Okay, I'm bored. Maybe I'll actually keep this up?

firstRainbowRose

Cool! I understand you were a fan from Brandon's earliest days, how did you discover him and get into him? And what was it like learning about the Cosmere book by book (rather than, as I did, having a dozen books, thousands of WoBs, the coppermind and the forums to learn from :)).

What is your opinion of pineapple on pizza? When putting on socks, which one do you put on first? When wearing a watch, which wrist do you put it on? On a scale of one to ten, what is your favorite color of the alphabet? Ducks? Who's on first? What's your favorite flavor of Pringles? 

9 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Do we want to know?

I dunno. That's kind of up to you guys.

8 hours ago, Extesian said:

Cool! I understand you were a fan from Brandon's earliest days, how did you discover him and get into him? And what was it like learning about the Cosmere book by book (rather than, as I did, having a dozen books, thousands of WoBs, the coppermind and the forums to learn from :)).

I actually got into him via a recommendation from a bookstore employee. He knew I want to be an author myself and was like "You should check him out, he's rather knowledgeable, and doing a signing soon."

As for learning the Cosmere... It's odd. Peter was actually the first to realize it was a thing, and Eric has always been way more into it than me. I just like reading the books.

4 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Do you like pizza with fish sticks?

I have never had this, but I suspect probably not. Individually, they're not bad.

50 minutes ago, Straw said:

Do you plan to play more SE games?

Plan, no. Maybe eventually? Maybe. The problem is that I can't access the site at all for eight hours when I'm at work, and games move fast enough I'd always be behind.

44 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

What is your opinion of pineapple on pizza? When putting on socks, which one do you put on first? When wearing a watch, which wrist do you put it on? On a scale of one to ten, what is your favorite color of the alphabet? Ducks? Who's on first? What's your favorite flavor of Pringles? 

I have always loved pineapple on pizza. I don't wear socks, at all. I wear my fitbit on my left wrist. Penguin. Ducks are adorable. What's on second. I tend to enjoy original or sour cream and onion.

What is your position on the ethical controversy of utilizing luminescent vegetation in the place of streetlights?

If you had to broker peace between two warring nations of mole-people, how would you satisfy both the Deep-downer's wish for more caving rights and the Upperer-Cruster's desire for lucrative mineral access?

On 10/15/2017 at 2:38 PM, Ammanas said:

Any funny stories from being a moderator of the 17th shard? Craziest reason for banning someone? 

I don't really have fun stories about being a mod. It's kind of a boring job. Craziest is probably the guy who was banned after five minutes, or the reason we have zucchini as a negative level. (Short version is he was a terrible user, when called on it he doubled down.)

On 10/15/2017 at 2:47 PM, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

What is your position on the ethical controversy of utilizing luminescent vegetation in the place of streetlights?

If you had to broker peace between two warring nations of mole-people, how would you satisfy both the Deep-downer's wish for more caving rights and the Upperer-Cruster's desire for lucrative mineral access?

I find the cauliflower is nice, but the beets look wrong when tired.

I would suggest the deep people open caves by selling the minerals to the upper people, and go from there.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:29 PM, Shqueeves said:

Have you heard the pink ping pong ball story? If not, would you like to?

I worry about this story. Is it safe for the site?

Just thought of another question. What is the difference between your contribution and Chaos' contribution for the 17th shard? I always thought Chaos ran things, but I noticed that it says Head Administrator next to your name too.

Edited by Ammanas

@firstRainbowRose

Spoilered for length

Spoiler
A wealthy man had a little boy. For some reason, his first words were "ping pong ball." When the boys was old enough to speak and understand birthdays and gifts and such (about 3 years old), the man asked the boy, "So son, what would you like for your birthday this year?" The boy said, "Daddy, I would like a pink ping pong ball." Father said, "That's it? No trucks, no trains, no puzzles?" The boy said, "No, just a pink ping pong ball."

So the father gets him the pink ping pong ball and wraps it up. The boy is absolutely delighted. He takes the pink ping pong ball to  his room, and the pink ping pong ball  is never seen again.

A day before his 15th birthday, asked by his father, "Well, my son, what would you like for your birthday?"

The son hesitated a moment and his father's thoughts leaped ahead to a new computer and similar things. However, his son had had a new computer only recently and could have a new one any time he wished.

Finally, the son said, "Father, I have everything a boy could wish for, but there is one thing I would really like. I would love to have five pink ping pong balls.

The father was rather astonished at this wish, but said, "If if is pink ping pong balls that you want, then pink ping pong balls you shall have.

And so, the next day, the son was given as his birthday presents five pink ping pong balls.

The boy took the pink ping pong balls to his room and the next morning the pink ping pong balls were gone. The father was mildly surprised but decided not to say anything. The pink ping pong balls, however, were never seen again. 

The next year, a day before his 16th birthday, the father asked his son what he would like for his birthday. 

"Father," replied the son, "I have everything a boy could possibly wish for, but there is one thing I would really, really like. I would love to have a ten pack of pink ping pong balls."

The father was more surprised than the year before, but kept his curiosity at bya, for he knew that his son had a right for privacy. He said therefore, "If it is a ten pack of pink ping pong balls that you want, a ten pack of pink ping pong balls you shall have."

And so, the next day, the son was given as his birthday present a ten pack of pink ping pong balls.

The boy took the ten pack of pink ping pong balls to his room and the next morning, not a single ping pong ball remained, merely the empty husk of the ten pack. The father wondered where ten pink ping pong balls might disappear to, but decided not to say anything. The pink ping pong balls, however, were never seen again.

The next year, a day before his 17th birthday, the son was asked by his father what he would like for his birthday.

"Father," said the son to this, "I have everything a boy could wish for, but one thing would make my happiness complete. I would dearly want a carton of pink ping pong balls."

The father was beyond surprise, but decided to make sure he had not misheard. "A carton of pink ping pong balls?"

"A carton of pink ping pong balls," the boy confirmed.

"I can't understand your fascination with pink ping pong balls," said the father, "but if it is a carton of pink ping pong balls that you want, it is a carton of pink ping pong balls that you shall have.:

And so, the next day, the boy was given as his birthday present a carton of pink ping pong balls.

The boy was delighted and took the carton to his room. The next day, miraculously (as if by magic, even) the pink ping pong balls had all disappeared.

"Dear son," said the father, "I must ask now, what do you do with all those pink ping pong balls?"

The son, however, was reluctant to tell him. "Please humor me, dear father."

The carton of pink ping pong balls, however, was never seen again.

The next year, it was clear that the son would get a car, but the father felt that, perhaps, his son also had some other wish apart form the obvious. So, one day before the son's 18th birthday, the father asked him whether he had a special wish for his birthday.

"Dearest father," the son started, " have everything a young man could possibly want, but there is one craving in me. I would, more than anything, want a warehouse full of pink ping pong balls."

'One of these years,' his father thought, 'I should get to the bottom of this.' However, he decided to humor his son's wish. At least he had been wise enough to buy shares in a pink ping pong ball factory.

The next day, the son was given the address of a ware house where all his new pink ping pong balls were stored. The son was delighted and decided to spend the next night in the warehouse rather than at home. The following morning, the son stepped out of the warehouse, but it seemed to be empty otherwise. The father had a closer look and indeed, nothing was left inside the warehouse. No pink ping pong balls were left. 

The next year, a day before his son's 19th birthday, the father braced himself for another warehouse of pink ping pong balls. He asked his son what his deepest desire was and he had not been entirely wrong.

"Father, you have made me very happy these last years and this year I ask of you a shipload of pink ping pong balls if at all possible."

It was possible, if only because the father had by now bought each and every factory of pink ping pong balls in the country.

The next day, the father took his son to the harbor and showed him a huge tanker and told his son that there were millions, billions, trillions of pink ping pong balls in there.

"Father," the son said, "You've made me very happy yet again."

That night, the son spent on board the tanker.

The next morning, not a single of the pink ping pong balls could be found, but the son was happy.

A few days before his 20th birthday, however, the son had a terrible road accident and was taken to the hospital.

His father visited the young man in the hospital. "My dear son! Can I bring you anything to make you feel better?"

Weakly, the son sat up in bed. "Father, dearest father, grant me this wish; just one ten pack of pink ping pong balls."

The father held his son's had tightly. "Whatever you wish, my son, but I have to give you one condition. Even if it may be embarrassing, I must know what you did with all those pink ping pong balls."

"Very well, father, but please indulge me first. I will tell you whatever you wish to know after you have given me the ten pink ping pong balls."

The father thought that was fair enough, and the next day brought his son the ten pack of pink ping pong balls. The son smiled weakly but seemed too weak to talk.

"Son, I leave these pink ping pong balls with you and shall come back tomorrow to ask of you what you have done with all those pink ping pong balls.

The son nodded weakly.

The next day, less than surprisingly, no pink ping pong balls could be found in the son's hospital room.

"Now, my dearest son, apple of my eye, treasure of my life, please tell me what you did with all those pink ping pong balls," the father requested.

The son nodded and the father gripped his hand tighter.

"I-" the son started and sat up a bit, swallowing with a dry mouth.

"I- I-"

Then he died.

On 10/17/2017 at 0:52 PM, Ammanas said:

Just thought of another question. What is the difference between your contribution and Chaos' contribution for the 17th shard? I always thought Chaos ran things, but I noticed that it says Head Administrator next to your name too.

So, theoretically I'm the PR person for the site. Right now what that mostly translates to is I am part of the triad that makes decisions every once in a while. Though, I did take point on a fun project for the OB release party. (Like, seriously, I am so excited to share with everyone!)

Once we have a business licence I'll likely be the one reaching out to Tor and Orbit and a couple of the others to try and get the ads figured out. I also talk to Kara and Team Sanderson to set up contests and junk.

On 10/17/2017 at 3:05 PM, Shqueeves said:

@firstRainbowRose

Spoilered for length

Boo, sir. Boo.

On 10/21/2017 at 1:38 AM, Mestiv said:

Will we have any OB related contests? I think it's been a while since any contests were hosted on the shard. Let's not be worse than Reddit :P

Ish? I've got to talk to Kara about contests and she is overwhelmed getting ready for the release, so we might not have anything until after the book is out. Plus, you know, I'm just barely getting answers for the last winners... (Which  actually shouldn't be an issue going forward.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, Shqueeves said:

@firstRainbowRose

Spoilered for length

Reveal hidden contents
A wealthy man had a little boy. For some reason, his first words were "ping pong ball." When the boys was old enough to speak and understand birthdays and gifts and such (about 3 years old), the man asked the boy, "So son, what would you like for your birthday this year?" The boy said, "Daddy, I would like a pink ping pong ball." Father said, "That's it? No trucks, no trains, no puzzles?" The boy said, "No, just a pink ping pong ball."

So the father gets him the pink ping pong ball and wraps it up. The boy is absolutely delighted. He takes the pink ping pong ball to  his room, and the pink ping pong ball  is never seen again.

A day before his 15th birthday, asked by his father, "Well, my son, what would you like for your birthday?"

The son hesitated a moment and his father's thoughts leaped ahead to a new computer and similar things. However, his son had had a new computer only recently and could have a new one any time he wished.

Finally, the son said, "Father, I have everything a boy could wish for, but there is one thing I would really like. I would love to have five pink ping pong balls.

The father was rather astonished at this wish, but said, "If if is pink ping pong balls that you want, then pink ping pong balls you shall have.

And so, the next day, the son was given as his birthday presents five pink ping pong balls.

The boy took the pink ping pong balls to his room and the next morning the pink ping pong balls were gone. The father was mildly surprised but decided not to say anything. The pink ping pong balls, however, were never seen again. 

The next year, a day before his 16th birthday, the father asked his son what he would like for his birthday. 

"Father," replied the son, "I have everything a boy could possibly wish for, but there is one thing I would really, really like. I would love to have a ten pack of pink ping pong balls."

The father was more surprised than the year before, but kept his curiosity at bya, for he knew that his son had a right for privacy. He said therefore, "If it is a ten pack of pink ping pong balls that you want, a ten pack of pink ping pong balls you shall have."

And so, the next day, the son was given as his birthday present a ten pack of pink ping pong balls.

The boy took the ten pack of pink ping pong balls to his room and the next morning, not a single ping pong ball remained, merely the empty husk of the ten pack. The father wondered where ten pink ping pong balls might disappear to, but decided not to say anything. The pink ping pong balls, however, were never seen again.

The next year, a day before his 17th birthday, the son was asked by his father what he would like for his birthday.

"Father," said the son to this, "I have everything a boy could wish for, but one thing would make my happiness complete. I would dearly want a carton of pink ping pong balls."

The father was beyond surprise, but decided to make sure he had not misheard. "A carton of pink ping pong balls?"

"I can't understand your fascination with pink ping pong balls," said the father, "but if it is a carton of pink ping pong balls that you want, it is a carton of pink ping pong balls that you shall have.:

And so, the next day, the boy was given as his birthday present a carton of pink ping pong balls.

The boy was delighted and took the carton to his room. The next day, miraculously (as if by magic, even) the pink ping pong balls had all disappeared.

"Dear son," said the father, "I must ask now, what do you do with all those pink ping pong balls?"

The next year, it was clear that the son would get a car, but the father felt that, perhaps, his son also had some other wish apart form the obvious. So, one day before the son's 18th birthday, the father asked him whether he had a special wish for his birthday.

"Dearest father," the son started, " have everything a young man could possibly want, but there is one craving in me. I would, more than anything, want a warehouse full of pink ping pong balls."

'One of these years,' his father thought, 'I should get to the bottom of this.' However, he decided to humor his son's wish. At least he had been wise enough to buy shares in a pink ping pong ball factory.

The next day, the son was given the address of a ware house where all his new pink ping pong balls were stored. The son was delighted and decided to spend the next night in the warehouse rather than at home. The following morning, the son stepped out of the warehouse, but it seemed to be empty otherwise. The father had a closer look and indeed, nothing was left inside the warehouse. No pink ping pong balls were left. 

The next year, a day before his son's 19th birthday, the father braced himself for another warehouse of pink ping pong balls. He asked his son what his deepest desire was and he had not been entirely wrong.

"Father, you have made me very happy these last years and this year I ask of you a shipload of pink ping pong balls if at all possible."

It was possible, if only because the father had by now bought each and every factory of pink ping pong balls in the country.

The next day, the father took his son to the harbor and showed him a huge tanker and told his son that there were millions, billions, trillions of pink ping pong balls in there.

The next morning, not a single of the pink ping pong balls could be found, but the son was happy.

A few days before his 20th birthday, however, the son had a terrible road accident and was taken to the hospital.

His father visited the young man in the hospital. "My dear son! Can I bring you anything to make you feel better?"

Weakly, the son sat up in bed. "Father, dearest father, grant me this wish; just one ten pack of pink ping pong balls."

The father held his son's had tightly. "Whatever you wish, my son, but I have to give you one condition. Even if it may be embarrassing, I must know what you did with all those pink ping pong balls."

"Very well, father, but please indulge me first. I will tell you whatever you wish to know after you have given me the ten pink ping pong balls."

The father thought that was fair enough, and the next day brought his son the ten pack of pink ping pong balls. The son smiled weakly but seemed too weak to talk.

"Son, I leave these pink ping pong balls with you and shall come back tomorrow to ask of you what you have done with all those pink ping pong balls.

The son nodded weakly.

The next day, less than surprisingly, no pink ping pong balls could be found in the son's hospital room.

"Now, my dearest son, apple of my eye, treasure of my life, please tell me what you did with all those pink ping pong balls," the father requested.

"I- I-"

Then he died.

*snerk* A cousin of mine used to tell this joke when I was a kid. Except it was green golf balls, not pink ping-pong balls.

• 2 months later...

@firstRainbowRoseI've asked these questions to other people, but i'm curious.

38: In the event of a zombie apocalypse what would be your first actions?

34: In the above situation, where would you choose to hide out?

65: If the apocalypse were a sentient potato apocalypse instead, would that influence your actions differently?

And now for the original ones:

43: What is your favorite TV show, and who is your favorite character from that show?

25: Toilet paper roll over or under?

82: Does it bother you that the numbers on my questions aren't in order?

Edited by TheVillageIdiot

• 4 weeks later...

38: In the event of a zombie apocalypse what would be your first actions?

Probably die, if we're being honest here. It also depends on where I am. I have thought about it a lot in a couple of my work places (who knew call centers could actually be good for something?), and the local amusement park (Some of the looks you get when talking in line about the best place to hide in case of zombies is quite fun)

34: In the above situation, where would you choose to hide out?
Again, kind of depends on where I am, and the level of intelligence of the zombies. If it's a "animate body that can't even climb or jump" it's a very different answer from "Semi-smart can avoid basic traps".

65: If the apocalypse were a sentient potato apocalypse instead, would that influence your actions differently?

Sentient potatoes would change things. For one they're smaller. But again, depends on level of intelligence. Are we talking normal human, or smart enough to Voltron into super-potatoes?

And now for the original ones:

43: What is your favorite TV show, and who is your favorite character from that show?

I don't really have a favorite TV show -- wait, maybe I do. Star VS the Forces of Evil might have finally taken that spot. I adore Star, mostly because she is a character I identify with a lot. (And at the same time really don't. I like to think I'm smarter than that at times.) But I love that she's a girl, and kick butt.

25: Toilet paper roll over or under?

Josh says over. I say I don't care that much. Eric is famous for "The Way". (Seriously, just ask him.)

82: Does it bother you that the numbers on my questions aren't in order?

Nope. I had noticed, but thought you were grabbing from a "getting to know you" style list and was grabbing questions as you saw them and liked them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 18 October 2017 at 0:05 AM, Shqueeves said:

@firstRainbowRose

Spoilered for length

Hide contents

The son nodded weakly.

"I- I-"

Then he died.

I should be mad but I'm laughing.

@firstRainbowRose If shalebark grows in a forest and no one sees it, how much does tallew cost in Azir? 

Which cosmere world is best suited for your temperament?

Favorite movie?

What is your shardic intent?

If you could  have any cosmere creature as a pet what would you get?

If you were fighting an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want to have by your side?

Pepsi or Coke?

If you had to face down a pack of stick wielding sand creatures which cosmere character would you want by your side?

Which cosmere character would fit in well with your family?
Who is your favorite mythological hero?
Edited by Nathrangking

• 1 month later...