[OB] Oathbringer chapters 31 & 32

Mestiv

Ladies and gentlemen! After many weeks, we're finally here! The last two preview chapters for Oathbringer will soon be released. Those chapters are the end of part 1 of the book (there are 5 parts). I hope you share my excitement and hype ;)

The chapters will be available here: https://www.tor.com/2017/11/07/oathbringer-by-brandon-sanderson-chapters-31-32/

While we wait for 9 A.M. EST, you can go read Oathbringer review by Chaos:

JASNAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AND HE PARTED THE WINDS AND TRUE VOIDBRINGERS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HYPE IS REAL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edit: IF I WEREN'T IN CLASS I WOULD BE DANCING AROUND LIKE A MADMAN JJASSNAAAHHHHHHHHHJHJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also, Voidlight confirmed! It is a thing! But where does it come from?

Edited by Steeldancer

Nothing but goosebumps while reading Kaladin's part. DAMNATION, I'm looking forward to the rest of the book. I'll just hole up in my bed and read it straight through :)

And YAAAAAY the band's back together. Well, not exactly back but more as in everyone in the same place and (presumed) alive for the first time.

Edited by She Who Cannot Be Named

1 minute ago, Amended said:

How did Kaladin’s windbreaking work? It wasn’t one of his normal surge, so did he invest in windspren?

For that matter, can all spren be in infused to cause various effects?

It could lend itself to the cousinspren Shardplate theory.

1 minute ago, Amended said:

How did Kaladin’s windbreaking work? It wasn’t one of his normal surge, so did he invest in windspren?

For that matter, can all spren be in infused to cause various effects?

Could it be something like a Resonance? I always thought that that was his squires, but maybe he gets an extra thing.

Voidlight: Confirmed. Gavilar's sphere doesn't hold an Unmade; it's the blackish-purple Investiture that the Fused were using. I don't see how anyone can still think it holds an Unmade.

Good Yellow Spren: Disproven. There's no way that good guy spren would be working with the Fused.

The Fused: Interesting that two of them have a Form of Power with Lashings. I wonder if they have a second Surge, or if they just have gravitation? I don't think every Form of Power is tied to a Surge or a Radiant Order; Stormform doesn't do anything that would match with a Surge. Oh, and the name "the Fused" must mean that they have bonded, or fused, with a Voidspren. Where the other Listeners don't have an actual bond, they're just following orders.

Gloryspren: Was it just a funny image of Syl bashing away the gloryspren? Or is there a Radiant spren like them?

Windspren: That is an ability I don't think we've seen any hints of. Although, maybe there were some hints of it in recent art (Jezrien has a bunch of windspren spinning around him, one of the dudes in the Oathgate map might be doing the same thing).

Unmade: Shallan's musings match the line from Rlain about them being people once. Could it be a Vessel of a Splinter? Or is it something more like Hemalurgy, where an existing spiritweb has been manipulated (not necessarily through the practice of Hemalurgy) to remove intelligence and create something inhuman?