Purelake vision speculation

stonedshaman

So I as many if you, am furiously rereading SA before the oathbringer release next month.  I'm these reread I've come across something that i don't recall ever seeing mentioned or discussed here if it has been much apologies.  So here goes: in words of radiance chapter 4: Taker of secrets Dalinar is in a highstorm vision he believes to be in the Purelake; 

"I'm in the Purelake, I think," he said, under his breath.  "Warm water that only comes up to my knees, no signs of land anywhere.  It's full though, so I can't see much.

Shortly after this quote Dalinar comes across a fortress seemingly made of obsidian.  Now skip forward to chapter 7: open flame where in Shallan enters shadesmar to soulcast the boat.  In this scene we see the reversal of land and water that is a signature of shadesmar/cognitive realm.  The land in shadesmar is like obsidian:

She stood in a place with a black sky and a tiny, distant sun.  The ground beneath her reflected light.  Obsidian?

So my thoughts are this:  could the Purelake vision be taking place within shadesmar?  Any thoughts either firbor against this would be greatly appreciated.

Until next time, keep fit and have fun!

I think it's possible that the obsideon tower he sees is somehow from Shadesmar though. I think it's definitely the Pure Lake. According to Navani he was speaking an ancient Selay dialect which would place him in Sela Tales. 

Edited by thejopen27

• Chaos locked this topic