Hey everyone, I think Brandon works for Lucasfilm. Think about it. Swords that can cut through anything but other swords, (SA) Pushing and pulling things to you, (Mistborn)

Basically, Brandon has created the Cosmere to be a Star Wars lead up. Kaladin and Vin have a child, who possess both allomancy and surgebinding. He has a child with one of Jasnah's children, who then have a child with the descendants of the Feruchemical people. The child at this point has the power to push and pull things, cut anything he feels like, stronger than anyone else, and is probably able to feel things around him.

Now, we have reached probably after Mistborn Era 3, now, in an effort to save him from the now crazed serial killer Hoid, he is taken to Tatooine, and planted with one of Odium's agents, (Yah, Odium's totally a good guy now, he just focused his hate on Hoid and turned him crazy) now, we have Anakin Skywalker. You can tell he's a descendant of Kaladin because of his last name, which was the more modern name for the Windrunners.

And yes, this is totally canon, Lucas himself told me (PS, I know, Lucas doesn't run Lucasfilm anymore, that's how long this has been going on for!)

12 hours ago, Weltall said:

So where does Shardplate fall on the Star Wars scale? It sure can't be Stormtrooper armor; that stuff wouldn't stop a stiff wind while Plate actually does block a Shardblade.

Ah, @Weltall You see, thousands upon thousands of years ago, Shardplate was lost to the galaxy, and they have yet to find a suit of it. (Last Jedi Spoilers) that's the main plotline of episode 8, sorry for ruining the whole movie for you, :P

11 hours ago, podman36 said:

Also, how did Anakin get burned? Couldn't he have just stored heat into his bronzeminds? Wait, now that I think of it he could have just been compounding gold the whole time.

As for this @podman36, Anakin really sucks at Feruchemy. Also, mediclorians kind of mess with that sort of Investiture related magic.

Edited by MasterJack
Tagging you guys in case you aren't following

Three things: 

1) You don't need to tag me because I already receive a notification if you quote me.

2) Couldn't Anakin have flared pewter on his jump over Obi-Wan? Or duralumin pewtered? Or Steelpushed himself? Or lashed himself up? Or Elsecalled directly behind Obi-Wan?

3) Also, if mediclorians messed with Investiture related magic, what was the point of giving Anakin so many abilities? Also, where in the Cosmere did mediclorians come from? If they are from the Cosmere, why would they interfere with other forms of Investiture? If they aren't, what are they and how do they fit into your theory?

Edited by podman36
Adding point three.

1) Good point, whoops

2) Basically, the main form of Investiture is mediclorians, (no clue where they came from or how they were created so don't ask me) this means that surgebinding, allomancy, everything is powered by mediclorians, so you're mediclorian count goes down when you use them, and they have to recharge. Because Anakin had been doing so much before that final fight scene, his mediclorians were low so he was just simmering pewter to keep himself going. Also, he didn't want Obi-Wan to know he had powers beyond the basic allomancy that all jedis have. 

3) Like I said in 2), I have no clue where they came from or how they were created, but because of the nature of their replenishing and diminishing, it does not make sense to store things in them like you would metal minds, because all the information or whatever stored in them would dissapear as you used the mediclorians, and you'd have to restore it all after your mediclorians had replenished themselves.

4) Just FYI I'm really surprised that I managed to come up with a semi-convincing argument for this, I didn't expect this thread to last past the first two replies. 

Edited by MasterJack

23 hours ago, Weltall said:

So where does Shardplate fall on the Star Wars scale? It sure can't be Stormtrooper armor; that stuff wouldn't stop a stiff wind while Plate actually does block a Shardblade.

And I dunno if you're aware of this WoB or not but Brandon has admitted that Shardblades were inspired in part by lightsabers.

In the Star Wars extended universe there's a material called coronite( I think) that actually turns off a light saber when it connects and is nearly indestructible if attacked by blasters

• Chaos locked this topic