Lifeless and Shades

Generalbacon74

What would happen to a lifeless if it was attacked by a shade from Thredony? Since a lifeless is dead if the shades touched it would it burn/wither away. I had assumed that when a shade touched you your soul was being burned or something like that. though i don't think its like a shard blade where it severs the soul and it becomes limp (though also grey). since a lifeless is dead and is animated by breath would the shade still wither it. and if you told the lifeless to kill some one or anger them would hey even target lifeless or the person giving the orders?

What a Shade's touch does is to rewrite in a virus-like manner the victim's soul to craft another Shade.

The reason for the body to wither for me is unknown, maybe it is just a melt down because the Soul is changing and the body try to be allineate or maybe the body's Investiture is turned into fuel for the Soul (after all the resulting Shade is more Invested than an Human's soul and the Investiture has to come from somewhere).

Regarding a Lifeless and a Shade...It's hard to say, I believe the Lifeless' Breath could be turned into a Shade (in quantity the Breath is ok, but in quality...it's farer from a proper Soul). But depending on the exact mechanic it's possible the body will remain unchanged.

Hmmm... going off this, could you reverse a Shade with a Soulstamp? Re-write the rewriting? But why can a Shade overwrite a soul so easily if Soulstamps can be easily rejected by a body? Perhaps there is a way to learn how to make stronger Soulstamps that couldn't be resisted, or perhaps a way to counter Shades. This is interesting...

5 hours ago, Krypton Savant said:

Hmmm... going off this, could you reverse a Shade with a Soulstamp? Re-write the rewriting? But why can a Shade overwrite a soul so easily if Soulstamps can be easily rejected by a body? Perhaps there is a way to learn how to make stronger Soulstamps that couldn't be resisted, or perhaps a way to counter Shades. This is interesting...

Honestly I don't know.

Probably it has do to in how the rewrite is made. I believe the difference is mainly in the fact that Forgery puts a layer that cover the actual Soul and therefore the two have to cohesist, while the Shade affect the actual Soul.

• Chaos locked this topic