Was Hoid opposed to Shattering Adonalsium?

Toaster Retribution

Question

3 answers to this question

As far as I know there isn't any WoB about Hoid's feeling toward the Shattering.

Many people think he is try to rebuild Adonalsium and of course this could give us some degree of clarity over Hoid's position regard the Shattering...But until this theory will be confirmed or debunked, we have nothing

We know from Secret History that Hoid 'rejected' the Vessels at some point, per Leras thinking that when he did this it was hoped he wouldn't interfere with them. What isn't clear is whether this happened before or after the Shattering. This may be linked to Hoid being offered a Shard and turning it down but again, we don't know the timing of that event either. Given that the Shattering is only the most important event in Cosmere history, we're probably not going to get a definite answer on this matter for a looooong time. :D

Edited by Weltall

It seems to be mostly theories at this point. Personally i feel he would have mixed emotions about it. A lot of the hints we have indicate that shattering adonalsium was deemed as necessary for some kind of greater good. (Possibly to oppose some other force or who knows what)

I imagine that hoid would be saddened and opposed to the spirit of what was happening, though possibly understood the need for it. 

But again, this is allllll supposition! @Weltall is right, we probably wont know for quite a few years here.