Quick Fix Game 26: Stop the Madness

firstRainbowRose

@Lemonelon, yeah, at the time when I posted about not being able to vote, I hadn't yet received my moment of clarity. Apparently I was supposed to have gotten it the Cycle before, but they forgot to tell me about it, so they gave it to me in the middle of that Cycle.

Anyways, I don't see what could have triggered it, so I'm guessing it's just random.

QF26: Aftermath

[writeup will be edited in, as usual, when fRR finishes it]

No one died!

You won! 

Spec/Dead Doc

Roles Spreadsheet

Notes/summary: 
The secret to this game was that the shades killed. Every time you lynched a player, that player got to choose who the next person to die would be. The person shade-killed figured this out just before they died and were able to grant one person a Moment of Clarity before they themselves died. The game, it was agreed, would end when people figured enough of this out and resolved to stop lynching. Since those conditions have now been met, the game is over. (Finally. Longest QF ever, I think, and very probably longest number of cycles in any game? ) 
Well done to Lemonelon for figuring out the pattern!

Oh - and the doll was completely a red herring. It passed every two cycles (Alv was essentially right that there was a cycle of delay, which was originally unintentional but happened enough that we continued it so as not to throw people more off), and every time it passed it became creepier. There were other potential red herrings with the Moments of Clarity, but that was the primary one that came into use. 

My only particular comment on this game beyond that is that there should have been an inactivity filter. Both because it’s required by the format (which everyone forgets, thus no one mentioning to fRR that she should put one in), and because it would’ve made the game progress far faster. Other than that, this was an excellent, if different, game, and I look forward to seeing you all playing in the future!

I feel vindicated :P

Kudos to Wilson for throwing us all off track long enough to make the game actually happen! I should have known that something was up when Wilson started telling me all sorts of things she remembered talking to fRR about.

14 hours ago, Seonid said:

Kudos to Wilson for throwing us all off track long enough to make the game actually happen! I should have known that something was up when Wilson started telling me all sorts of things she remembered talking to fRR about.

Heh. Yep. I had no intention of getting as involved as I did, but then you just had to go around saying "Let's all vote for a No Lynch." Sigh. I was amused though, after I'd died when you started noticing the inconsistencies and being like "Why am I trusting Wilson's word!? Someone SCAN HER NOW." :P

Sorry it's late, I am afraid I got slightly distracted, and then forgot.

As the second day without a death dawned the remaining people at the Red Herring Inn started to breath easier. While they hadn't figured out why the deaths were happening, they had clearly determined how to prevent future ones.

First order of business, to explain the deaths: When you lynched a person, they were then asked to choose the next death. The person who was "randomly" killed was then asked to choose who had their MoC.

Since you at least stopped the deaths, I would say everyone gets a half win point.

• 2 months later...

Well folks, it's time to close another game.  Many, many thanks to fRR and El for running this game.  Having the game be winnable by not killing anyone was a nice twist and not something likely to be discovered with all of us bloodthirsty killers roaming around.  :P  A wee shoutout to Rubix for trying to sneak into the game only to be swiftly killed and then harvested for spare parts.  (My new liver hat looks very dashing.)

And finally, well done to Lemonelon for figuring out the secret and stopping the killings.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of Wilson, Orlok Tsubodai, Seonid or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

For those wanting to play, MR26: Sands of Lossand is currently accepting sign ups.  It won't be open long though so sign up now and sharpen those daggers later.  Although blunt/dull daggers will do the job just as well if slightly messier. (Or you could use a spoon.  A rusty spoon works wonders.)

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!  If you would rather keep some detail secret or are self conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be, while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, and Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r:

• Alvron locked this topic