Oathbringer Typos (spoilers)

Jofwu

Please post any Oathbringer typos you come across in this thread. Give a clear explanation of what the typo is along with a reference of where it can be found.

This thread will be unlocked on November 14, 2017.

NOTE: Oathbringer Preview chapters posted by Tor contain typos that are NOT in the final version of the book. Do not post typos which you have found anywhere prior to the full release of the book.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Oathbringer Typos (spoilers)

Blurb on the back of the book is missing the word 'Dalinar' in 3rd paragraph in between "And" and "gradually":

"...and unearths the dark secrets lurking in its depth. And gradually realizes that his holy mission..."

UK version; paperback.

Edited by Snoopie
more detail

23 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Not sure if this is actually a typo, but on page 425 in the Kindle version Shallan in referred to as "Shallan" when she is in the Veil persona. We usually see her refer to herself by the persona she is in at the time.

She does occasionally slip out, so it could be on purpose... Can't say without context.

This was accidentally submitted in the regular forum this morning. I thought I was inside the Typos section when posting.

@PeterAhlstrom

I believe there is a typo in the first paragraph of p. 884 that is continued from p. 883.

The last sentence of this paragraph reads, "In the real WOULD, they'd be in the water..."

It should likely read:

"In the real WORLD, they'd be in the water..."

Hope that helps. Thanks for all your hard work!

Chapter 44

Page 468 (ebook, so this is an estimate) where Shallan and Renarin are talking about the city and the fabrials.

"It does being a city." He frowned.  "Well, I mean, it BEES a city....It does what the city is...."

I'm not sure what word it should be, but I don't think it should be BEES.

2 hours ago, BeskarKomrk said:

Page 31 of the U.S. Hardcover has a missing end quotation mark.

Original: "In my visions, I witnessed a stone monster that ripped itself free of the underlying rock.

Should be: "In my visions, I witnessed a stone monster that ripped itself free of the underlying rock."

Not a typo.  He continues talking in the next paragraph, so a quotation mark isn't necessary.

In the epigraph of Ch. 92 (Kindle edition - I haven't checked the hardcover yet) a space is missing. It says "However, it isclear" instead of "is clear".

Also in ch. 93, when Adolin and Azure are talking. According to Kindle it's location 17352ish. Adolin asks "You've traveled in this place before?" Azure's response continues on the same line, rather than having a break between speakers.

Ch 99. Location 18197. "W hat a sick, sick mind you have, Kaladin." Should be "What"

Ch. 104, location 19018 Sebarial says "I don't know if I can a ford to pay men to do the work instead." Should be afford.

Edited by dendrophobe

On 11/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, Napoli said:

This was accidentally submitted in the regular forum this morning. I thought I was inside the Typos section when posting.

@PeterAhlstrom

I believe there is a typo in the first paragraph of p. 884 that is continued from p. 883.

The last sentence of this paragraph reads, "In the real WOULD, they'd be in the water..."

It should likely read:

"In the real WORLD, they'd be in the water..."

Hope that helps. Thanks for all your hard work!

Yep. We fixed that one for the audiobook and ebook. It will be fixed in future reprints.

Also the Table of Contents error with "Book Two" is something we noticed less than a month ago. Too late to get it fixed in the print book, but we did get it fixed in the ebook. Future reprints will be corrected.

Edited by PeterAhlstrom

2 hours ago, dendrophobe said:

In the epigraph of Ch. 92 (Kindle edition - I haven't checked the hardcover yet) a space is missing. It says "However, it isclear" instead of "is clear".

Also in ch. 93, when Adolin and Azure are talking. According to Kindle it's location 17352ish. Adolin asks "You've traveled in this place before?" Azure's response continues on the same line, rather than having a break between speakers.

Ch 99. Location 18197. "W hat a sick, sick mind you have, Kaladin." Should be "What"

Ch. 104, location 19018 Sebarial says "I don't know if I can a ford to pay men to do the work instead." Should be afford.

UK edition of the ebook, right? These don't exist in the US ebook that I have. I will report this to the UK publisher.