8 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@Elenion, does the politician have to submit a vote in thread for their PM vote to count?

Are the identities of the Noblemen revealed by the GM in their doc? Are they obliged to reveal their identity, if not?

1. No.

2. No and no. Pseudonyms are allowed. The Noblemen do not even know the total number of Noblemen in the doc unless/until they all check in.

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Can one Noble pretend to be multiple Nobles?

1. No. The noble doc has a full list of things that you can and cannot do, so if you are a noble you can consult that list.

2. Are you planning on playing Rae? You haven't formally signed up yet, unless I missed it.

18 hours ago, Elenion said:

1. No. The noble doc has a full list of things that you can and cannot do, so if you are a noble you can consult that list.

2. Are you planning on playing Rae? You haven't formally signed up yet, unless I missed it.

18 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Should totally join up @Arraenae Never know, might be a ball or two.

I don't have time with Inktober also going on. :(

C1: The Fellowship of the Lynch

Thaurdir, servant of Mordor, leaned against the stone wall of an alley in the second circle of Minas Tirith as he watched the evening’s usual flood of people pour past. None of them paid much, if any, attention to Thaurdir. Had you asked them what a servant of Mordor looked like, they would have described some scarred orc or hulking troll, not a man with average height, build, and facial features who could blend into any crowd. Thaurdir, of course, was more than willing to use this to his advantage as he scanned the passers-by for the man he was supposed to meet. Thaurdir checked his timepiece. Lord Khlenn was over twenty minutes late.
     “Does that weakling think he can assert his authority by making me wait on his whims?”
     Thaurdir continued to brood for the next few minutes, until finally he noticed the upstart noble walking toward him at a leisurely pace, as if he had all the time in Gondor. Thaurdir straightened up, adjusting his posture and gait to match those of a lesser nobleman. Years of acting experience made the shift into his new role effortlessly.
     “Lord Khlenn,” Thaurdir said, “have you considered my proposition?”
     “I have to say that it amuses me considerably.”
     Thaurdir grimaced internally. He was not used to amusing baser beings, but he did not allow his persona to slip. “Why does it amuse you, my lord?”
     “I just wonder what anyone like you would want with the passcode to the seventh circle. It’s not something widely known by anyone but the guard and the servants of the Steward himself, but that’s not because it’s dangerous. Just ask for an audience with the Steward. It’ll cost you much less.” Lord Khlenn didn’t guard his words. Even for someone only in his twenties, he was rash. That would cost him.
     “Our deal was no questions asked, my lord.” It was taking everything Thaurdir had to keep himself from murdering Lord Khlenn here and now, plans or no plans.
     “Fine, fine. Do you have my payment?”
     Thaurdir beckoned to Lord Khlenn to follow, and strode into the building which he had been leaning on for so long. It was a stone-walled warehouse, dimly lit by a few oil lamps hanging from the ceiling. He walked confidently to a single crate in the back, and stopped with his hand on its top.
     “That’s it?” Lord Khlenn said.
     Thaurdir turned to face him, ignoring the question entirely. “Password?”
     Lord Khlenn snorted before finally saying it. He then said, “But I don’t know why I’m telling it to scum like you.”
     Something snapped in Thaurdir. His mission was to secure the password for Mordor, not to take lip from a nobleman with the ego the size of a cave-troll. He had planned to pay Lord Khlenn, but that was no longer the plan. Now that Thaurdir had the password, Lord Khlenn was expendable.
     Lord Khlenn must have noticed some change in Thaurdir’s demeanor, because he took a step backward as Thaurdir stepped toward him, but he was too slow to dodge Thaurdir’s hand. It caught him by the neck and lifted him into the air, slamming him against the grimy stone wall of the warehouse.
     Thaurdir grinned sadistically as he slammed Lord Khlenn into the wall, feeling the strength of Mordor course through his veins and empower his muscles. He was close enough to Lord Khlenn that he could smell expensive alcohol and cheap perfume.
     “Who is the scum here?” Thaurdir bellowed.
     Lord Khlenn struggled to speak, but nothing came out. The entire weight of his body was hanging from where Thaurdir had pinned his neck against the wall. Thaurdir could feel his pulse.
     Thump, thump, thump, thump. THIS
     “You are nothing but a disgraced nobleman!”
     Thump, thump, thump, thump. IS
     “You turn to every vice of this city. Without your money, you would be nothing!”
     Thump… thump… thump… JUST
      “I will cleanse this city of its corruption. Middle-Earth will be united once more! And yet you call me scum!”
     Thump…………… thump……………. THE
     “But that is why, in a matter of days, I will be victorious…”
      Thump………………………………… BEGINNING
     “And you will be dead.”
     Silence.
     Thaurdir released his grip and the nobleman’s corpse fell to the ground.

Lord Khlenn was killed! He was a Nobleman loyal to Gondor!

QF26 has begun. You have 24 hours to vote and to send in actions. PMs should be out in 0-30 minutes. 

blu_1507238100.png

Player List
1. Lemonelon - Unspecified
2. King Cole - Unspecified
3. Randuir - Randuir
4. Jondesu - Findecano Nenharma
5. Steeldancer - Twigeye
6. Sony - Sony
7. Alvron - Zunn the Mad
8. Asterion - Hobo Baggins
9. Doc - Unspecified
10. Steph - Unspecified
11. Drake Marshall - The Marshall of Minas Tirith
12. Manukos - Oakmus N
13. Darkness Ascendant - Mori Ion
14. Sami - Jedal Snyders
15. Orlok Tsubodai - Annatar
16. Mestiv - Unspecified
17. Roadwalker - Silver Feather
18. Straw - Straw
19. Brightness Radiant - Unspecified
20. Megasif - Megamir

Edited by Elbereth

• Alvron locked this topic
2 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I... am... an... ent. I speak.... veeerrryyyy... slooooowlllllyyyyyy. 

Noble Twigeye, I fear I must risk offense, but haste is of the essence. Mordor closes on the borders of Gondor more each passing day, and we must be prepared. That is why my father sent me to find what I could and see if the men of Gondor had learnt enough humility to again have free dealings with the elves.

ooh look what I found

Thump, thump, thump, thump. THIS
     “You are nothing but a disgraced nobleman!”
     Thump, thump, thump, thump. IS
     “You turn to every vice of this city. Without your money, you would be nothing!”
     Thump… thump… thump… JUST
      “I will cleanse this city of its corruption. Middle-Earth will be united once more! And yet you call me scum!”
     Thump…………… thump……………. THE
     “But that is why, in a matter of days, I will be victorious…”
      Thump………………………………… BEGINNING
     “And you will be dead.”
     Silence.
     Thaurdir released his grip and the nobleman’s corpse fell to the ground.

found by highlighting the writeup.

Edited by asterion137

Hey guys! The roles this game are relatively standard, so I've only got one real comment about the roles right now: Scribes, I'd like to refer you to the game creation thread, specifically the part where Elenion posted this game. I figured out some interesting loopholes regarding your role.

Secondly, we've got single 24 hour cycles in which everything happens, so we should really try to get a lynch discussion started. However, for us to do that,w e need to people to try and post some more substantial stuff. In a couple of hours I should have enough time to both post some RP and participate in/get started with the lynch discussion.

Whilst I agree with Randuir that the revealed roles do not appear terribly different, I do think it worth speculating on secret roles, and secret rules.

Whilst the following is but speculation, given the knowledge that we have secret rules, and the setting within which the game is set, I don't think them impossible, and they bear consideration.

My first thought concerns the Steward. In LotR, the Steward of Gondor is in possession of the Palantir, which allows great insight and a view over that which the enemy does, but involves a contest of will with the Enemy. Whilst already used in the ruleset as a role scanner, I would speculate about it potentially possessing a limited doc viewing ability, with a chance of the Steward's will failing. If this were the case, it would advantage the village through encouraging limited communication amongst the eliminators, but would ensure that we cannot trust the cleared good role, which seems to be more balanced, for me. As it stands, there is little preventing the Steward declaring themselves, having predicted a the role of an individual to be lynched, and so proving their alignment and obtaining village protection. 

Mechanically, this could be summarised as an expectation of a doc-spying mechanic, and a weakening of the cleared nature of the Steward.

A second, and yet more speculative thought concerns a potential third faction - Isengard. Whilst clearly less likely, it bears considering that there may be a conversion mechanic in the vein of Padan Fain of LG6 and LG22. The implications of this potential are that we should be wary of maintaining a view that players are cleared throughout the game, but also that the eliminators need to worry about trusting their own members.

Given we have little else to discuss, I'd invite thoughts on my own speculation, and would encourage everyone else to speculate. Thoughts on the game, consistency in opinion, and evolution in opinion are our tools for getting reads on players. The more frequently they're provided, the more we have to look at, and the easier it is to narrow down the potential eliminators.

I think, if there is a third alignment, that it is telling that only Mordor actually has the means to detect them. This makes me wonder whether it's actually a force of good(maybe a 'Fellowship' of good) with some extra powers, rather than an additional elim faction. It could also be as Orlok has suggested, that there is a second elim faction. If these factiosn are directly opposed though, I think that either any conversions can't be targeted at Mordor (because conversions out of an elim doc is trouble if it isn't incognito), or all elims share one elim doc, encouraging them to not just out eachother, as that's mutually assured destruction.

Regarding the steward, I personally don't think any of the revealed roles have additional powers or what-not, but that's more based on gut-feeling and how I would approach a game with hidden information, so I could very well be wrong.