel thats entirely needful to attribute. 

Please, give me a link. Either someone ninja'd me or my page search is failing me.