[OB] Oathbringer Back Cover

Pagerunner

I cant see anything on the picture but

The Captain is Kaladin,

the Spy is probably Shallan, but plot twist could be Renarin

The Stonewalker is Szeth,

The Traitor I could see being Taravangarin (traitor to mankind), Eshoni (traitor to the Voidbringers if she turns out good or maybe to the parshendi for bringing their gods) , maybe Nale or Ishar, hopefully not Dalinar, could be Renarin ( ur welcome renarin haters) or maybe someone else

The King could be Dalinar, Elhokar, or even Jezerien, and Taravangarian but that is unlikely

Any other theories? @Pagerunner you have opened Pandoras box

Ninja'd by @FeatherWriterFeatherWriter

Edit- after Feathers post it looks like Eshoni is traitor

Edited by 17th Splinter

Download, flip, zoom.

Edit: This is about the size I had it. Still pretty blurry but at that point it's more getting a feel off the shapes than actually reading them. Brains are good at pattern recognition, so don't think too hard and see what comes to you.59c9c02cd7ed8_BackCover.png.f68fbb2d6c191c3d381e854cd6899105.png

Edited by FeatherWriter
added pic

I think it's eyes of red, but I also couldn't read it.

The next part definitely reads: We may soon hold surges again, but after that, your guess is as good as mine.

Also I read part of the Enemy's Soul, rather than mind, and I think the line is This war is new, and never was, what they thought it to be.

Edited by StoneWalker
Found more stuff

8 minutes ago, 17th Splinter said:

The Traitor I could see being Taravangarin (traitor to mankind), Eshoni (traitor to the Voidbringers if she turns out good or maybe to the parshendi for bringing their gods) , maybe Nale or Ishar, hopefully not Dalinar, could be Renarin ( ur welcome renarin haters) or maybe someone else

The King could be Dalinar, Elhokar, or even Jezerien, and Taravangarian but that is unlikely

Any other theories? @Pagerunner you have opened Pandoras box

Ninja'd by @FeatherWriter

I think the parallels with previous back covers mean The King will be Dalinar, and The Traitor will be Eshonai. They are our five flashback characters for the first half of Stormlight, so that's why they're going on the back covers. (Only four in WoK because Brandon hadn't decided between Eshonai and Navani.)

Oh, and I think it is "we may soon ___ Surges."

Edited by Pagerunner

I think it is pretty straight-forward:

The Captain is Kaladin broken by Tien's death.

The Spy is Shallan.

The Stonewalker is Szeth looking for truth.

The King is Dalinar looking for his past.

The Traitor has to be Eshonai looking for redemption.

I honestly doubt any other character than the main five are mentioned on the back of the book cover.

1 minute ago, Harry the Heir said:

I will say this: this is a lot of work we're doing to decipher something that won't be that revealing in any case, and regardless this is a fun exercise.

Well, what can I say, we are probably all just looking for anything new until tomorrow comes, and brings us our real fix.

3 minutes ago, Harry the Heir said:

I will say this: this is a lot of work we're doing to decipher something that won't be that revealing in any case, and regardless this is a fun exercise.

No. The back cover is HUGE. This is biger than last weeks chapters!

Maybe that's just me. But i love the backs on the books

17 minutes ago, FeatherWriter said:

A new storm has come.

Ash and red lightning sweep the land, awakening our ancient enemies. The Unmade—shadows of the Enemy's mind—stir, while the eyes of [men] open. This war is [???] and [never] was what they thought it to be.

We may [soon hold] Surges again. [For the Radiants have resurfaced ??? And shepherd???  ]. The Captainbroken by [loss] seeks [reconstruction]. The Spy, broken by [?????] seeks [????]. The Stonewalker, broken by [????] seeks truth. The traitor, broken by [annihilation] seeks [freedom ]

And finally, The King, broken by [the ????, he seeks the past ??? ??????] (past this it's all illegible to me)

I filled in the portions in brackets with what it looked like to me. Best I got. 

Just now, Harry the Heir said:

I don't see Eshonai as being broken by ambition, to be honest. She (absent the influence of the stormform) doesn't seem ambitious, she seems like George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life, stuck in the family business when all she wants to do is see the world.

I think it is referring to her sister's ambition.