Chaos

The WoB Archive, Arcanum, is Here November 8th

88 posts in this topic

Get hyped guys! The new system is awesome.

I also second Argent there. The babies always screech when you least expect them. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also props to @Mestiv for being a boss and doing the lion's share of the hard-work of setting up the back end. The site's pretty slick.

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

I also second Argent there. The babies always screech when you least expect them. 

Babies, apparently, also screech when you most expect them. And when your expectation levels are somewhere between "least" and "most". They just screech a lot, man. In my ears. I've grown to sympathize with a certain character in the Cosmere who hears screaming all the time... poor soul, I feel your pain now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! 

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since this will be digital only, would you say that it's Arcanum...Unbounded?

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Brilliant! Simply brilliant! 

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.? 

Yeah, that's the plan. Though honestly just having one place to host audio files (and there's a nifty interface for parsing them, too) goes a long way.

Also it's just "Arcanum", not "the Arcanum". Currently half a dozen members are on the Discord channel holding back Chaos from reflexively banning you for ruining his naming scheme. ;)

3 minutes ago, Govir said:

So since this will be digital only, would you say that it's Arcanum...Unbounded?

...

:mellow:

...

Get out. :mellow:

Edited by Kurkistan
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just... Arcanum? 

Ok. Cool. Can't wait, and great job you guys!

I can't believe I didn't guess this. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kurkistan said:

 

4 minutes ago, Govir said:

So since this will be digital only, would you say that it's Arcanum...Unbounded?

...

:mellow:

...

Get out. :mellow:

Get back in. Puns are life.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Once the Arcanum goes live, will us lay folk be able to help with transcribing, updating, etc.?

That's the plan. That is what it was intended to do :P

2 minutes ago, Kurkistan said:

Currently half a dozen members are on the Discord channel holding back Chaos from reflexively banning you for ruining his naming scheme. ;)

I wonder what he'd do if I used the d-word :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

It's just... Arcanum?

I can't believe I didn't guess this. 

Yeah, it's not like half of us set their member titles to "Arcanist" month ago or anything :ph34r:

Edited by Overstorm
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Overstorm said:

Yeah, it's not like half of us set their member titles to "Arcanist" month ago or anything :ph34r:

Hacks, all of you. I've been an Arcanist since Arcanum Unbounded came out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, in shocking turn of events, it turns out the name is not, in fact,
THE WOBINATOR 4000

I know, that came completely out of the left field.

Edited by Overstorm
8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Overstorm said:

THE WOBINATOR 4000

Ahem, it's "WOBINATOR 4000" not "THE WOBINATOR 4000".

13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainRyan said:

Ahem, it's "WOBINATOR 4000" not "THE WOBINATOR 4000".

Okay, I did laugh at that.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy this name is known. No more WoBinator 4000. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP my clever name. RIP WoBoratory, and RIP the WoBrary. :(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is super exciting. I can not thank everyone enough for all that was done to make this a reality! I am almost as excited for this as I am for Oathbringer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Will thee be a new Arcanum discord I can join?

I don't think we'll need an entire Discord server for it. There will probably be a channel though. @Chaos?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Argent said:

I don't think we'll need an entire Discord server for it. There will probably be a channel though. @Chaos?

Since there's already been a channel for it for months, that's a safe assumption ;D. The current plan is for it just to have the one channel hosted in the 17th Shard discord. If it gets to the point where it needs multiple channels for some reason we will look at our options then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super awesome guys! Now I won't have to rely on smart people to look up WoBs for me! I mean I'll be able to look up WoBs for people much faster now, yeah...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Calderis said:

So happy this name is known. No more WoBinator 4000. 

 

1 hour ago, Argent said:

RIP my clever name. RIP WoBoratory, and RIP the WoBrary. :(

Actually, I think I might create a WoBinator next year, if I'll want a break from Arcanum. Anyone can guess what that'd be? ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.