What if You Were the Only Person on Earth for 24 Hours?

Draginon

14 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I don't think I would loot too much though. Besides a grocery store. I might accidentally leave some nasty things for some of the people I really hate, for when they get back... 

LOL I think you have some rage issues, sweetie. :D My mama says she wants to be cremated when she dies. She wants us to spread her ashes in the yards of people she hates so they can't get rid of her. You reminded me of her just a bit with this post... :P

I am pragmatic enough to join in the stealing. *shrug* I've always wondered why the comic book super heroes need day jobs because I surely wouldn't. But otherwise, I can't think of a lot that I'd need the privacy of being the only person on the planet to do. 

12 hours ago, Anarkitty said:

LOL I think you have some rage issues, sweetie. :D My mama says she wants to be cremated when she dies. She wants us to spread her ashes in the yards of people she hates so they can't get rid of her. You reminded me of her just a bit with this post... :P

I am pragmatic enough to join in the stealing. *shrug* I've always wondered why the comic book super heroes need day jobs because I surely wouldn't. But otherwise, I can't think of a lot that I'd need the privacy of being the only person on the planet to do. 

I don't hate a lot of people. But a few people I just despise. 

As for a superhero day jobs, they still need to support themselves. It's not like superman can just go get groceries for free. 

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I don't hate a lot of people. But a few people I just despise. 

As for a superhero day jobs, they still need to support themselves. It's not like superman can just go get groceries for free. 

Anything is free if you take it without paying

2 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I don't see superman stealing groceries 

Not stealing, just asking for them and convincing the grocery store to give them to him on a consistent basis. But his fortress of loneliness might have done weird alien tech that makes food for him

1 minute ago, Shqueeves said:

Not stealing, just asking for them and convincing the grocery store to give them to him on a consistent basis. But his fortress of loneliness might have done weird alien tech that makes food for him

He has a family now... and I just don't see it. Sorry. Superman doesn't steal. He's all about the American way, after all. 

4 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

He has a family now... and I just don't see it. Sorry. Superman doesn't steal. He's all about the American way, after all. 

It doesn't stop his building of isolation from having tech to make food for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for the necro but this seemed fun. I would probably also get a copy of Sanderson's work. Then I would loot and get money. The I would do stupid stuff, either set traps for people, or open doors, including prisons. Put locks on the guard doors. Lock lots of doors now that I'm thinking.

First thing is to probably lay my hands on the most powerful gaming computer I can find.  

Your all going the wrong way though with the Sanderson stuff.  I would find his computer, and install a hack that not only let's me read all his current secrets, but lets me see everything he writes in the future.  Don't worry, I won't spoil anything for anyone else though.  And I would still buy a copy of his books when they come out, because his amazing work deserves recompense. 

Hmm, other than those two things, I am totally on board with planting things in people's houses whom I despise.  There are a few people at my place of work who really abuse their authority and should not have their jobs.  

Yes, I know, I am a terrible person, but I can live with that.  :P

Edited by Wolven

• 1 month later...

1. Raid gamestop and bestbuy for the best gaming setup i could optain. (TV's, Monitors, Surround Sound setup, ect)

2. steal a lot of candy...like a lot....

3. stock a warehouse full of doors i stole off peoples houses

4. There are currently a lot of streets i want to drift on..so id spend a lot of the day drifting. 

If it was impossible for me to get injured, I'd do a lot of crazy stuff like skydive without a parachute.

I....think I'd be really bad at looting.  Even if it wasn't hurting anyone, I'd have serious guilt gnawing at me every time I used whatever I had taken.  Probably end up trying to return it somehow. Stupid guilt.

I'd travel. Free airfare, no tourist lines? Oh yeah.  Explore off limit places, see what secrets they held.

Probably run around my street naked, just cause I could?

If I don’t know everyone is coming back the next day...I’d probably just try to figure out a “schedule for the end of society.”

Trying to find the nearest grain silos, etc. stuff that doesn’t need maintenance that stores necessities, that sort of thing.

But that’d probably happen after the first month. Looting and videogaming it is.

Assuming everybody will be back again and I don't have to prepare for surviving in my own:

I'll take a plane to the beach with a good book in my pocket and spend the day reading. No tourists around,  nobody wants to sell me anything and no work.

• 1 month later...

Probably walk into the government’s most secure compounds and download all classified information onto a flash drive. Then probably get a car, boat, jet, helicopter, loot as much gold and priceless artifacts as I could, steal enough money to buy a mansion, a penthouse, and Apple. Then fill said mansion and penthouse with all my gold and priceless artifacts, steal a supercomputer, and discover whether or not aliens really crashed in Area 51, if the earth is flat, the krabby patty secret recipe, and other secrets the government doesn’t want us to know.