Trellium origins

Seeker861

Many of us believe that Trell is actually Autonomy, I buy into this theory as well. I don't think Autonomy is on Scadrial or even in the star system because that seems like a dangerous thing to do with Harmony around. Now how has a new Godmetal formed without a Shard being invested on Scadrial? I have an idea based on this WoB from @swieczq 

Q:Would someone with enough knowledge be able to use Autonomy's investiture if Taldain's star was seen from his/her shardworld?

(some after-question clarification)

A:I would say yes, if the light particles are reaching you.

I believe that the red-eyed Faceless Immortals are agents of Autonomy who are using the light from Taldain's star to create Trellium. 

The light ahead suddenly rolled outward, and Wax found that they’d been rounding a planet. They stood high above it, and had stepped from darkness into sunlight, which let Wax see the world below, bathed in a calm, cool light. Beyond that hung a haze of red. All around, pressing in upon the world. He could feel it choking him, a miasma of dread and destruction. “Perhaps,” Harmony said softly, “I have already done just as you suggest. You do not see it, because the worst never reaches you.” “What is it?” Wax asked, trying to take in that vast redness. It beat inward, but he could see something, a thin strip of light—like a bubble around the world—stopping it. “A representation,” Harmony said. “A crude one, perhaps.”

I like the theory, and this may be a viable method for remotely seeding a world with Autonomy's investiture, but whoever Trell is, and I agree it is almost certainly Autonomy, she appears to be making more of an in person appearance than you suggest.

Well, that would make another great question - is Sazed "filtering" Taldain's star light from investiture? Or just blocking its light?

I like Your theory, but I think it would take ages for the investiture from Taldain that reaches Scadrial to form a god-metal - it's probably a very, very small amount per second. On the other hand it seems quite possible that Autonomy's agents use some kind of clever hack to transport investiture to Scadrial, and form a god metal there.

Or, as God metals aren't the sole property of Scadrial, it was formed elsewhere and brought there 

Feruchemy and Allomancy would be unusable for now with Trelllium, as Trell would need to have invested to create the right type of spiritual connection for those things to occur. 

Hemalurgy on the other hand, just requires the knowledge of bind points and intent. 

Isn't the problem that Red is sort of Odiums calling card? Granted we don't know enough about Autonomy individually yet (other than she has in fact worked with Odium before) wouldn't it make more sense that Odium is using some of his own power to try and disrupt Harmony before he can become a true threat?

Possibly it is Autonomy channeling Odium's power, but there seems to be a greater plan at work rather than just Autonomy acting on her own.

3 minutes ago, EC11 said:

Isn't the problem that Red is sort of Odiums calling card? Granted we don't know enough about Autonomy individually yet (other than she has in fact worked with Odium before) wouldn't it make more sense that Odium is using some of his own power to try and disrupt Harmony before he can become a true threat?

Possibly it is Autonomy channeling Odium's power, but there seems to be a greater plan at work rather than just Autonomy acting on her own.

Red is not Odium specific. 

Lirins hand

Are all the red-eyed characters influenced by the same Shard?

Brandon Sanderson

No. Good question! I was waiting for someone to ask that. You will come to learn what red means in the Cosmere. There is a meaning for red in the Cosmere.

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Red is not Odium specific. 

damnation, hadn't seen this. There goes my specific Odium theory.

I do however, stand by the idea Autonomy is working with Odium on this one.

• Chaos locked this topic