what do I read after the Stormlight Archives?

qhizzle

I've just finished reading Words of Radiance and plan to read Oathbringer when it comes out. A friend recommended Stormlight only, and now that I have I feel like I've ruined the order in which to read all of Sanderson's other work for the cosmere - all the reading orders have books before and in-between TWOK and WOR. 

So, can anyone help me out in determining what books to read next, in order to gain a greater understanding of the cosmere and so I don't miss out on re-occurring characters?  

Yh there is no doubt that I'm going to read all of them, it's just I wasn't sure if the order in which you do so is vital for the connecting/overarching story. If there is no order for how to read it all, I might just buy the mistborn set I'm looking at right now.

Well, you really haven’t spoiled too much for yourself. The books are about 98% self-contained on their respective worlds, so don’t worry. The only one that does have even a slight impact so far on Stormlight is Warbreaker, which you should read sooner rather than later. 

Beyond that, the Mistborn series is absolutely great, so go ahead and do that. Like others have said, if you want to get more into the lore behind the books, the Emperor’s Soul is a good way to start into that. 

I hope this helps!

Edit: Wow. Double-ninja’d. 

Edited by Nashan'Elin

3 hours ago, Rider of Storms said:

If you haven't read Warbreaker yet, you might want to before Oathbringer, if you can squeeze it in in a week. You can find it for free on Brandon's site.

Edit: Ninja'd

Wait, what? Do you happen to have the link so I can grab that? I've already read it, but I would love a digital copy as well.

Here’s my advice:

Warbreaker (for reasons lusted above)

Mistborn original 3 (It gives basic Cosmere knowledge)

Mistboen era 2 (naturally follows first 3)

Elantris (last big one)

Arcanum Unbounded

then other non-Cosmere stuff, if you want. The order of that doesn’t matter.

• Chaos locked this topic