Mystery Project in Sanderson's Status Bar

Exalted

Brandon has been trying on and off to write the Dark One, so maybe it finally clicked? Otherwise I’m hoping for a Cosmere short story or novella, Nightblood, or Elantris 2. I highly doubt it’s SH2.

It could be Bastille vs. the Evil Librarians, but he’s talked openly about that one... ditto for Rithmatist 2 which is supposed to be on the schedule.

I think the trilogy bar removal was an accident; it’ll probably be back up once OB is out.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Brandon has been trying on and off to write the Dark One, so maybe it finally clicked? Otherwise I’m hoping for a Cosmere short story or novella, Nightblood, or Elantris 2. I highly doubt it’s SH2.

It could be Bastille vs. the Evil Librarians, but he’s talked openly about that one... ditto for Rithmatist 2 which is supposed to be on the schedule.

I think the trilogy bar removal was an accident; it’ll probably be back up once OB is out.

I wonder what story Brandon has been working on the longest. It has to be either the Dark One or Death by Pizza doesn't it?

Silverlight or related pls <3. It would be super cool to read and then analyse to pieces for a long time hehe. Although I guess if not Cosmere it'll give me motivation to get into the other series of his after I finish Oathbringer. 

4 hours ago, Draginon said:

@StormingTexan It almost seems weird he would draw attention to a project that *might* not go anywhere. I mean he didn't draw attention to the hot dog story until one of his newsletters posted it. This has to be something he feels confident enough to publish for it to be on the status bar.

Or in a momentary lapse of sanity he completely forgot just how rabidly speculative his fandom is. :P

The timing suggests to me it's the story for White Sand 2 that he'd give to dynamite if they're going to keep the series going after volume 3. They would need it sometime next year, so if he's going to do it, he'll have to knock it out before stormlight 4. 

6 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Or in a momentary lapse of sanity he completely forgot just how rabidly speculative his fandom is. :P

Lapse of sanity?! Does that mean Brandon will be admitted to Arkham Asylum and he'll be Batman's newest enemy known as The Writer? :P

Seriously though, does Brandon himself update the bar or does someone else do it for him?

[On the Dark One] I’ve made good progress on the setting, which is going to be awesome. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the teen series I do once the Reckoners and the Rithmatist are both done. [State of the Sanderson, 2014]

This with the quote about Wax and Wayne being his next non-YA makes me think it isn't Dark One (though I realize Dark One is YA). I like the idea of him starting something spontaneously because he was suddenly in the mood, though. I hope it's Cosmere, so we have something to tide us over for a while after Oathbringer.

Edited by Shadowmancer

He said it was a project, not a book, so he could just be building a park bench. With plot twists of course.

Or, it's book with the plot written by Sanderson, actually fleshed out into works by Rothfuss, with occasional humor injections from Pratchet. Happiness in rectangular form.