• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Steeldancer

[OB] Oathbringer chapters 28-30

540 posts in this topic

How much does it annoy you guys  that the chapters release on Tor about 3 minutes late compared to this?

Forget Halloween, it's Upvote Tuesday! :P

Destroy the Oathgate?!? Hurry Lift! Stop it! 

How would you even go about destroying an Oathgate?

And an Unmade confirmed! 

Darn I double posted. 

Edited by Steeldancer

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

And an Unmade confirmed! 

Darn I double posted. 

And on your own thread. Shame.

Stormfather's stated mission really makes me wonder why he chose Gavilar first. 

Whoa that battle was COOL. 

Ok so she battled the unmade. Does this mean most of the radiants have an analogue to an unmade? 

Also sort of confirmed that pattern is cousin to creationspren. 

Edited by Steeldancer

I love that this hog story brings forth Taravangians worldview without Dalinar suspecting a thing about  the Diagram. Furthermore, Dalinar, King T and Amaram together offer extremely enterataining moral discussion. I could read a spinoff with just the three of them talking.

Also why does the library have to be ruined:unsure: that means we don't get to have Shallan reading again. THAT'S LITERALLY ALL I WANTED 

Wait a moment it's winter time in Europe and not yet in America! They're an hour early!

(also darn it, now I gotta read it before posting my theory about Dalinar's returning memories to make sure that the question isn't answered already)

Ha. Queen Fen is finally going to get some sleep.

Won't quite be what she hoped for. 

So,” one of the men said, a handsome, muscled fellow with arms that seemed too long for his body, “I assume we’re heading down into this awful crypt of terror?”

“Yes,” Shallan said. She thought his name was Drehy.

who's ready for the Shalladrehy shippers!?

Ok so Lys is not Liss. Anyway, epigraphs= useless, visions can be shared, Oathbringer has sympathy for Dalinar. That's absolutely fascinating. I wonder if Adolins would be similar if he became a Radiant. 

Well, we seem to have confirmation that not only can an unmade bond a radiant by seperate groups their bond, but that the killer is an unmade, and we found the stormlight cache!

Beyond that, multiple people can see a vision at once, Unmade appear to be related to Spren in the same way that Radient Spren are, and the creature doesn't appear to copy accidental harm, only harm intentionally committed! A single Radient appears to be able to capture a Unmade as well! Is each unmade similar to a different order or Radient as this one is?

Holy crap we just found the power core of Urithiru! 

1 minute ago, PunSpren said:

Holy crap we just found the power core of Urithiru! 

Can it power the Strata?

So, looks like we all get to be right. There was an Unmade in Urithiru, but the copycat killer was technically a Midnight Essence, not a spren. (I had thought it was a Midnight Essence analogue, but apparently what we had seen in the WoK flashback was an Axehound Essence.)

Man, I really want to get that mural, with the ten kinds of spren and depictions of Honor and Cultivation. But I fear that, for an illustration, we'll get Lyn's map, instead. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but I would much rather have the mural!

Re-Shephir illustrates that not all nine of the Unmade are indeed intelligent; this one is getting there, but it's still mostly a force. It does feel, it does think somewhat, but it's a very primal drive that has only reached its current level after thousands of years. It is very much an animal of a spren.

Why did it try to bond Shallan? Tear Pattern out, insert itself instead? What would that have created? A Voidbinder? Or is that analogous to how Hemalurgic creations can be controlled, and Re-Shephir was trying to use the cracks in Shallan's soul, which had been augmented by Pattern's bond, to take control over her?

Some chronology questions. The Radiants used Urithiru after the Last Desolation. When did Re-Shephir move in? Was it a recent? Or has she been there ever since the Radiants left? She was captured - who released her, and how? I hope they'll continue their pursuit of her... there are a lot of questions, now that we've actually seen an Unmade on-screen.

What do we think Gemstone Central is for? Is it a central hub for Urithiru's power? Once they get it Infused, will all the other fabrials in Urithiru start working again?

Looking forward to next week. I guess we'll get a Dalinar chapter where he speaks with Fen in a dream, and a Kaladin chapter where they finally reach the Voidbringer gathering, and we'll learn something very shocking about the nature of the Listeners...

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

Can it power the Strata?

Glowing strata reaching throughout the tower, Lighting it up perhaps?