Randuir stood on the wall guarding Minas Tirith’s third level, and looked at the rising sun. The dawn shone a golden light over the city as it rose over the eastern mountains. The sun had briefly been coloured red as it appeared from the direction of the wastes, but whatever foul fumes had caused the coloration hadn’t held long.

Around him the white city slowly rose from its slumber. Lanterns where doused, merchants opened their shops and the guard shifts where changed. Randuir took in the fresh morning air with a deep breath, then turned to leave. He had a long day in the forge ahead of him, and dawdling now wouldn’t get him out into the fresh air any quicker.

As Randuir reached the stair leading down from the wall, a wind blowing from the north-west ruffled through his hair. He paused for a second. A wind from the Misty mountains. Supposedly a sign of a new beginning… He wasn’t sure where that errant thought had come from, and shook it off quickly. There was work to do, and loafing about, wondering about omens wouldn’t do him any good.

2 hours ago, randuir said:

I think, if there is a third alignment, that it is telling that only Mordor actually has the means to detect them. This makes me wonder whether it's actually a force of good(maybe a 'Fellowship' of good) with some extra powers, rather than an additional elim faction. It could also be as Orlok has suggested, that there is a second elim faction. If these factiosn are directly opposed though, I think that either any conversions can't be targeted at Mordor (because conversions out of an elim doc is trouble if it isn't incognito), or all elims share one elim doc, encouraging them to not just out eachother, as that's mutually assured destruction.

Regarding the steward, I personally don't think any of the revealed roles have additional powers or what-not, but that's more based on gut-feeling and how I would approach a game with hidden information, so I could very well be wrong.

That's a good thought, and indeed the existence of an eliminator alignment scan ought to be thought of as reasonable evidence for a third faction existing. I'd be surprised if that faction started as good, though. Given the power of trust circles in these games, reducing potential suspects, and making the end game difficult for eliminators,  having a starting group of cleared good players would be a significant imbalance towards the village.

@Alvron, @Steeldancer, @Jondesu, @asterion137, @King Cole, @Drake Marshall, @BrightnessRadiant, you've all clearly been online since the game has started. Any thoughts on the ruleset, or indeed, on anything else? Although it is D1, we do need as useful discussion as we can produce, which requires players getting involved.

52 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

I wonder if the scribe can read the dead doc before sending out their will

I know I clarified it somewhere, (probably in game creation), but the scribe does not get access to the dead doc until they send their will.

Okay, a quick scan of the player list has shown that about 9 people haven't posted yet. I feel it's a bit early to start weaponizing the notification system (especially since half these people haven't been online since game start), but I'd like to ask everyone to come by and say 'Hello!'. Remember, this game does have an inactivity filter that'll kick in if you don't post for two cycles straight.

oh @asterion137 as a fellow encryption enthusiast i must congradulate you for your find i have to swallow my envy for not being the one to find out about it first but i only just arived here rest asured that any other atempts from the mesganger boys to hide information will be uncovered by me . consider it a chalenge if you want , but i will

Silver stood above the bustling street. A raven cawed harshly from a nearby window. 

"Carrion! Death! Darkness! Destruction! Throttling!" Caw!

Silver turned his head from the foul creature. He glided down from his rooftop and landed on the branch of some kind of twig creature. The twig creature continued walking. This looked promising. He cocked his head and fluttered down in front of thing's perch. "Hail, good Ent! Mine pleasure to greet thee! Might I trouble you for your thoughts?" @Steeldancer

___

I asked len in a PM if his profile picture was a clue, and i got a vague answer.

3 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Silver stood above the bustling street. A raven cawed harshly from a nearby window. 

"Carrion! Death! Darkness! Destruction! Throttling!" Caw!

Silver turned his head from the foul creature. He glided down from his rooftop and landed on the branch of some kind of twig creature. The twig creature continued walking. This looked promising. He cocked his head and fluttered down in front of thing's perch. "Hail, good Ent! Mine pleasure to greet thee! Might I trouble you for your thoughts?" @Steeldancer

___

I asked len in a PM if his profile picture was a clue, and i got a vague answer.

Mmyyyyyy... thhooouuughhtsss.... areeee... maaany. Ffoooorr iinnsstannccee, ttthheeeerreee aaarrre noooott eenoougghhh treeeess iin... thiisss... ciitttyy. 

4 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

That's a good thought, and indeed the existence of an eliminator alignment scan ought to be thought of as reasonable evidence for a third faction existing. I'd be surprised if that faction started as good, though. Given the power of trust circles in these games, reducing potential suspects, and making the end game difficult for eliminators,  having a starting group of cleared good players would be a significant imbalance towards the village.

@Alvron, @Steeldancer, @Jondesu, @asterion137, @King Cole, @Drake Marshall, @BrightnessRadiant, you've all clearly been online since the game has started. Any thoughts on the ruleset, or indeed, on anything else? Although it is D1, we do need as useful discussion as we can produce, which requires players getting involved.

I'll put more time in a little bit.

For now, I have maybe one thought to contribute. I don't really remember all of the rules but I remember one thing.

Idk how many nobles there are, but I figure there's probably 1 elim noble in their doc since the role is not confirmed alignment. So... To all ye nobles, you should maybe be considering how best to deal with that.

In regard to secret roles or alignments... An elim scanner like that is really only helpful if

1. The secret role / alignment(s) is a high priority target for thr elims

2. The secret role / alignment(s) is a potential ally for the elims

So yeah. One of those two is probable imo. Maybe both.

The nights seemed to be getting ever colder, and the Darkness from the West ever closer.

Hunched alone at the corner of a tavern, Ninor kept a hand on his dagger, even as he drank. Gondor… Gondor. He remembered the Minas Tirith of ages past. Mighty Minas Tirith, beautiful and strong.

How the city had wilted.

Just last night, a body of a nobleman had been discovered, his body bearing witness to a savage, savage beating.

Oh Nienna, how Men need your guidance.

“Hey, you!”

Instinctively, Ninor hunched down further, drawing his hood deeper over his face. Forced himself to relax his grip on his dagger.

A hand landed on his shoulder. Rough. Friendly. “Fancy lute you carry. You a bard?”

Ninor smiled tightly under his hood. “Aye, good sir. Unfortunately, I have no song for darkness and winter. At least… None that you should bear.”

“Look around you, friend,” the voice pleaded. “The people are afraid. Is not now the time for song? Play us a tune, bard. Something to lift their spirits. Sing us a song of hope.” 

Ninor finally laughed. “Hope? My fine friend. Hope? You wish me to sing a song of light and air, even as Sauron - yes! Sauron, the Lord of the Ring, grows ever in power? You wish me to sing a song of beauty and peace, when his legions amass for the final battle?” For the first time, he turned his face towards the voice, and watched the man draw back in shock. 

He stood, pushing his hood back to reveal his golden hair and pointed ears. The tavern fell silent. “Very well. I shall sing you a song.” 

“When winter first begins to bite

and stones crack in the frosty night,

when pools are black and trees are bare,

'tis evil in the west to fare.

When darkness falls and shadows shriek

And cold suspicions bid you speak

When brothers condemn their very own

All hope is lost...

You’re all alone.”

Silence. 

Ninor took a breath, drew his hood back over his head, and left the tavern. 

Oh Nienna... they needed to know the truth...Didn't they?

Hey sorry!! I forgot to get on yesterday I was busy all day. I'll still be relatively busy until tomorrow night.

I don't really think anything has happened much yet (besides a Noble being killed ??? what's that about) that I need to say anything about.

If you need my input on anything before tomorrow night just tag me. I'll do my best to contribute a lot more starting tomorrow! :D

I'm here! xD Sorry, I was super busy yesterday, but I am now here. Better late than never...I'd say a wizard is never late, but I am not a wizard and therefore cannot claim that excuse. :P (ninja'd by Steph..."hello sister" :P)

Okay, why is there no lynch discussion? xD Guyyyyyyys! *sigh

If I vote on someone 1 hour before the cycle ends, am I a bad person? haha...I mean, I literally vote late all the time anyways. It's like my signature move. ;)

I don't see anything suspicious tho...just a lot of people not talking about game mechanics or lynches (excluding like, Rand, Orlok, and Drake iirc) So, I need to go back over the game rules again, but for now I'd like to know if anyone is online and if they're still interested in a day one lynch?

It's less than 10 minutes. I'm going to state who I would lynch If I still had a couple of hours, but I don't think we'd learn enough from the actual death as a result of the lynch. Note that all of these are suspicions based on small stuff. this is C1, If I had big reasons for suspicions, I'd have voted hours ago.

First of is Alvron. His one comment seems odd, especially since he's been on the site at later points. I also remember him being a bit more active than this. Makes me wonder wether he's got a doc to do more talking in.

I'm not sure about Lemonelon. His comment asking if any of the eliminators want to reveal themselves could have just been a joke, or it could have been a distancing technique by an elim.

I don't really have anything else on other people right now, and as I said, these are really flimsy suspicions as they are.

7 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@Alvron, @Steeldancer, @Jondesu, @asterion137, @King Cole, @Drake Marshall, @BrightnessRadiant, you've all clearly been online since the game has started. Any thoughts on the ruleset, or indeed, on anything else?

A kettle! In the kettle! Two mice! Squeaky-Squeaky!