Dragonsteel chapter(s)

44 minutes ago, Howl007 said:

Any chance there is an online copy or pdf of Dragonsteel. I'm from Europe so no chance of getting the book from the library :(

Nope, Brandon himself has a digital copy presumably but given that he's not entirely comfortable with people reading the book (because of potential spoilers, or giving people ideas that won't be borne out by the final product, or just because he sees it as mediocre as it currently exists) he's not likely to give it out to anyone. He even calls the fact that the circulation copy at BYU needed to be rebound due to how many people have read it a 'dubious honor'.

1 hour ago, Weltall said:

Nope, Brandon himself has a digital copy presumably but given that he's not entirely comfortable with people reading the book (because of potential spoilers, or giving people ideas that won't be borne out by the final product, or just because he sees it as mediocre as it currently exists) he's not likely to give it out to anyone. He even calls the fact that the circulation copy at BYU needed to be rebound due to how many people have read it a 'dubious honor'.

Thats too bad, I would love to read it. =(

Back on topic, do we have any other information od dragonsteel the metal? There is just one mention of it and it is very interesting. I dont want to say more so I don't spoil anything =)

3 minutes ago, Howl007 said:

Thats too bad, I would love to read it. =(

Back on topic, do we have any other information od dragonsteel the metal? There is just one mention of it and it is very interesting. I dont want to say more so I don't spoil anything =)

This is the topic to discuss it in. Nobody's told me it's not allowed. I really want to find out if we've ever seen Dragonsteel on screen so we can make it canon. 

15 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

This is the topic to discuss it in. Nobody's told me it's not allowed. I really want to find out if we've ever seen Dragonsteel on screen so we can make it canon. 

Given that the series is still likely to be called Dragonsteel, I would hesitantly say it's still going to be a thing. How it's produced will have to be different, as the Shattered Plains were stolen into SA, but we can presume a pool of some sort is still going to be used. ... I don't know if we can properly call them Shardpools, can we... Dragonsteel is pre-Shattering, yes?

3 minutes ago, Rider of Storms said:

Given that the series is still likely to be called Dragonsteel, I would hesitantly say it's still going to be a thing. How it's produced will have to be different, as the Shattered Plains were stolen into SA, but we can presume a pool of some sort is still going to be used. ... I don't know if we can properly call them Shardpools, can we... Dragonsteel is pre-Shattering, yes?

That was my idea. I tried calling it a Godpool, but that brought to mind a deadpool god. 

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

That was my idea. I tried calling it a Godpool, but that brought to mind a deadpool god. 

Lol

For some reason, my brain glossed over the thought of there being pools for the Dragonsteel. I was just kind of like, yeah, okay that makes sense.

If it is Adonalsium's (Shard)pool, then that would make Dragonsteel the Godmetal that they produce. It very much reminds me of the Pits of Hathsin and the Atium (which Brandon probably stole from here as well).

What fascinates me is, Adonalsium must have had a Shardpool. He's Invested in Yolen and his Godmetal is obviously valued and useful. I wonder if Dragonsteel is somehow related to the Shattering.

Also, as Shardpools happen when a Shard is Invested somewhere, and we know that they can be left behind, does that mean it's possible for there to be an Adonalsium Shardpool on Roshar somewhere, with a wealth of Dragonsteel left over from those days?

Do Shardpools dissipate when a Shard is killed?

4 minutes ago, Rider of Storms said:

Lol

For some reason, my brain glossed over the thought of there being pools for the Dragonsteel. I was just kind of like, yeah, okay that makes sense.

If it is Adonalsium's (Shard)pool, then that would make Dragonsteel the Godmetal that they produce. It very much reminds me of the Pits of Hathsin and the Atium (which Brandon probably stole from here as well).

What fascinates me is, Adonalsium must have had a Shardpool. He's Invested in Yolen and his Godmetal is obviously valued and useful. I wonder if Dragonsteel is somehow related to the Shattering.

Also, as Shardpools happen when a Shard is Invested somewhere, and we know that they can be left behind, does that mean it's possible for there to be an Adonalsium Shardpool on Roshar somewhere, with a wealth of Dragonsteel left over from those days?

Do Shardpools dissipate when a Shard is killed?

Elantris still has a shardpool

4 hours ago, Howl007 said:

Any chance there is an online copy or pdf of Dragonsteel. I'm from Europe so no chance of getting the book from the library :(

I don't believe so. My understanding is the BYU copies are only available because Brandon submitted Dragonsteel Prime as part of his master's thesis.

10 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Elantris still has a shardpool

Devotion and Dominion are still Invested on Sel.

Adonalsium's Investiture instead was stolen and divided among the Vessels.
It's also possible Adonalsium had not a Pool but it will depend on how Adonalsium "worked"...It was only a "super shard" or something different in function ? We don't know yet

So, what we know about dragonsteel from these sample chapters is that it is indestructible, it's a liquid metal in it's natural form and somebody has to touch it and mentally will it to take a certain shape(presumably of a weapon, armor or tool) and once it assumes such a shape it permanently stays in that shape. That is very interesting and if I am correct something complately new to the Cosmere =D

On 10/5/2017 at 9:35 AM, Howl007 said:

Unfortunately, I believe the plea to prevent this very thing from happening is straight from Brandon

12 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

If we could get a WoB that we've seen dragonsteel before, we could make it canon. 

Sounds like something Brandon actually might answer, if it is phrased that way. The "have we seen X before" are usually so broad that he answers them just to give us something to discuss while we wait for our minds to be blown by his next book.

14 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Sounds like something Brandon actually might answer, if it is phrased that way. The "have we seen X before" are usually so broad that he answers them just to give us something to discuss while we wait for our minds to be blown by his next book.

And then I could ask the burning question: what would happen if a mistborn burned Dragonsteel :P