Best Character Names

I think Dalinar and Kaladin are easy-to-overlook-yet-really-solid fantasy character names. I feel like the really fit their personalities as well. Boring answer maybe, but those are my favorites. 

I also really like Hhrathen and Odium. 

• 1 month later...

I have no idea why, but I love all of the Heralds names, they just sound like, regal, and royal, I don’t know how to explain it. I also love Hrathen, it’s just so amazing. I like Khrissalla and Nazh, which is probably not his full name, but its storming awesome still. I love Kaladin, too. It just a perfect name for the kind of character he is, I love it.

I like Kell and Vin with their French pronunciation. (Though I’m honestly confused by the name Rannete gives Vindication as a result.) Also Waxillium.

For Stormlight I like Jasnah (which I pronounce as Yasnah), but I really love the Kholin name since most Americans can’t pronounce the ‘Kh’ and I can. (This is also why I love Khuzdul.) 

For Threnody I love Silence and William Ann’s names.

And I love the double vowel of Aonic names and the stutter of Hallandrin ones.

On 11/22/2017 at 8:17 PM, Ookla the Rusty said:

Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor. So fun to say once you learn how to say and spell it right. Also, Waxillium, Hrathen, Taravangian, and Cephandrius Maxtori.

How did you get ahold of Dragonsteel? If you didn’t, how do you know Hoid had the surname Maxtori at some point? Because I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen it published... I really want to read that thesis...

12 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

How did you get ahold of Dragonsteel? If you didn’t, how do you know Hoid had the surname Maxtori at some point? Because I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen it published... I really want to read that thesis...

I haven't gotten ahold of Dragonsteel. I remember reading it in Mistborn: Secret History... nope, nevermind. Just checked.

I think I only know it because I read it on the Coppermind website. No source other than that.