So... NanoWriMo is coming up! I have an idea for a magic system, let me just sketch out some really loose details. Imagine the magic from White Sand, except it isn't sand. It's actually more like the magic from Aether of Night. The magicians or whatever have these "crystals" the more experienced and powerful magicians can have them the size of a grapefruit, the record is something like a basketball, and the newbies would have them about the size of a pea or a quarter. Anyway, thats how big they are when they are pressed together. With their minds, these magicians can take these crystals and burst them apart in millions of tiny fragments and use them like arms or something, like white sand. They can make the particals so small that they can shoot these crystals through a wall, without harming the wall, and coalesce the crystals and stab someone or something on the other side. What I would like to know is: Has this been done?

2 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

They can make the particals so small that they can shoot these crystals through a wall, without harming the wall

Impossible to do if you want the crystals to interact with physics normally.

2 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

What I would like to know is: Has this been done?

This sounds similar to any Sand Manipulation power. But it's extremely rare to find a power that has not been done before. It's all about how you use it.