Is there something I'm not getting about using Theoryland?

Because the search function appears utterly broken. Even if I search for a term listed on the tag list- even if I search by clicking on the tag itself- it tells me there are zero results. This is a shame, because I'd really like to be able to be able to look stuff up occasionally. Does it require some sort of innate investiture? Do I have swear oaths- "Canon before fanon, WoBs before Peter"?

8 minutes ago, Necessary Eagle said:

I guess I picked a good time to ask.

It'll be irrelevant soon, there are some tricks to it though. You have to search all of the variations of what you're looking for.

For example, in order to get all the results on Surgebinding, you have to search 'Surgebinding', 'surgebinding', 'Surgebinder', 'surge-binder', 'Surge binder', and every other variation you can think of.

Its pretty bad.

Edit: And that doesn't even get you everything, only the ones where someone actually says the specific words. The key is picking a word that you know should be in the quote somewhere.

Edited by Cowmanthethird

@Necessary Eagle it used to be that theoryland worked on exact wording only. So memorizing certain keywords worked fine.

In the past month or two I've run into the issue you're having. I can search for a single word that I know is in multiple WoBs and get exactly zero results. I don't know what's going on with it, but I'm so glad that Arcanum is going to be up and running soon. Theoryland wasn't great to begin with, but it's much worse lately. 

• Chaos locked this topic