Mid-Range Game 25: Lowborn Intrigue

TheMightyLopen

Good game everyone.

This was exciting because it was my first proper game as an elim I think. I won't count my first game which was a faction game. There were times I thought I would appear to be an obvious elim but somehow survived for a few cycles and continued to play a little longer.

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and thank everyone for taking part and for the mislynches. Also, Randuir and BR for keeping activity up. Looking forward to your elim team one day.

P.s. Rip Joe and damnation you Drake :)

Edited by Megasif

@Drake Marshall, you magnificent bastard! You've played this one extremely well.

In hindsight there was one major clue for me that there was something wrong and that was the fact that you'd contacted your scans so late. However, I'd already convinced myself that you where the merchant and only picked up on this discrepancy when I'd died and learned you where evil.

Anyway, I do suppose we're even now :P.

Thanks to the @TheMightyLopen and @Steeldancer for running this game and writing the many entertaining write-ups.

Finally, @BrightnessRadiant, well done with spotting the entire elim team. And I'm sure one of these days we'll be on the elim team together.

Well that was so much fun! Drake, well played. Very well played. Village, also, if drake hadn't been playing unusually aggressive tactics towards his friends. 

Indeed, I did write most of the write ups. And apparently they were pretty good. As such, I will definitely be back as a GM. Co or otherwise. Aspiring GMs, I cannot reccomend Co GMing high enough. I learned so much about what to expect when I finally strike out on my own. 

Lopen, thanks for taking me on. That was a lot of fun. I think the game went extremely well, besides a bit too much inactivity. And Drake, if I had a paper plate award, I would give it to you. 

@Drake Marshall That was awesome. I can't believe I almost killed you. I'm pretty glad I didn't, because this game was pretty dang cool. 

Also, thanks @TheMightyLopen and @Steeldancer for running such an awesome game! It was so much fun to play (or watch in my case :P) and those write-ups were awesome. You two make a great pair! 

Whooh! What a ride. Haven’t been active on the forums for a bit, good to be able to post here again. I’ll need to read through the backlog before making any analysis or review comments.

EDIT: I'm not going to make any analysis, whoops for indicating that I would

Edited by Walin
Update

• 2 months later...

Well folks, it's long, long past time we closed this game up.  Congratz to the Elims for the win.  Well done Drake.  You kept us guessing right to the end.

Many thanks to Lopen for running the game, Steeldancer for the awesome write ups and to all the players for playing.  It is only together that we make this place what it is.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of

Wilson, Orlok Tsubodai, Seonid or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!  If you would rather keep some detail secret or are self conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be, while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, and Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: