• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Chaos

The WoB Archive, Arcanum, is Here November 8th

88 posts in this topic

Get hyped guys! The new system is awesome.

I also second Argent there. The babies always screech when you least expect them. 

Also props to @Mestiv for being a boss and doing the lion's share of the hard-work of setting up the back end. The site's pretty slick.

7 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

I also second Argent there. The babies always screech when you least expect them. 

Babies, apparently, also screech when you most expect them. And when your expectation levels are somewhere between "least" and "most". They just screech a lot, man. In my ears. I've grown to sympathize with a certain character in the Cosmere who hears screaming all the time... poor soul, I feel your pain now.

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! 

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.? 

So since this will be digital only, would you say that it's Arcanum...Unbounded?

6 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! 

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.? 

Yeah, that's the plan. Though honestly just having one place to host audio files (and there's a nifty interface for parsing them, too) goes a long way.

Also it's just "Arcanum", not "the Arcanum". Currently half a dozen members are on the Discord channel holding back Chaos from reflexively banning you for ruining his naming scheme. ;)

3 minutes ago, Govir said:

So since this will be digital only, would you say that it's Arcanum...Unbounded?

:mellow:

Get out. :mellow:

Edited by Kurkistan

It's just... Arcanum? 

Ok. Cool. Can't wait, and great job you guys!

I can't believe I didn't guess this. 

1 minute ago, Kurkistan said:

4 minutes ago, Govir said:

:mellow:

Get out. :mellow:

Get back in. Puns are life.

8 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

That's the plan. That is what it was intended to do :P

2 minutes ago, Kurkistan said:

Currently half a dozen members are on the Discord channel holding back Chaos from reflexively banning you for ruining his naming scheme. ;)

I wonder what he'd do if I used the d-word :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

It's just... Arcanum?

I can't believe I didn't guess this. 

Yeah, it's not like half of us set their member titles to "Arcanist" month ago or anything :ph34r:

Edited by Overstorm

2 minutes ago, Overstorm said:

Yeah, it's not like half of us set their member titles to "Arcanist" month ago or anything :ph34r:

Hacks, all of you. I've been an Arcanist since Arcanum Unbounded came out.

Anyway, in shocking turn of events, it turns out the name is not, in fact,
THE WOBINATOR 4000

I know, that came completely out of the left field.

Edited by Overstorm

45 minutes ago, Overstorm said:

THE WOBINATOR 4000

Ahem, it's "WOBINATOR 4000" not "THE WOBINATOR 4000".

1 hour ago, CaptainRyan said:

Ahem, it's "WOBINATOR 4000" not "THE WOBINATOR 4000".

Okay, I did laugh at that.

RIP my clever name. RIP WoBoratory, and RIP the WoBrary. :(

Will thee be a new Arcanum discord I can join?

This is super exciting. I can not thank everyone enough for all that was done to make this a reality! I am almost as excited for this as I am for Oathbringer.

7 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Will thee be a new Arcanum discord I can join?

I don't think we'll need an entire Discord server for it. There will probably be a channel though. @Chaos?

25 minutes ago, Argent said:

I don't think we'll need an entire Discord server for it. There will probably be a channel though. @Chaos?

Since there's already been a channel for it for months, that's a safe assumption ;D. The current plan is for it just to have the one channel hosted in the 17th Shard discord. If it gets to the point where it needs multiple channels for some reason we will look at our options then.

Super awesome guys! Now I won't have to rely on smart people to look up WoBs for me! I mean I'll be able to look up WoBs for people much faster now, yeah...

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

So happy this name is known. No more WoBinator 4000. 

1 hour ago, Argent said:

RIP my clever name. RIP WoBoratory, and RIP the WoBrary. :(

Actually, I think I might create a WoBinator next year, if I'll want a break from Arcanum. Anyone can guess what that'd be? ;)