Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kalleth

Ordered a signed copy of Oathbringer!

5 posts in this topic

So I spent all morning deliberating on whether I should get it, and finally just let impulse guide me. I'm eighty bucks poorer, but I almost missed out on the chance to get the book altogether, with my order being 1026 of 1100. 

I guess mostly I'd like to ask fellow forum dwellers, what should I expect? Are there worries about shipping I should be concerned with (being shipped to me way over here in Denmark)? I paid the extra money for a custom inscription, and I asked Brandon to answer the question: "What are the most important words a man can say?" Obviously, I'd like to know more about Gavilar's last moments, and about what Dalinar was really meant to figure out.

Admittedly my memory of the books is a bit rusty, and I've only just begun rereading WoK. But was Gavilar referring the the writings of Nohadon in The Way of Kings in-world? Or was he alluding to the Oaths of the Knight Radiant? Or did I actually ask a good question? I could've done the intelligent thing and checked what contemporary questions the 17th Shard has for Brandon, but like I said, I was being impulsive. 

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not remembering some key part of WoK or WoR, but as far as I remember, Dalinar's arc concerning Gavilar was far from over at the end of the last book.

Congrats on your order and I am interested in how Brandon responds to that question. I, unfortunately, have no idea what the shipping will be like but this is not a new thing for Wellers so I imagine they are pretty good at it by now. From what I understand, they ship international orders first so that they have a better chance of arriving on/near release day but don't be surprised if your book shows up a few days late.

Tell me how this works out for you! I'd love to know since I live in Sweden (hi neighbour) and have considered doing something similar. If it works for you I might try it with Lost Metal, Apocalypse Guard or SA 4.

14 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

Congrats on your order and I am interested in how Brandon responds to that question. I, unfortunately, have no idea what the shipping will be like but this is not a new thing for Wellers so I imagine they are pretty good at it by now. From what I understand, they ship international orders first so that they have a better chance of arriving on/near release day but don't be surprised if your book shows up a few days late.

13 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Tell me how this works out for you! I'd love to know since I live in Sweden (hi neighbour) and have considered doing something similar. If it works for you I might try it with Lost Metal, Apocalypse Guard or SA 4.

If they're shipping them out to coincide with the release date, it'll be a while before I'm able to do this, but if you're interested, I'll post a pic of what the signature looks like in this thread!