Ookla Season Cometh

Kaymyth

49 minutes ago, Ookla the Toasted said:

I read the intro, so I get why we have ookla in our names. But I still can't stop wondering two things:

1. What is an ookla?

2. Should it be a rank achieveable by rep?

1) "ookla the mok" was a character from a TV show called "thundarr the barbarian" from the 80's. 'ookla' was his name, 'mok' was his....race or something.

2) Maybe. It might be for all we know, since i dont believe all rep ranks are currently know.

Hopping on the bandwagon here. I noticed earlier that there was this one person named "ookla" who was really active on the forums, but it was just all of you guys doing your thing, and me mistaking you all for each other. Good job confusing ookla the witless. :)

16 hours ago, Ookla the Jovial said:

1) "ookla the mok" was a character from a TV show called "thundarr the barbarian" from the 80's. 'ookla' was his name, 'mok' was his....race or something.

I'm reasonably sure that there's also a band which Peter loves (which probably takes its name from the character), which is where the original handle came from.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Incoherent said:

I'm reasonably sure that there's also a band which Peter loves (which probably takes its name from the character), which is where the original handle came from.

There is that as well. That said, i personally am not sure which he took the name from, though on TWG he did use an avatar that was a picture of the thundarr character.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:59 AM, Ookla the Jovial said:

2) Maybe. It might be for all we know, since i dont believe all rep ranks are currently know.

Unless new ranks have been added recently, all ranks are known. Ookla isn't one of them, though it should be

28 minutes ago, Ookla that Watches said:

Unless new ranks have been added recently, all ranks are known. Ookla isn't one of them, though it should be

Chaos has dropped hints here and there that there may be one or more ranks past God Beyond.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Indefatigable said:

20 years later, when somebody amasses enough rep, we find out it's "I am a stick!".

I want it to be "Brandon Sanderson", I fear it's "Chaos" and I hope it's "Vivenna, an Invested Black Hole".

Though it won't be 20 years. The forums have gone crazy. The top rep earners are like 100 a day these days. was only 3 months ago 30 in a day was remarkable. Things done changed. 

Edited by Ookla the Indivergable

3 hours ago, Ookla the Indivergable said:

I want it to be "Brandon Sanderson", I fear it's "Chaos" and I hope it's "Vivenna, an Invested Black Hole".

Though it won't be 20 years. The forums have gone crazy. The top rep earners are like 100 a day these days. was only 3 months ago 30 in a day was remarkable. Things done changed. 

I imagine you'll see that even out considerably once the Oathbringer activity settles down.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Unicorn said:

I imagine you'll see that even out considerably once the Oathbringer activity settles down.

It will settle down a bit, but we'll have spikes of activity from other published books. Admittedly not as big as from OB, but still.