[OB] Oathbringer

bdoble97

I think that what we are looking at is not a usual dust jacket, but one that was created for this picture. You can see Oathbringer coming through barely in the bottom left corner. What this tells me is that this will be, I believe, a unprecedented dust jacket with illustrations on the outside and inside. The outside being the picture with Jasnah we are all familiar with and the inside being a map. I think the picture above was created so we could see it all at once and not in two pictures. Just my thoughts though...let me know if anyone feels differently. Now you could get a picture like that in the indide of the physical book like the one in WoR with Shallan painting.

10 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

@Ammanas I thought you were one of those who would wait until you had the whole book to read.

Oh I am, but I have been getting into the discussion on breaking down the dust jacket. Thanks for remembering that though...I feel oddly very good that someone would commit such a small detail like that to memory about myself. I guess there is a risk on me being on this thread, but although I don't go looking for spoilers, these books have always been about the journey than the destination for me.

Edited by Ammanas

That's two dust jackets already in the original picture. The bottom part is flipped around so you can see the interior; if you look closely, you'll see there are only 8 Radiant glyphs, and the top of the Reshi islands have been cut off. Whoever is holding the jackets has overlapped the two by a few inches. (You can also see the glyphs showing through Brandon's blurb on the left, except for the bottom one where the jackets are overlapping.)

11 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

That's two dust jackets already in the original picture. The bottom part is flipped around so you can see the interior; if you look closely, you'll see there are only 8 Radiant glyphs, and the top of the Reshi islands have been cut off. Whoever is holding the jackets has overlapped the two by a few inches. (You can also see the glyphs showing through Brandon's blurb on the left, except for the bottom one where the jackets are overlapping.)

Thanks for confirming that. Has there been any word on the pictures that will be on the interior of the physical book like the one of Shallan painting? Or is that all hush hush not to be revealed until November 14?

Edited by Ammanas

9 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Thanks for confirming that. Has there been any word on the pictures that will be on the interior of the physical book like the one of Shallan painting? Or is that all hush hush not to be revealed until November 14?

I haven't seen anything on the subject, but I'm watching Twitter in case Brandon slips up again!

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Oathbringer
  • Chaos locked this topic