Oathbringer Typos (spoilers)

Jofwu

On 11/14/2017 at 10:09 AM, avery said:

page 414 "please send that it isn't so," Renarin whispered I think this was supposed to be say instead of send.

This is a type of vocabulary used in prayer-like speech.

ALSO: We know that the Voidspren in chapter 17 is referred to using the wrong gender. This was fixed in the ebook and audiobook, and will be fixed in reprints.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

Not sure how much of an issue this is (it might be my ereader).  The page between Ch 93 and 94, that contains the image about the Vorin wines says, "Yellow: Bold & deep without guilt." and "Blue.  Complex notes of berry & lemon."

Should be "Bold & deep without guilt." I assume?

The html says the same thing.  "Yellow. Bold & deep without guilt."

Again, it could just be my ereader.  This is the epub from Googleplay books.

Edited by RShara

45 minutes ago, RShara said:

Not sure how much of an issue this is (it might be my ereader).  The page between Ch 93 and 94, that contains the image about the Vorin wines says, "Yellow: Bold & deep without guilt." and "Blue.  Complex notes of berry & lemon."

Should be "Bold & deep without guilt." I assume?

The html says the same thing.  "Yellow. Bold & deep without guilt."

Again, it could just be my ereader.  This is the epub from Googleplay books.

Okay, so you're saying your ereader doesn't translate "&" to an ampersand in the mouseover text? It looks correct in iBooks, so it's probably just Google Play displaying it that way.

The rest of them followed Azure into the room, where she slipped a small hook between two stones and threw a hidden latch. This let her remove a stone, revealing a handle. She heaved, pulling open a doorway. The light of a few handheld spheres revealed a small corridor that ran down the middle of the city wall.

Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (p. 785). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

Bolded selection should be 'through.'

23 minutes ago, Fifth of Daybreak said:

Bolded selection should be 'through.'

I think the "threw" is saying they "activated" or "moved" the switch. They did not pass through a switch, which is what your version would mean. She is slipping a hook between two stones and "activating" a hidden switch.

Just now, CaptainRyan said:

I think the "threw" is saying they "activated" or "moved" the switch. They did not pass through a switch, which is what your version would mean. She is slipping a hook between two stones and "activating" a hidden switch.

Ah, I see now. Thanks!

Chapter 50, page 571 in the Google Play Books edition:

Someone powerful had wanted into this room.

Is that supposed to be "wandered"? Or maybe it's "Someone powerful had wanted to get into this room"?

Edited by skaa

14 hours ago, PeterAhlstrom said:

ALSO: We know that the Voidspren in chapter 17 is referred to using the wrong gender. This was fixed in the ebook and audiobook, and will be fixed in reprints.

Feather was a bad gamma reader and only caught this mistake after the gamma read was finished. Oops. My bad.

Not so much a typo, but I thought that it was odd on page 778 after Kal kills the Voidbringer on the city wall, it says "Kal stepped up to her, the sleeves of his uniform stained dark with the blood of the Voidbringer he'd killed." I mean, they hit the ground pretty hard, but he killed the thing with Syl, so there shouldn't have really been any blood, right?

For the record, I don't think the "axi" thing is a grammatical error. It's more just a unique cosmere term.

Edited by Stormlightning

2 hours ago, Stormlightning said:

Not so much a typo, but I thought that it was odd on page 778 after Kal kills the Voidbringer on the city wall, it says "Kal stepped up to her, the sleeves of his uniform stained dark with the blood of the Voidbringer he'd killed." I mean, they hit the ground pretty hard, but he killed the thing with Syl, so there shouldn't have really been any blood, right?

Hmmmmmmmm. I think this is probably an error. I'll have to figure out the best solution and ask Brandon.

Chapter 102 (Celebrant):

Shallan watched from the window. Her breath caught as the Fused lifted a few inches of the ground, then glided toward the registrar’s building.

Chapter 103 (Hypocrite):

“Deal,” Nohadon said to the merchant. “And well argued, you swindler. Make sure to buy Lani something nice with the extra spheres you got of me.”

Both of these should be "off" rather than "of" I would say.

Both from UK iBooks edition.

Edited by kari-no-sugata

On page 468 in the physical hardback on the very last line, it says "Sigzil left his pack and armor leaning against the wall, and strode out." But this chapter's POV character is Skar, and Sigzil hadn't been mentioned any time recently. When he was mentioned, he was taking notes on everyone else, like Skar, running with armor and packs, so it sounds like he wasn't running himself? I think that sentence was supposed to say "Skar left his pack..." not Sigzil?

Edited by Thren

Pg. 1138, Renarin says:

"I saw it in vision!"

Should probably be "I saw it in my vision!" or "I saw it in a vision!"

Additionally, in chapter 1, Dalinar thinks about how "Monarchs in places like Azir and Thaylenah" mentioned the Everstorm but didn't admit that it would come again...but the Everstorm started east of those, and clearly rounded the world already to get to them. Doesn't really make sense there...

Edited by PallonianFire

4 minutes ago, PallonianFire said:

Pg. 1138, Renarin says:

Should probably be "I saw it in my vision!" or "I saw it in a vision!"

Additionally, in chapter 1, Dalinar thinks about how "Monarchs in places like Azir and Thaylenah" mentioned the Everstorm but didn't admit that it would come again...but the Everstorm start east of those, and clearly rounded the world already to get to them. Doesn't really make sense there...

That should be fine.  He's referring to his vision kind of like a location.  Like saying, "I saw it in school!"

I'm not sure what's not clear about the monarchs not thinking the Everstorm would come again?  They're thinking it was a one time phenomena that would circle the globe once, and peter out.

8 minutes ago, RShara said:

That should be fine.  He's referring to his vision kind of like a location.  Like saying, "I saw it in school!"

I'm not sure what's not clear about the monarchs not thinking the Everstorm would come again?  They're thinking it was a one time phenomena that would circle the globe once, and peter out.

Ehhh, vision isn't a location. It's an experience.

And for the kingdoms, it strikes me as very strange that the direction of them is highlighted, when it's irrelevant/out of place from the origin of the storm. Especially when their experience with highstorms indicates that they don't circle the world at all, but rather die before crossing the whole continent.

Edited by PallonianFire