• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Mestiv

[OB] Oathbringer chapters 31 & 32

398 posts in this topic

Ladies and gentlemen! After many weeks, we're finally here! The last two preview chapters for Oathbringer will soon be released. Those chapters are the end of part 1 of the book (there are 5 parts). I hope you share my excitement and hype ;)

The chapters will be available here: https://www.tor.com/2017/11/07/oathbringer-by-brandon-sanderson-chapters-31-32/

While we wait for 9 A.M. EST, you can go read Oathbringer review by Chaos:

I'm going to miss these weekly chapter releases.  They are the highlight of my work week!   :(

Final chapters before release... Let's do this

Last ones. 

Kaladin and Shallan!!!!!

@What's a Seawolf? I am to, I am too.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

Wait, so we don't find out the author of the preface? Damnation!

Also, Jasnah appears! 

Edited by Kalinovsky

I still think it is Dalinar, but it appears we will not know until later at Brandon's book signing. I bet that question would earn me a RAFO.

Edited by eveorjoy

The Fused... 

Well, we have a name for Voidforms now. 

JASNAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AND HE PARTED THE WINDS AND TRUE VOIDBRINGERS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HYPE IS REAL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edit: IF I WEREN'T IN CLASS I WOULD BE DANCING AROUND LIKE A MADMAN JJASSNAAAHHHHHHHHHJHJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also, Voidlight confirmed! It is a thing! But where does it come from?

Edited by Steeldancer

I'm so going to enjoy reading all speculation.

*evil grin*

Author of epigraphs not confirmed, but looking a lot like Dalinar right now. He has certainly changed a lot.

Nothing but goosebumps while reading Kaladin's part. DAMNATION, I'm looking forward to the rest of the book. I'll just hole up in my bed and read it straight through :)

And YAAAAAY the band's back together. Well, not exactly back but more as in everyone in the same place and (presumed) alive for the first time.

Edited by She Who Cannot Be Named

Their strange glow was more subdued than his own, and somehow gave off the impression of an anti-glow. 

Voidlight confirmed?

How did Kaladin’s windbreaking work? It wasn’t one of his normal surge, so did he invest in windspren?

For that matter, can all spren be in infused to cause various effects?

So... Shallan's next arc appears to be stepping out from Jasnah's reappearing shadow. 

The fused and Jasnah’s return!! Can’t wait for parts 2-5 cos part 1 has been great :)

Me when he almost gets hit by a rock: 

Dude get yourself some Shardplate

1 minute ago, Amended said:

How did Kaladin’s windbreaking work? It wasn’t one of his normal surge, so did he invest in windspren?

It could lend itself to the cousinspren Shardplate theory.

1 minute ago, Amended said:

Could it be something like a Resonance? I always thought that that was his squires, but maybe he gets an extra thing.

Jealous Syl is the best Syl.

Though 'I'm the raw power of creation so listen to me dumb bridgeboy' Syl is a close second.

Voidlight: Confirmed. Gavilar's sphere doesn't hold an Unmade; it's the blackish-purple Investiture that the Fused were using. I don't see how anyone can still think it holds an Unmade.

Good Yellow Spren: Disproven. There's no way that good guy spren would be working with the Fused.

The Fused: Interesting that two of them have a Form of Power with Lashings. I wonder if they have a second Surge, or if they just have gravitation? I don't think every Form of Power is tied to a Surge or a Radiant Order; Stormform doesn't do anything that would match with a Surge. Oh, and the name "the Fused" must mean that they have bonded, or fused, with a Voidspren. Where the other Listeners don't have an actual bond, they're just following orders.

Gloryspren: Was it just a funny image of Syl bashing away the gloryspren? Or is there a Radiant spren like them?

Windspren: That is an ability I don't think we've seen any hints of. Although, maybe there were some hints of it in recent art (Jezrien has a bunch of windspren spinning around him, one of the dudes in the Oathgate map might be doing the same thing).

Unmade: Shallan's musings match the line from Rlain about them being people once. Could it be a Vessel of a Splinter? Or is it something more like Hemalurgy, where an existing spiritweb has been manipulated (not necessarily through the practice of Hemalurgy) to remove intelligence and create something inhuman?