NaNoWriMo '17

Delightful

I'm doing it! The only problem is, though I did win NaNo last year, I still haven't finished my novel I've still got 40K or so left to go (and I'm already at a whopping 154K). I want to finish my old novel before starting the new one I've been outlining, which means, in essence, I have a pre-NaNo nano-NaNo to do.

That's the plan. I've gotten kind of a head start right now, about 35 pages in (18, 483 words so far). Now if I can just keep from getting sidetracked every time I sit down at my computer...

Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist

53 minutes ago, Belzedar said:

I was just going to post mine in this thread. Is that bad?

Should we create a new thread just for word counts and encouragement?

Well, I was going to actually post what I'm writing. I expect that this threat would be just fine for word counts and encouragement. I just wanted my actual story in a separate place. :D

Okay, I'll put this here.

As day one draws to a close, my word count is 5721. Feeling pretty good.

I don't expect to be able to maintain this level of productivity. On one of the old Writing Excuses episodes, they recommending front-loading your NaNo progress. Do as much as possible in the early days so you have a cushion later on. Based on that, I aimed high today.

I'm ahead of my scheduled word count, but behind on my scheduled plot progress. The story is progressing at around half the speed I expected. If my pacing doesn't pick up, my attempt at a 50k book will turn out to be more like 80-100k. Which is fine, I guess. But it means that my dream of finishing before Oathbringer just crossed the line into completely impossible.

Edit

Day 2: 4598. Fewer words, but more plot progress.

Edit

Day 3: 2356.

Edit

Day 4: No progress. Literally no time to write today.

Edit

Day5: 3006

Edited by Belzedar

Hows everyone doing?

I just hit 10,000 words! Im using Nano to get back into the writing habit so its not one continuous story, its bits and pieces of exercises and stream of consciousness and basically anything to make me sit down and put words on the page. Its working though!