Quick Fix Game 26: Stop the Madness

firstRainbowRose

Some good thoughts there @The Young Bard, and I'm not just saying that because you say you trust me. :P

one thing though, your death count is off: there has been at least one death each cycle:

Cycle 0: Rubix  (GM kill)

Cycle 1: Wilson (cause of death unknown) and Eternum (lynch)

Cycle 2: Majestic (lynch)

Cycle 3: SteelDancer (cause of death unknown)

and we're on Cycle 4 now.

EDIT: also, you wondered if this might be a role madness game, which would suggest that you have a role of some sort. Care to share what it is with the group? 

Edited by Herowannabe

8 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Some good thoughts there @The Young Bard, and I'm not just saying that because you say you trust me. :P

one thing though, your death count is off: there has been at least one death each cycle:

Cycle 0: Rubix  (GM kill)

Cycle 1: Wilson (cause of death unknown) and Eternum (lynch)

Cycle 2: Majestic (lynch)

Cycle 3: SteelDancer (cause of death unknown)

and we're on Cycle 4 now.

EDIT: also, you wondered if this might be a role madness game, which would suggest that you have a role of some sort. Care to share what it is with the group? 

I was only counting non-lynch deaths for the clue - a.k.a. the ones we don't know what was causing them. I counted Rubix among that group because I was wondering if there was, for want of a better way of phrasing it - in-game reasons why they were killed, and whether their signup might have been done deliberately in order to demonstrate an early clue or source of information, or even just to add flavour (a la LG28, when Wyrm and Kas did something similar - Kas signed up and got killed off Cycle 0). There were more total deaths, but not part of the group that is relevant to the mystery deaths that we need to try and work out the cause of. Sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

Role Madness - I don't have a role, unfortunately. Role madness was my tentative theory when I signed up, but that got disproved when I got my PM. I can't really prove that claim, unfortunately, except by pointing out that I was one of the people that first pointed out that I hadn't gotten my PM yet in thread, and I have a reasonable suspicion that those with roles got their PM's first.

Not totally caught up on everything but seems like the elim kill could be every other cycle. Or the elims did that to mislead us. 

Or maybe the one that gets killed has to do something to trigger it e.g. if they're in possession of certain info or interaction with a particular role etc. My reasoning for this kind of thinking is the fact that we have to figure out why the killings are happening rather than just find the killers. It's possible there are no elims. This leads me to think there is some sort of a trigger that makes someone become a target.

And the doll obviously has something to do with it.  But if we are to believe Rebecca, then it's just something on the side rather than the main cause of the killings.

Note: I'm now assisting fRR with this game, so please include me (and Orlok, who's your IM) in PMs and don't be alarmed if I PM you. :P 

Also, we're going to try to move this game to a more consistent time, probably 9 a.m. MDT / 12 p.m. BST. Given that, the cycle is extended 19 hours, until tomorrow morning: 

blu_1505386800.png

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

Note: I'm now assisting fRR with this game, so please include me (and Orlok, who's your IM) in PMs and don't be alarmed if I PM you. :P 

Also, we're going to try to move this game to a more consistent time, probably 9 a.m. MDT / 12 p.m. BST. Given that, the cycle is extended 19 hours, until tomorrow morning: 

blu_1505386800.png

Excellent. That rollover time is much more convenient for me. :) Thanks.

3 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

was Rubix's signup in any way done with the attempt to provide a clue or add flavour to the game, or was it done against your wishes? Eh, while I'm here, may as well... Is there any significance for the purposes of the game that there had to be exactly 31 players at the start of the game?

Question one: PAFO.

Question two: It was semi-arbitrary. It could have been any number of players really.

8 minutes ago, firstRainbowRose said:

Question one: PAFO.

Question two: It was semi-arbitrary. It could have been any number of players really.

Are you able to confirm if you would rule that no valid votes does not count as a tied vote (for purposes of a hypothetical scapegoat)?

I don't mean to sound overly cynical, but not having a lynch is not helping anyone, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the people who would advocate no lynch seem to be the kind of people who have a role--or perhaps, an alignment--which they would rather remain alive to continue murdering people with.

I will withdraw my vote for now [Aman] but let it be known that my first phrase was a lie; my cynicism is palpable.

1 hour ago, Ecthelion III said:

I don't mean to sound overly cynical, but not having a lynch is not helping anyone, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the people who would advocate no lynch seem to be the kind of people who have a role--or perhaps, an alignment--which they would rather remain alive to continue murdering people with.

I will withdraw my vote for now [Aman] but let it be known that my first phrase was a lie; my cynicism is palpable.

Thank you Ecthelion. 

FWIW I have already told my role (Cupid) and it doesn't matter one whit whether I stay alive or not. My role triggered Cycle 0 and it's done for the rest of the game. Also, I am one of those who got a "You're a regular villager, but maybe something could change later..." type of alignments. Unfortunately, I have no way of proving any of this. 

I have PMed the two players I chose to be lovers and neither one of them knew that they had been made lovers until I told them. Apparently even that info was part of the blackout. So they can't confirm what I'm saying. 

I would say lynch me, but killing people doesn't reveal roles or alignment, so that doesn't prove anything either. 

So like it or not, we're blind, and we have to proceed blindly, including having blind trust in one another. That is why I urged (and still do) everyone to share what info they have, rather directly or indirectly, with the thread. Even if (hypothetically) someone comes out and says "Hey guys I'm a seeker" and then they get killed the next cycle that tells us a LOT. It would mean that there are different alignments out there to be scanned and it would most likely mean that there are eliminators who don't want us finding out who they are. Right now we don't know either of those things for sure. 

So again, everyone, please share what you know. And if you didn't receive any special roles or items or alignments, then say so! Even that info narrows down who and what we need to focus on to figure this puzzle out. 

EDIT: @Ecthelion III I just realized I didn't actually address your concerns, though I meant to. You argue that not lynching doesn't help anyone. In any other SE game that would be true. But in this game? We don't know if there are eliminators that need to be lynched. We don't even learn anything when we do lynch someone. If lynching people revealed their role and/or alignment, then sure, I'd say let's lynch people (preferably the inactives) and see what we can learn. 

But as far as we know right now, lynching doesn't help anyone. All it does is remove people from the game who might be able to add to the discussion and help us figure this thing out. 

Edited by Herowannabe

16 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I have PMed the two players I chose to be lovers and neither one of them knew that they had been made lovers until I told them. Apparently even that info was part of the blackout. So they can't confirm what I'm saying. 

Hi guys. I'm one of the lovers, so it's especially unfortunate that I became the Scapegoat. I can confirm that I had no clue until Hero PM'd me and introduced me to my soul mate. In case you're wondering, though, I've never been happier. So please don't try to come between us  :wub:

Thank you @Herowannabe! Concise and eloquent. And, most importantly, correct (AFAICT).

If there is a scanner out there,  either of the dead or the living, I'd kind of like to know. And results so far - that would be even more important. If you don't feel comfortable revealing in thread,  then scan me and, after you've find that I'm not a threat, upload the information to the Seer network. :P

I'm most curious about Wilson's role atm, of all the dead players. None of the living stand out to me.

I don't have firsthand knowledge of roles beyond vanilla, but I have secondhand information of a teacher role.  Don't know it's full capacities yet.

yay for finally being present in this game xD 

so, I've seen:

1.lots of vanilla claims (same here friends)

2. a scapegoat

3. cupid (why you no pick me xD)

4. 2 lovers (second game in a row I didn't get to have that role and wanted it :P)

5. a doll (creepy)

6. a teacher (of what? :P)

From reading back through the game thread just now, I'm leaning towards the idea that there might not even be any elims. If we're trying to figure out what's causing the deaths then I'd assume that's our win con rather than just killing elims. If we have a lynch it must be for a reason though, right? Maybe we have to lynch the person who has the doll on the cycle it's "triggered"? I dunno, sounds rather disturbing to me. xD Why is there a doll? :o It was said that the doll passes every two cycles, right? Is that random or can the person holding it choose who the next holder will be?

17 minutes ago, Sami said:

I am a [REDACTED]

:( very inspiring  

Samiiiiiii. I hope that's you paraphrasing. If not, allow me to direct you to our General Rules, particularly:

Don’t quote anything from your GM PM for any reason. This includes quoting your role PM or action results. Do not show your GM PM to any other player.

Here's the full post in case you haven't seen it:

Looks like we get an unknown death every other cycle regardless if we lynch someone or not.

If there is a teacher role, perhaps they have to teach one of the normal townspeople to help unlock a power for them? 

I'm a normal town person if the teacher would like to try this theory out :) 

2 minutes ago, Lemonelon said:

Looks like we get an unknown death every other cycle regardless if we lynch someone or not.

If there is a teacher role, perhaps they have to teach one of the normal townspeople to help unlock a power for them? 

I'm a normal town person if the teacher would like to try this theory out :) 

Not necessarily. There wasn't a mystery death in Cycle 2. I have a theory why... I would post it now, but I have dinner to eat. I'll type it out properly next cycle.

Players should not use information from their GM PM in such a manner as to give GM confirmed information to the thread. I'm of the view that the spirit of this rule extends to including wording that could not otherwise be known in a slightly paraphrased manner, even when not a direct copy paste.

QF26: Stop the Madness, Cycle 5

The tap room was quiet the next day as everyone tried to recover from the extreme violence of the last few days.

“So many dead,” someone muttered.

As the day progressed the only thing that broke the quiet calm was a sudden shout of “Ah-ha!” from the rooms above.

No one died!

blu_1505473200.png

Player List
1. Haelbarde - Horatio Heatherlocke
2. Darkness Ascendant - Necrosis Jones
3. Sami - Aleta Nebrask
4. Straw - Straw
5. Lemonelon - Adelaide
6. Flash - SteelDancer
7. Eternum - Nero
8. Julio - Taklon Nalkot
9. Roadwalker - Lawrence "Silver" Arthur
10. _Stick_ - Stick
11. King Cole - Turtle
12. Megasif - Shaa Locke Haums
13. Droughtbringer -
14. Sony - Sony
15. Majestic - Lion Shadow
16. A Budgie - Budge
17. Seonid - Erodaan Qadri
18. Alvron - Jace Blood-Axe
19. Little Wilson - Temperance Owen
20. Arinian -  Irvin Thyme
21. Mark IV - Mark
22. Herowannabe - The Heron
23. Jondesu - Remart
24. The Young Bard - Shadow
25. BrightnessRadiant - Rani
26. Dani - Yiferian
27. RippleGylf - Ripple
28. TheMightyLopen - Usopp
29. Ecthelion III - Cyrus
30. Rebecca - Jayne
31. Amanuensis
32. Rubix

That's great news! Now we know that it's possible to keep everyone alive for a cycle. 

This is also a point in favor of the theory that there aren't eliminator roles. Hopefully that will make people more willing to share what their roles are. 

Also, who has the doll now?

7 minutes ago, Arinian said:

I'm usual villager, I don't have any items... I don't have much to say. All what we need to keep everyone alive is not voting? Or what?

Well so far we've figured out that by not voting we can avoid lynching anyone, including the scapegoat. However something is still causing deaths out there on a sporadic basis. We still need to figure out who/what is doing that and stop them. 

I feel like we've made a significant breakthrough here. Wilson said it was the evil doll,  but I just realized that we only have Wilson's word that the doll is evil.

It might be a decent assumption. It might not. Worth interrogating, at least. @Rebecca, do you still have the doll?