Brandon Q&A panel on 23 September 2017

Watchcry

Hey gang. I'm going to attend a Q&A panel with Brandon at the Salt Lake City COMICON tomorrow. 

Just wanted to get a feel for how he RAFOs questions. If he RAFOs me does that mean it'll either most likely be answered in Oathbringer or it's too vital to a plot reveal down the road, correct?

This is my first time and I just want to make sure I offer a quality question. I have a couple in mind, I just need to figure out what will yield me the best response and NOT get a RAFO. 

Paging @Kurkistan, the RAFO expert.

Brandon RAFOs questions he feels give too much away, questions that will be revealed in future books, and sometimes RAFOs just to keep us guessing. Keep your questions specific, and don't ask too much about future events. That may seem like a bit too much to not do, but really there's a lot more to ask about, like magic, characters, cosmere mechanics, historical events, etc.

I've been to his comic con panels in the past and for the general Q&A he'll strongly discourage any spoilery questions in that broad of a setting. If you really want to ask him a question like that, you'd probably need to go to his signing line.

I could be wrong and you're not planning a spoiler question, so just ignore me. :)

See here for the times of his signings:

https://brandonsanderson.com/salt-lake-comic-con-ldsppa/

1 minute ago, Lurcher said:

I've been to his comic con panels in the past and for the general Q&A he'll strongly discourage any spoilery questions in that broad of a setting. If you really want to ask him a question like that, you'd probably need to go to his signing line.

I could be wrong and you're not planning a spoiler question, so just ignore me. :)

See here for the times of his signings:

https://brandonsanderson.com/salt-lake-comic-con-ldsppa/

Ok. Awesome. I'm also going to his signing at the BYU bookstore in release day. I may reserve a question or two for that seeing as well. 

I don't believe I did, no.

No worries about the confusion: For instance, I could have sworn there was a member whose name sounded like "crying door" around here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find him as of late...

10 minutes ago, Kurkistan said:

I don't believe I did, no.

No worries about the confusion: For instance, I could have sworn there was a member whose name sounded like "crying door" around here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find him as of late...

Seems like a lot of people have gone missing, like Flash, Delightful, and others.... Or maybe they've been here among us this whole time. :ph34r:

• Chaos locked this topic