Cosmeric Uses for allomancy and feruchemy

This will be my first thread here on the shard but I’ve been lurking for a few months now and I think I know how I works. My question: What uses do allomancy and feruchemy have in terms of the whole cosmere? Connection can obviously help with language barriers. Allomantic bronze can seek investiture(probably) but can Allomantic brass control parshendi? How about lifeless? Can fNicrocil store abilities or just investiture? I’d like to hear the wildest abilities you can think of.

Edited by i’m in the details

Hooray for a first post! Welcome to the public face of the 17th Shard!

I am very interested to see if Ettmetal (Harmonium) can mimic non-Metallic Arts powers. How cool would it be to have Ettmetal that can resonate with the Surge of Gravitation? A Nicrosil Misting who boosts an Awakener... would there be an effect? Or what if the Nicrosil Misting touches an Aon that is drawing directly from the Dor? What kind of reaction would we see? I bet it would either be nothing or something absolutely wild! Once we start seeing more "crossover" works I think we will get a look at some really cool magic mixtures.

As a small correction, I think you meant to say Allomantic bronze can seek investiture, not copper.

25 minutes ago, i’m in the details said:

Thank you! Bronze instead of copper. What can copper hide from do you think, or prevent? Surges? 

Copper can hide from an Awakener's lifesense and I think it can prevent a listener from hearing the Rhythms.

Well, Connection seems to be a part of the Spirit-web. I feel like copper has to do with blocking outside influence/communication. So, you can't use Bronze, or the emotional metals, you can't use lifesense or Rhythms, but those are all instances when it goes from one person to another, or vice versa. Copper seems to disrupt that. On the other hand, Feruchemy has to do with altering yourself, so I doubt it would.

Also, welcome to the 17th shard. Have an upvote and a cookie!

Biscuits are always good. Whoah. Spiked biscuits. Could you make an army of Steel Biscuits? Ironcrumbs? 

And I think the emotional allomantic powers can only affect things that have been spiked (like those biscuits). So not Parshendi. Or perhaps it has not to do with spikes, but with what the spikes do, in which case perhaps having a spren could act as such (I should probably be able to think this one out, but my brain isn't working (it rarely is)). Correct me if I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, Krypton Savant said:

Biscuits are always good. Whoah. Spiked biscuits. Could you make an army of Steel Biscuits? Ironcrumbs? 

And I think the emotional allomantic powers can only affect things that have been spiked (like those biscuits). So not Parshendi. Or perhaps it has not to do with spikes, but with what the spikes do, in which case perhaps having a spren could act as such (I should probably be able to think this one out, but my brain isn't working (it rarely is)). Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you refer to the hole spikes cause then listeners don't have that on their own. That's why Odium needs voidspren to control them, the spren has the hole.

36 minutes ago, Krypton Savant said:

The... spren has the hole? What do you mean? Or do mean the spren are of Odium, and... can I talk about Oathbringer yet? Cause there's some stuff in there that might help figure out what you're saying.

A. This isn't in the Oathbringer Spoilers board.

B. He means "hole" as in a means by which a shard can control an individual. Spikes allowed Ruin to control the Koloss, Kandra and Inquisitors. He is suggesting that Odiumspren leave the Parshendi with a similar hole.

@Krypton Savant it's based on this WoB

zas678 (paraphrased)

Can Odium influence people the same way that Ruin can?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Well, you see, the kandra and the koloss have a "hole" in them that allows Ruin to come in and take over. The Parshendi naturally are protected from this, but when they expose themselves to the storms, and the spren come in, many of these spren have that kind of "hole" in them, and that's what allows Odium to take control of them.

zas678 (paraphrased)

No, I'm talking about how Ruin was able to push people, place things in their minds, stuff like that. Can Odium do the same thing?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Well, Odium wasn't around when those people were created, so it's a little different for him than Ruin. So if he influences people in that way, it's through the Unmade.

hmmmmm... so Odium can control the spren, and if the Parshendi expose themselves to the wrong spren, Odium can control them. But are the Parshendi in their non-voidbringer state harmless? Weren't they still made by Odium? So why... they rebelled? They fear their gods, and wish not to return, so they were made by Odium but didn't like him?

15 minutes ago, Krypton Savant said:

hmmmmm... so Odium can control the spren, and if the Parshendi expose themselves to the wrong spren, Odium can control them. But are the Parshendi in their non-voidbringer state harmless? Weren't they still made by Odium? So why... they rebelled? They fear their gods, and wish not to return, so they were made by Odium but didn't like him?

The Parshendi existed pre-shattering. Odium did not create them. Their "Gods" are believed to be the Unmade, which would have come about after Odium arrived, and used them and the voidspren to take control. 

• Chaos locked this topic